collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Poll - Sherwood - got rid  (Read 368824 times)

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Poll - Sherwood - got rid
« Reply #3720 on: October 25, 2015, 05:44:25 PM »
You cared enough to reply  ;)

Ok i have a soft spot for you.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #3721 on: October 25, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
I think it's important to remember, we really don't know too much about what went on behind closed doors. We probably never will, but in TS short reign in charge there were some real highlights. I wanted him to succeed because he came in, said the right things and gave me hope. We played well for a little golden spell, just with the way things panned out we ended up with a team with no personality, no character. Too much changed too quickly and he ended up not knowing who to play where.  That's not an indictment of the quality of the squad, more the fact that we were probably one midfield general off being lower middle table. The rest would have fallen into place.
He will learn from his mistakes and be a better manager but if things are as rotten behind the scenes as some say they are you can't blame him for trying to defend himself.
This fan site is not always a true reflection of the greater opinion and sometimes opinions snowball.
It was quite telling that even against Swansea the holte was singing his name, I think most would have preferred for him to succeed and be here for a few years.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3722 on: October 25, 2015, 06:04:01 PM »
mattjpa, I think its fair to say there was not that much anger at Sherwood from most fans. Just a tired recognition a manager appointment had gone wrong again.

I certainly am not going to deflect blame away from him though. he could hav ebene backed more I suppose but the players we bought this summer really are pretty good and TS had final say on each signing (as he told us) so really its on him.

I have no beef with him either, I just hope we can recover from the situation he has got us into.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3723 on: October 25, 2015, 06:05:54 PM »
I think most would have preferred for him to succeed and be here for a few years.

I don't know about most, I'm pretty sure that everybody would have preferred for him to succeed.

It was just never going to happen in a million years.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3724 on: October 25, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »
As this thread was to discuss whether or not Sherwood should be sacked and he now has been, we might as well keep all the fallout chat to the other Sherwood thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal