collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy Lerner  (Read 508385 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Randy Lerner
« Reply #2490 on: February 11, 2016, 06:08:54 PM »
Has anyone seen this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6923524/Aston-Villa-woes-How-Randy-Lerners-reign-has-ruined-great-club.html

Seems to be a good history of the Lerner years to date. Certainly better than certain articles that say, to paraphrase, its Garde and all them Johnny foreigners who need to be kick out of the club.

I don't like the sound of this:

"Yet there was no buyer at the £200m asking price — or even at lower valuations Lerner was forced to concede. Various consortia began due diligence, only to decide not to proceed. The precise nature of what they saw in the books remains unclear."

It's the Sun.

Offline Locko

« Reply #2491 on: February 11, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »
I wonder if they will put that on his epitaph
Randy Lerner
Not quite as bad as Yeung Oyston or Venkys.

It's that or factory of sadness magnate...

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #2492 on: February 11, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »
I wonder if they will put that on his epitaph
Randy Lerner
Not quite as bad as Yeung Oyston or Venkys.

It's that or factory of sadness magnate...
Factory of Sadness Magnate gets it for me.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2493 on: February 11, 2016, 08:19:18 PM »
I thought the Scum was behind a pay wall?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #2494 on: February 11, 2016, 08:28:16 PM »
So did I but I saw the link on Facebook and low and behold, a well written account of what has happened.

Maybe they stopped charging for content at the same time they went from being a red top to a green top.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2495 on: February 11, 2016, 08:35:48 PM »
That Scum article list 5 players that were hits and 5 that were flops. Vlaar is in with the hits, Bent in the flops.

Offline Locko

« Reply #2496 on: February 11, 2016, 08:36:45 PM »
Has anyone seen this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6923524/Aston-Villa-woes-How-Randy-Lerners-reign-has-ruined-great-club.html

Seems to be a good history of the Lerner years to date. Certainly better than certain articles that say, to paraphrase, its Garde and all them Johnny foreigners who need to be kick out of the club.
I've read the article and its worrying if there is any truth that potential buyers looked over the books and took flight. It's all unsubstantiated, but there were enough rumours of  talks teaching an advanced stage last summer and breaking down,  which may lend some  credence in this. Oh Lord, I suspect we haven't  seen the start of how this will all unravel...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:11:05 AM by Locko »

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #2497 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:15 PM »
Well according to this story talks broke down with an interested party last summer.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #2498 on: February 11, 2016, 08:50:57 PM »
Has anyone seen this:

I don't like the sound of this:

"Yet there was no buyer at the £200m asking price — or even at lower valuations Lerner was forced to concede. Various consortia began due diligence, only to decide not to proceed. The precise nature of what they saw in the books remains unclear."

It's the Sun.

This article seems fairer and more well-informed than even a lot of fan sites do. I feel really dirty for admitting it because I hate The Sun, but credit where it's due for actually looking for the facts for once.

Online Hillbilly

« Reply #2499 on: February 11, 2016, 11:34:45 PM »
Has anyone seen this:

I've read the article and its worrying if there is any truth that potential buyers looked over the books and took flight. It's all unsubstantiated, but there were enough rumours of  talks teaching an advanced stage last summer and breaking down, that there may be some credence in this. Oh Lord, I suspect we haven't  seen the start of how this will all unravel...
It may be true. But there needs to be a pinch of salt. It's not inconceivable that this stuff gets fed out by potential buyers to undermine the perceived value of the club.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2500 on: February 12, 2016, 12:00:35 AM »

Rebekah Brooks scrapped it soon after being reinstated following her miraculous escape from a spell in the pokey. 

Offline Locko

« Reply #2501 on: February 12, 2016, 07:28:53 AM »
Has anyone seen this:

I've read the article and its worrying if there is any truth that potential buyers looked over the books and took flight. It's all unsubstantiated, but there were enough rumours of  talks teaching an advanced stage last summer and breaking down, that there may be some credence in this. Oh Lord, I suspect we haven't  seen the start of how this will all unravel...
It may be true. But there needs to be a pinch of salt. It's not inconceivable that this stuff gets fed out by potential buyers to undermine the perceived value of the club.

This is equally  possible, however, all the evidence we have indicates we've been catastrophically badly run  during Lerner's tenure. If I had to bet on it I know where I'd put my money.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #2502 on: February 12, 2016, 07:44:45 AM »
This is how it's done. Randy take heed you clueless dolt

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/206821-fsg-s-message-to-liverpool-supporters

We quite obviously got the wrong American/Americans...

For all he's got wrong in the past five years he would never try to pull a stroke like that so he'd never have to put it right.

Totally agree Dave. For all the faults of the board Villa have never tried to rip the fans off with overpriced tickets.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #2503 on: February 12, 2016, 07:47:00 AM »
Not condoning, but if you think that's bad you should go to an Old Firm game  :o

And right there is why I wouldn't want to.

I been to Scotland games at Hampden when Rangers fans are booing Celtic players and Celtic fans booing Rangers players playing for the Country they both support. Total F*^kups in my opinion.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #2504 on: February 12, 2016, 08:17:02 AM »
This is how it's done. Randy take heed you clueless dolt

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/206821-fsg-s-message-to-liverpool-supporters

We quite obviously got the wrong American/Americans...

For all he's got wrong in the past five years he would never try to pull a stroke like that so he'd never have to put it right.

Totally agree Dave. For all the faults of the board Villa have never tried to rip the fans off with overpriced tickets.

At least no more than any other club

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal