collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The underlying problem...  (Read 25688 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: The underlying problem...
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »
Excellent question.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 09:17:16 PM »
I was going to post this in the 'get rid' thread, but thought it deserved its own platform...

We have been suffering for so long with many different sets of players, coaches, managers and CEO's. There seems to be a bigger issue here that I can neither identify or solve...

Houllier, McLeish, Lambert and now Sherwood all struggling in the Villa job - they can't all be crap...but for the life of me, I don't know what it is that is constantly holding us back, the easy answer is Lerner, but I don't see that as the root cause. Even if we got Mourinho or Ancelotti would they suffer the same fate too ? Is it the lack of a winning mentality or the club ethos ? Is it the fan's weight of expectation ?

Who knows...any ideas ?

The only expectation I have is that some "professional" footballers show up once a week and give me something to watch. Actually winning is just a pipe dream.

I don't know what is wrong, but it's just so sad and pathetic now. I really thought we'd have the talent to wriggle ourselves out of the relegation scrap this year but that seems to be the case every offseason.

I can't see any way out unless some uber-rich foreigner just buys us some stability. Let's be honest, while we may be of large(r) stature, we're lucky to still be in the league. Meanwhile, Palace, Swans, Leicester and West Ham are seemingly LIGHT YEARS ahead of us.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 09:29:13 PM »

I can't see any way out unless some uber-rich foreigner just buys us some stability. Let's be honest, while we may be of large(r) stature, we're lucky to still be in the league. Meanwhile, Palace, Swans, Leicester and West Ham are seemingly LIGHT YEARS ahead of us.

...and how Gold & Sullivan can do that but we can't makes it criminal.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 09:33:16 PM »
I am very disappointed that they did not follow through with getting an experienced director of football. One of them could really help Sherwood and also set a strategic footballing direction for the club. Les Reed does it brilliantly at Southampton. We need something like that to see any progress.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »
This part of the year was always going to be open season for negativity. Enjoy it while it lasts you miserablists.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 10:04:35 PM »
is doug not at a bit of a loose end silhill?
Cheap joke. Doug is fine but frail and old but still makes most games and should have some respect for that.
I'm talking more the Sid's, KMac's , Even your Kenny Swains .
Sadly we don't have a great footballing dynasty to call upon as your liverpool and Yaniteds do. But employing chancers like sherwood leaves me feeling cold.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 10:08:07 PM »
This part of the year was always going to be open season for negativity. Enjoy it while it lasts you miserablists.
This ongoing never ending struggle is not being enjoyed by anybody is it? I was optimistic 6 weeks ago but it's evaporated now.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 10:17:54 PM »
This ongoing never ending struggle is not being enjoyed by anybody is it? I was optimistic 6 weeks ago but it's evaporated now.

The table doesn't look very good but Sherwood is right in saying we've been unfortunate.
How many goals have been down to individual, inexplicable errors. How many deflections?

We could just as easily have nine more points on the table.... What if Ayew had scored when he came on against Leicester?

Small margins.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 10:20:36 PM »
Silly short sighted post.
We've had 5 years of this blight .

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 11:00:50 PM »
...having Americans running your football club for a start. The fuckwits just love a bullshitter. Randy gobbled up all of MON's 'I'll get you in the Champions League Randy! Just give me a shitload of cash to buy Nigel Reo Coker/Emile Heskey/Curtis Davies' (and any of the other shit English players we paid massively over the odds for. just so we could leave them on the bench). Now Randy doesn't really give a toss after MON and the Financial Crisis took him to the cleaners, we've now got Fox in charge and making the decisions...Enter bullshit artist number 2, I bet Timmeh! is great at giving all that positive thinking nonsense, Americans love all that shit, that's why they thought they could invade a country torn by religious divide, without a post invasion plan, and run it with just a few thousand technocrats, the promise of democracy, and a fucking Burger King, the wankers.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:03:58 PM by Ormy Droid »

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 11:06:11 PM »
...having Americans running your football club for a start. The fuckwits just love a bullshitter. Randy gobbled up all of MON's 'I'll get you in the Champions League Randy! Just give me a shitload of cash to buy Nigel Reo Coker/Emile Heskey/Curtis Davies' (and any of the other shit English players we paid massively over the odds for. just so we could leave them on the bench). Now Randy doesn't really give a toss after MON and the Financial Crisis took him to the cleaners, we've now got Fox in charge and making the decisions...Enter bullshit artist number 2, I bet Timmeh! is great at giving all that positive thinking nonsense, Americans love all that shit, that's why they thought they could invade a country torn by religious divide, without a post invasion plan, and run it with just a few thousand technocrats, the promise of democracy, and a fucking Burger King, the wankers.

I almost clapped then...

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 11:07:49 PM »

Can we please have less of this.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 11:10:53 PM »
Totally agree, what a load of nonsense

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 11:13:15 PM »
Totally agree, what a load of nonsense

At least he's consistent

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 11:14:54 PM »

Can we please have less of this.

But I thought the stereotyping of different religions and other nationalities was the American way?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal