collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This is the season...  (Read 171470 times)

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 10:13:43 AM »
And what if you didn't support the Villa, what would you think.

I remember feeling very pleased to have relegated Coventry. Of course them making out we were arch rivals made it much funnier but also as we relegated them at about their 9th time of asking.  They'd had it coming for years and they'd finally gone. Good riddance.

The law of averages would suggest that another relegation battle will be one too many, and the Club would've deserved it too.  We've become Coventry.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »
Looks like we'll get away with it again....Bournemouth looks like they've lost Wilson for most of this season  through injury who's their main goalscorer. They've already lost Mings and Gradel for the season, two of their major signings so incredibly unlucky.

I was struggling to think of a third team to go down other than us after the North east team so could well be them.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 02:28:42 PM »
It kind of feels like this could finally be the season that we drop, 4 points from 21 is very worrying and we really need to win the Stoke and Swansea home games to give us a point per game ratio at the 10 game mark, if we get past the Swansea game stuck on 5/6 points I will really fear for us.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 02:37:13 PM »
The way the fixtures bounced this season it's hard to ask for a more comfortable start.

Every single game on paper was winnable even Yah-nite-ed as 2nd game while Van Gaal was shuffling his pack.

We have been better to watch than last season and eveneasier to beat.

When a team clicks, in this division and especially this season anyone can beat anyone on any given day. So when I look at the fixture list Chelsea isn't any more difficult than Newcastle or Leicester. If you play well you have a chance of winning any game. That said the opposite is true, and right now we don't look to have enough over 90 minutes to beat anyone. Because at some point, despite all of the good things we might do, we will do just enough bad things to snatch any chance of defeat from the jaws of victory.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 02:38:45 PM »
And what if you didn't support the Villa, what would you think.

I remember feeling very pleased to have relegated Coventry. Of course them making out we were arch rivals made it much funnier but also as we relegated them at about their 9th time of asking.  They'd had it coming for years and they'd finally gone. Good riddance.

The law of averages would suggest that another relegation battle will be one too many, and the Club would've deserved it too.  We've become Coventry.

My brother ( who is a West Ham fan ) and I have had a bet for years, tenner on who finishes higher and a tenner on the aggregate scores of our games. I never lost this bet for years and years, the odd time we both won a tenner, but I usually would win 20 quid. I haven't won this bet outright for a while now, so in my mind we have fallen behind West Ham, which is a really depressing thought.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »
If he carries on with ridiculous team selections and awful substitutions with weird tactics .

Of course.

But we have some good players and should survive just .

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 05:03:59 PM »
Its too early to say given that Sherwood could be sacked and there is another transfer window.

However if things remain as they are it would appear inevitable,

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »
How long before we start getting labelled as 'perennial strugglers' whenever we're described in the media?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2015, 05:39:03 PM »
I thought we already were, media wise

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2015, 05:48:52 PM »
I don't think we will go down I'm staying half glass full once the players bed in we will be ok.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »
If we get above 30 points I will be stunned quite frankly

Online Stu82

• GM : 29.09.2024
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »
I am an optismist, and think there are several positives, despite the grim league position and up coming games.

Stronger squad overall.
Better football(although strange tactics)
Losing at Leicester and to Albion was poor but we will learn from these defeats
Young exciting new additions to squad will hopefully settle soon.
TS is learning and he does have a highly rated no2 (contrast to last two years)
Grealish is getting better and will become a special player.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
I have backed us to go down each of the last four seasons early in the season with prices around 4/1 to 6/1. Always have given me a great run for my money aswell

We are currently about evens to stay up. Yes we are on a bad run and our current manager is an utter charlatan. But I firmly believe we have a much stronger group of players this term, among them many who should thrive once they settle in fully. With a decent manager I think we are a top ten side, with an anyway competent manager we would have got more points from Palace, West Brom and Sunderland.

I think we are great value at that price to stay up. Bournemouth with their injuries were at 4/1 to go down last night with ladbrokes, seem to be cut to 3/1 now. With Krusty the clown or even Tim Sherwood in charge we should finish higher than them.

Back us to stay up this term

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »
Just looking at games played and results vs corresponding fixtures last season is a major worry -

Yanited H 0-1 (1-1)
 smethwick H 0-1 (2-1)
Palace A 0-1 (1-0)
Liverpool A 2-3 (1-0)

That's a 10 point swing inside 7 games ! Worrying.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »
My worry is that we only just stopped up with Benteke and Delph in the side and we've now lost both of them (plus Cleverley/Vlaar and Given) which can only mean one thing for me I'm afraid. The raft of players we signed with the money had no premiership experience - with the exception of Lescott, who quite frankly looks past it now, that spending spree smacked of desperation, and desperate is what we are.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal