collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Even more press-ed off  (Read 5255 times)

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
Re: Even more press-ed off
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 12:12:23 PM »
Because of the way we are run, why dosent Mr Fox say T S is in it for the long haul and back him to get us out of the championship.  No pressure for the rest of the season develops new squad members at lest it would give us some hope, because what we had in August has totally disappeared.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »
Wasn't it Sherwood who made Benteke's release clause public?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 12:21:06 PM »
Clear, honest, truthful stuff Dave.

I could weep at the predictably shite, easy fodder we have turned into for other teams...and not just the "big" clubs.

Leicester, Stoke and the bitters all took maximum points from those games.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »

It was indeed

He also said Liverpool was the wrong club for him then when questioned on it after we sold him he denied it ,,,he just talks utter crap on a constant basis.

It's one thing having to sit with gloating Liverpool /United fans but when your in the office with Palace fans and your envious then thats a whole new world of shit

Offline Diablo

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 02:26:09 PM »
I think the question of Sherwood's brief for the year is crucial. If Sherwood is saying the hierarchy are happy with finishing 17th with a policy of buying in players that will just have a resale value (rather than actually being equipped for the EPL) and us only spending £7 million net to stay in the division I think that is extremely damning and shows just how rotten things have become. I am not defending Sherwood as I do not think he is equipped to manage us (or any other PL team for that matter) and I have no doubt a better manager would get more out of our current squad. I am hoping that this blip (nosedive) is actually down to Sherwood although I fear despite the seemingly encouraging outward internal appointments that is sadly not the case.

Online frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 03:38:04 PM »
I can't see Sherwood falling on his own sword; someone else will have to wield it. How long will it take Tom Fox, who was convinced / allowed himself to be convinced that Sherwood was the only man for the job, to do the deed? Perhaps, as you suggest, Sherwood's recent statements will push him into action.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »
De-press-ing reading!

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 08:41:24 PM »
http://thebirminghampress.com/2015/10/saturday-bloody-saturday/

Good article thanks. Some painful home truths in there. My opinion is this.
Sherwood had the rug pulled from under him with the sales of Benteke and Hissing Sid. He would have been planning the coming season very different to how it panned out. He has clearly been given players to work with chosen not by him but by money men not football people. It's a recipe for disaster and it is panning out that way with glaringly obvious predictably. One thing I  do blame Sherwood for 100%. Not replacing Guzan who he KNEW wasn't premier league standard.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 08:43:45 PM »

It was indeed

He also said Liverpool was the wrong club for him then when questioned on it after we sold him he denied it ,,,he just talks utter crap on a constant basis.

It's one thing having to sit with gloating Liverpool /United fans but when your in the office with Palace fans and your envious then thats a whole new world of shit
Ouch!!! I feel your pain brother.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 08:47:16 PM »
Although he did openly say at the start of pre-season that he thought Benteke was going to stay.

He must have been the old person on the planet who thought that

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal