collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The underlying problem...  (Read 25518 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: The underlying problem...
« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »
It's just like getting to host the World Cup.  You simply have to make the biggest offer to the parties concerned. You put a £10 million signing on bonus on the table and £200k  a week and a house in Barbados and you can get any manager you want.  It is no different from signing Adebayor.  In this world money buys you whatever you want. Try Klinsmann.  He would live in Nelson Street if the money was right.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #256 on: October 04, 2015, 11:34:11 AM »
Prepare for life in the championship lads. At least we can have a target then to get promotion. Could be playing Burton & Walsall next season.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #257 on: October 04, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »
Prepare for life in the championship lads. At least we can have a target then to get promotion. Could be playing Burton & Walsall next season.

And we could not be.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2015, 01:29:47 PM »
I don't we're far from a decent side, there's little glimpses there and we certainly have the players to be decent enough. All 6 defeats this season have been by 1 goal and a few have involved fine margins, Richards scores against Sunderland & Stoke, Guzan & Amavi don't brain fart at Palace and we don't fanny around with the ball at Leicester instead of a safety first hoof that ultimately led to their first, and we'd almost certainly be on 11 points.

However until we have a manager that knows his best 11 and what system and style he wants us playing, we're going to be a bit/lot aimless on the pitch. So unfortunately i'm thinking that it's Sherwood that's the problem and is holding the squad back.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:32:53 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2015, 01:40:56 PM »
I think we will go down this season. Whatever Lerner tries I think has failure written into its DNA post MON.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2015, 02:05:12 PM »
I was reading an article about Gary Mac this morning and this bit struck me...its pretty damning on Faulkner's part, but not really a surprise given the state of the club...

McAllister said, “I’ve not done the Pro Licence. I was actually doing my A Licence at Inverclyde when I got the text from Paul Faulkner at Villa telling me my services were no longer required."

Offline levico

« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2015, 03:46:05 PM »

And we could not be.

True enough. There's no guarantee that Walsall will be promoted.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal