collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Moyes?  (Read 47515 times)

Offline KRS

Moyes?
« on: October 18, 2015, 05:32:45 AM »
Admittedly this is purely press speculation, but even though the television media appear to be supportive of Sherwood, the written media appears to be very much in favour of a managerial change despite there being no direct quotes from Moyes of any interest in replacing the current incompetent:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/470702/Exclusive-Ex-Man-Utd-Everton-manager-David-Moyes-wants-Aston-Villa-job

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-fancies-aston-managers-6654513

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-manager-gossip-one-10282207

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/612469/David-Moyes-Tim-Sherwood-Aston-Villa-Transfer-News-Gossip

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/612790/Ex-Manchester-United-boss-David-Moyes-Aston-Villa-job

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/real-sociedad-coach-david-moyes-keen-to-hear-from-aston-villa-4100368

Personally I'd have made the change at the start of the International break, but unfortunately I'm not wealthy or priviledged enough to be the owner or custodian of a Premier League club. If we were mid-table with aspirations of taking us to the next level then I'd have taken a chance on Frank de Boer, but given our current predicament and requirement to stay in the Premier League, then I would adopt the simple strategy of appointing a manager that has proven Premier League experience and more than likely to secure Premier League survival amidst other potential candidates.

I may be more than a slightly bit drunk...so please forgive any spelling mistakes caused by or corrected by autocorrect, but ladies and gentleman...I propose the case for David Moyes (despite failing at Man Utd (arguably too big a club for him) and Real Sociedad (arguably not doing too good))...however could he be a good fit at Villa?

I'm going to pass out now and hope I don't piss myself in my sleep. Thank you...and good night! :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:34:46 AM by KRS »

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Re: Moyes?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 06:49:46 AM »
Admittedly this is purely press speculation, but even though the television media appear to be supportive of Sherwood, the written media appears to be very much in favour of a managerial change despite there being no direct quotes from Moyes of any interest in replacing the current incompetent:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/470702/Exclusive-Ex-Man-Utd-Everton-manager-David-Moyes-wants-Aston-Villa-job

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/David quotes QTS

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-manager-gossip-one-10282207

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/612469/David-Moyes-Tim-Sherwood-Aston-Villa-Transfer-News-Gossip

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/612790/Ex-Manchester-United-boss-David-Moyes-Aston-Villa-job

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/real-sociedad-coach-david-moyes-keen-to-hear-from-aston-villa-4100368

Personally I'd have made the change at the start of the International break, but unfortunately I'm not wealthy or priviledged enough to be the owner or custodian of a Premier League club. If we were mid-table with aspirations of taking us to the next level then I'd have taken a chance on Frank de Boer, but given our current predicament and requirement to stay in the Premier League, then I would adopt the simple strategy of appointing a manager that has proven Premier League experience and more than likely to secure Premier League survival amidst other potential candidates.

I may be more than a slightly bit drunk...so please forgive any spelling mistakes caused by or corrected by autocorrect, but ladies and gentleman...I propose the case for David Moyes (despite failing at Man Utd (arguably too big a club for him) and Real Sociedad (arguably not doing too good))...however could he be a good fit at Villa?

I'm going to pass out now and hope I don't piss myself in my sleep. Thank you...and good night! :)

I would have preferred Moyes two years ago but we are in serious trouble and need a professional manager to get us out of it before it is too late.Plenty of time for him to do that and he is the on the only decent alternative to this amateur we have employed.Over to you MrLerner!

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 07:00:09 AM »
Did not think too much of him at Everton as he was another dour "result grinding" manager. United showed him up and now he is struggling at the foot of the Spanish league. I would Imagine he has technically gifted players at sociadad so his coaching ability and management has left them floundering. Not for me

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 07:07:13 AM »
Did not think too much of him at Everton as he was another dour "result grinding" manager. United showed him up and now he is struggling at the foot of the Spanish league. I would Imagine he has technically gifted players at sociadad so his coaching ability and management has left them floundering. Not for me

Me either, I dont think he is a safe option at all.

I would hope the club has finally learnt their lesson and will set their sights a bit higher this time.

Still if he came obviously I would get behind him, he is nowhere near my first choice though.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 07:07:36 AM »
We'd have crawled in our hands and knees to Goodison Park and begged him to come 2 years ago. He's our best and most realistic option at this point. If we went down with him he'd be the perfect person to get us back up. Go get him...

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 07:22:48 AM »
I hope you woke up dry and sober. I am afraid the Moyes thing is just kite flying. I personally cannot see him wanting to come to Villa and there is no evidence that he wants to. Our plight is too serious for wish lists.
That we must replace Sherwood is staring us in the face but we have form for leaving change too late.  Unless we are prepared to spend big on a manager we will have to sift through the candidates willing to come and lie on the Villa Park bed of nails. If I had to bet on the future I expect they will give Sherwood until Christmas then bring in a manager who will be largely derided on here and in the wider fan base.
Our fundamental problem is that you cannot turn back time. We are four time losers in the manager selection game, five times if you include allowing Martin O'Neill to run amok with a club cheque book then fail to see his premeditated strike coming. Apart from the difficulty of finding a quality manager who can win games, the endless defeats have reduced the fans to a level of performance intolerance not seen for decades at Villa Park.  All of the fan goodwill that was built up by Randy Lerner's early time has been squandered by managerial selection blunders of increasing stupidity.  Apart from Paul Lambert who morphed at Villa Park, the other manager choices were wild throws of the dice. Houllier was sick, McLeish was a serial relegator with a mountain of baggage and Sherwood was, and remains a construct of his media mates with no substance beneath the vanity.
So, will it be Moyes?  I doubt it. I don't think he fancies drinking in the last chance saloon and anybody who does will get a very rough ride from all quarters. Some of the Benteke money should have been set aside to buy us the right man but that would have taken foresight a quality not much in evidence for the last five years.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:27:00 AM by brian green »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 07:44:03 AM »
if all that is true Brian, we are irredeemably lost and destined for oblivion ;  there simply must be some kind of way out of here.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 07:46:37 AM »
I want us to become hard to beat again, miserly at the back and to make VP a place sides don't want to come.

I don't care about free flowing football in terms of where we are now. To turn our situation is going to need hard work and organisation - the frills will have to wait for a couple of years.

Moyes fits the bill for me if we can get him.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 07:48:45 AM »
I am fairly confident that Sherwood will go shortly whether we beat Swansea or not.The club owner would like to sell but it appears his wish will not be granted.Therefore he will want the club to stay where the money is.He will want an organised defensive manager who will be cheap to obtain.It doesn't matter what we want we don't own the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if David Moyes comes in a lot sooner than you may think!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 07:54:57 AM »
I think there is Mr U.  The problem is that it is going to be very painful.  It will involve the appointment of a man few of us will like and that man getting back to fundamentals with the players. Hard work and discipline will have to be the order of the day. No more goal keeping howlers, no soft goals, no more featherweight midfield, no more Westwood taking corners and set pieces, no more Gestede over Kozak just for the sake of favouritism. There is a Ron Saunders out there somewhere.  All we have to do is find him.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:56:53 AM by brian green »

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 08:01:27 AM »
I think there is Mr U.  The problem is that it is going to be very painful.  It will involve the appointment of a man few of us will like and that man getting back to fundamentals with the players. Hard work and discipline will have to be the order of the day. No more goal keeping howlers, no soft goals, no more featherweight midfield, no more Westwood taking corners and set pieces, no more Gestede over Kozak just for the sake of favouritism. There is a Ron Saunders out there somewhere.  All we have to do is find him.

Brian, you mean take a punt on someone? Isn't that what we've been doing?

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 08:05:56 AM »
I think what Brian is stating is that for once the people at the club who appoint the Manager, should do their bloody homework and not appoint one of the media boys mates, actually look at what the person has achieved, not what the press tell you he has or is going to.
Our want for stylish football (hahahaha), may have to go on the back burner while a spine of a team is assembled and then built round.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 08:10:38 AM »
I'd be up for some dour, result grinding 4th, 5th or 6th place finishes about now. Hell, breaching that forty point barrier would be a dream.

Get that private jet over to Spain.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 08:16:11 AM »
Just our luck Newcastle will poach him first.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 08:22:11 AM »
Great posts Brian. However, I think you may have just described Tony Pulis!

I honestly haven't a clue who would want the job. Ancelloti, Bielsa appear fanciful. Rodgers and Redknapp  seems underwhelming. Dyche and Rowett are the gamble. I wonder if Mark Hughes is the type of in between solid person we settle for? Cue the 'no way' comments!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal