collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What on earth is going on?  (Read 7075 times)

Offline thegreatdane

• Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg paid more than
What on earth is going on?
« on: October 05, 2015, 12:16:36 PM »
Apologies if something similar already posted but I missed the Sunderland game as I was in Amsterdam.

So yes I am yet to see a home goal :(

So we play 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 at home have most of the possession and do absolutely nothing with it but pass backwards. It was like watching a team full of Boateng's and McCanns.

Arguably our best crosser even though hes rubbish is Bacuna and a role like RWB that would of suited him and hes on the bench.

Crespo? I felt sorry for the lad chucked in like that

We had an effort from Richards who was magnificent again, that went wide and Ruddy had a shot outside the box that wouldnt of troubled Gabor Kiraly.

Ayew? Veretout? Ruddy? Gana? 7/8m a player with no premiership experience. The year it takes to settle into the Prem we will be in the Championship

Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: What on earth is going on?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »
Richards is magnificent in a marauding, last-ditch, brute strength, bit of skill and pace kinda way but in terms of positioning and organising his defence, which is his responsibility as captain and senior centre back, he is really being found-out at the moment.

Offline thegreatdane

• Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg paid more than
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 12:21:57 PM »
he has been head and shoulders ahead of anyone else?

can someone thats been watching villa longer than 15 years tell me that this is it.

Were gone

Offline levico

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 12:27:46 PM »
he has been head and shoulders ahead of anyone else?

can someone thats been watching villa longer than 15 years tell me that this is it.

Were gone

I've been supporting them for 51 years I can say that we're not gone but we will be if we keep Sherwood too long.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 12:39:49 PM »
I have been supporting them a long, long time and we are only gone if we dither like we did with Lambert.   We have a run of tough fixtures coming up.   Sherwood will achieve nothing from those games.   A new man in place with less hard games to play can get us moving.   Has Fox got the balls to read the writing on the wall? Not yet but the clock is ticking.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 12:42:01 PM »
Richards is magnificent in a marauding, last-ditch, brute strength, bit of skill and pace kinda way but in terms of positioning and organising his defence, which is his responsibility as captain and senior centre back, he is really being found-out at the moment.

I'm agreeing with that. His job to me is not to be marauding up the pitch trying to score goals it's to be organising our defence which at the moment is bloody terrible. That's HIS JOB and at the moment he's simply not doing it well enough, ditto all the other defenders

If he's eager to go wandering away from his post i suggest a Richards - Okore - Clark - Amavi back four ASAP

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »
I've been watching 25 years, this last few years is the worst i've put up with, All of them not just Sherbert, started when Mon fucked off

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 01:20:27 PM »
Richards looks like the best right back we will never see play.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »
Richards would be fine if we had someone like Jagielka next to him, a smart old bastard who knows where to be and how to cover for his partners. The old aggressive & covering combo in defence is fine. Unfortunately we don't have anyone like that, apart from Clark (who's not quite good enough to make up for all of Richards' errors). Lescott is an aging aggression defender, who never had the best positional sense anyway. It's a bad situation back there.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 01:26:43 PM »

I'm agreeing with that. His job to me is not to be marauding up the pitch trying to score goals it's to be organising our defence which at the moment is bloody terrible. That's HIS JOB and at the moment he's simply not doing it well enough, ditto all the other defenders

If he's eager to go wandering away from his post i suggest a Richards - Okore - Clark - Amavi back four ASAP

Yeah, I like him and he's got a big part to play here in the coming years but he does seem to dive into things a lot and hasn't got the calm, confident, commanding centre back qualities that we used to see 15 years ago or more. I think RB might be better for him long term, but I don't honestly see Clark and Okore being any better at CB, if as good. Lescott has made a bad start also, I think we need some seriously better coaching in that area, we've been shit for years.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »

I thought Clark & Okore showed flashes of a decent developing CB partnership last season. Sometimes it's not about the best individuals, it's about who plays better as a pair obviously.

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 04:19:23 PM »
http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/October/5-October/Cole-This-is-going-to-be-a-great-year?

Our players are seeking out their old clubs to find positivity now, brilliant

Offline ez

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 05:00:54 PM »
When McLeish took over i expected it to be as rubbish as it was. Since then i've mistakenly had the assumption that it was temporary and we would soon gravitate back to where we should be. I was wrong.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
I have been supporting them a long, long time and we are only gone if we dither like we did with Lambert.   We have a run of tough fixtures coming up.   Sherwood will achieve nothing from those games.   A new man in place with less hard games to play can get us moving.   Has Fox got the balls to read the writing on the wall? Not yet but the clock is ticking.

This.  Anything we can scrape from the next 5 games will be a bonus.  If we leave it until we are seriously adrift before taking action we may as well accept our our fate.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »
When McLeish took over i expected it to be as rubbish as it was. Since then i've mistakenly had the assumption that it was temporary and we would soon gravitate back to where we should be. I was wrong.
Where should we be?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal