collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:18:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:18:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 09:17:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 09:17:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:17:06 PM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by john e
[Today at 09:17:02 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:16:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 09:15:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ed off once more  (Read 4514 times)

Offline sidcowans10

Re: Press-ed off once more
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 10:43:01 AM »
It's sadly 100 per cent spot on.
I wish it wasn't

Offline levico

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 11:02:23 AM »
Dripping with sarcasm - love it!!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 01:00:01 PM »
The most pertinent line for me is "But I do believe a club with such available resources shouldn’t find competing with Southampton, Swansea and Crystal Palace beyond them".  Those three clubs have come into the Premier League and in a short space of time, have left us in their rear view mirror. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 01:41:22 PM »
Your strongest article Dave in a long time and reflects accurately how things have turned around and how very quickly. I said it when I started the match thread how ludicrous the team selection looked and it didn't take a genius to figure out what he was attempting at home against the world power Stoke City. Depressing didn't do it justice and it just left us all with that sinking feeling and in he knowledge of here "we go again".

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
Your strongest article Dave in a long time and reflects accurately how things have turned around and how very quickly. I said it when I started the match thread how ludicrous the team selection looked and it didn't take a genius to figure out what he was attempting at home against the world power Stoke City. Depressing didn't do it justice and it just left us all with that sinking feeling and in he knowledge of here "we go again".

If he was playing 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 or 3-5-1-1 surely Bacuna, for all his limitations, is a far better attack minded option than Hutton.

Online Skerra

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »
Well done Dave, sums up my feelings entirely.
As soon as the team was announced on Saturday, everyone around me were in disbelief. Surely, if us fans can see it, why can't TS see it? I very nearly walked out when Stoke scored as I just couldn't see where a goal was coming from for us - how disturbing is that.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 05:49:27 PM »
Spot on Dave - as said above, one of your best .

Agreed.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 05:57:51 PM »
More astute than ever Mr Woodhall!

Along with many other views on this site in the last few days, it's reassuring to know that it's not just me who feels like this!

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 05:59:57 PM »
If Daves articles were election seats then this one would be a bellwether article. Even the most patient of us are growing tired of this nonsense now.  There has to be change of some sort.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 04:00:39 PM »
Spot on Dave.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 09:25:31 AM »
I realise I'm probably in a minority of 1 here, but I'm still inclined to back him either to a) the point we get adrift right at the bottom (6-8 pts), or b) if we are still bottom 3 at Christmas. We have to give him a chance. If I was ceo, I'd tell him that. We'll back you to this point, we're giving you a chance to turn it round, despite the current position being unacceptable. Either sort it out or you're gone if we get to either scenario a or b above.

Edited to add that I'd also be sounding out potential replacements to step in if we do have to pull the trigger any time soon.

Who knows? A win against shaky Chelsea could maybe be a turning point for us. But I'm sure we all know how that script is likely to play out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:03:00 AM by robbo1874 »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 09:33:32 AM »
I realise I'm probably in a minority of 1 here, but I'm still inclined to back him either to a) the point we get adrift right at the bottom (6-8 pts), or b) if we are still bottom 3 at Christmas. We have to give him a chance. If I was ceo, I'd tell him that. We'll back you to this point, we're giving you a chance to turn it round, despite the current position being unacceptable. Either sort it out or you're gone if we get to either scenario a or b above.

Fair point of view. We could be adrift at the bottom soon enough though, unfortunately.

Like you I feel a bit weird about sacking a manager this early in the season but Sherwood is giving us very little ammunition to back him.

Something needs to change and soon. If its not results it just has to be manager. No matter how painful that will be to go through the whole thing yet again. If I learnt anything from my overly long support for Lambert it is that things will not get better if you just keep the faith. Sometimes they just keep getting worse no matter how long you wait.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »
Very good Dave.
Like many on H&V I'm now in the Sherwood Out camp but I doubt whether Fox will make the decision this soon. Remember that Sherwood was Fox's appointment, after a long meeting at Sherwood's home.
Adamant from the outset that he wanted to make a long-term appointment, Fox travelled to Hertfordshire to meet Sherwood at his home and after three hours of talks drove back to the Midlands convinced he had found the right man to re-energise Villa and galvanise a group of players whose confidence was shot to bits.
I fear that it'll be a few more weeks before Fox sacks his man - as he surely will.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal