collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Poll - Sherwood - got rid  (Read 368884 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Poll - Sherwood - get rid?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 06:17:10 PM »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »
Really everyone? We want our new manager out in September? September. Come on. Thats Newcastlesque.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 06:18:13 PM »
I think there is a decent team in there somewhere but he isn't finding it. Worrying team selections and substitutions too. If you are trying to build on the midweek win why leave out two players, Veretout and Ayew who played very well?
He seems to have backtracked on last seasons claim that if we survived we wouldn't be in another relegation scrap. Now he is saying if we survive THIS year then we will improve.
I would give a few more games, if he doesn't get results then make a swift change.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 06:18:59 PM »
Please stop mentioning Klop as it won't hapoen.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 06:19:19 PM »
Still early days, and no team is relegated in September. Besides, which decent manager would manage Villa with the restrictions Lerner places on the club.
Give him till December at least.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2015, 06:19:47 PM »
I don't recall him stating any targets for this season, granted, but at no point was it stressed we'd be looking for survival alone either. Sherwood was blunt about the fact he expected us to be doing better this season.

He's got all these new players, and he's lost Benteke, which is huge. But we're not losing games because we can't score, we're losing them because of basic errors, tactical mistakes and zero confidence. That's why the give him time thing is a red herring - you give it time when you can see signs of improvement. Myself, I'm sick of waiting for it to magically 'click'.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
I'm sick of waiting too. How many times have we heard that we will be better next season, we just need to stay up this one? This bloke has 6 months experience and we are asking him to finish mid table in one of the toughest leagues in the world.... he's learning on the job and we have no idea how quickly or slowly he learns but again are expected to suck up relentless defeats and stay onside. Fuck them.

Sinclair, shite
Lescott, shite
Westwood, shite

There's capable players waiting to replace them, stop fucking around with Gabby in the team, Bacuna at fullback blah blah, the selections seriously piss me off sometimes. Ayew comes on and changes the game, spends the weekend picking his arse on the bench as we are twatted.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2015, 06:23:36 PM »
All this talk of relegation in September after pretty much assembling a new squad in the summer is ridiculous...its the kind of stupid shite I receive on text messages from gloating Baggies fans. Results haven't gone our way yet, but we've got far too many decent players at the club now to get relegated so can we please stop with this negative drivel.

Is Sherwood the right man? I'll admit that there is genuine cause for concern as he talks a much better game than what we're seeing on the pitch. I'm literally holding onto the memories of the excellent football we have played under TS at times and hope that can develop into 90 minutes, and with Gueye and Traore now back in the squad then TS will have no excuses if results dont start drastically improving.

He needs some games with a full strength squad so I'd give him till Christmas to turn things around.
We're too good to go down? It's not just results that have not gone our way, we haven't deserved anything more than what we've got so far. This is a continuation of last season's end, just with new players. Sherwood hasn't a clue and the sooner Fox realises that the better, otherwise we have a real chance of being relegated.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »
Team for Stoke

--------- Guzan ---------

Hutton Richards Clark amavi

--- Gana -------- Sanchez --

Vertout ------------- Grealish
---- Ayew ------- Gestede ---

Online walsall villain

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »
Team for Stoke

That's the team I hoped he would play today. Looks the best combination to me.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2015, 06:26:26 PM »
Team for Stoke

Needs some passengers added, I suggest a Gabby and a Westwood, who knows it might be the one in 10 game that they perform in.

Offline KRS

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
We're in the shit, the next lot of fixtures are horrible

Stoke
Chelsea
Swansea
Spurs
Man City
Everton

Completely ballsed up the start of the season.
He needs to be getting 6pts from those games...draws or wins from the games in bold. We have to put previous results behind us from last season and this, but if he can't do that then he shouldn't be in the job.

Offline yammers

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2015, 06:32:31 PM »
Hate to say this so early in the season but I also think he needs to go. Just don't think he has it in him.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2015, 06:33:08 PM »
All this talk of relegation in September after pretty much assembling a new squad in the summer is ridiculous...its the kind of stupid shite I receive on text messages from gloating Baggies fans. Results haven't gone our way yet, but we've got far too many decent players at the club now to get relegated so can we please stop with this negative drivel.

Is Sherwood the right man? I'll admit that there is genuine cause for concern as he talks a much better game than what we're seeing on the pitch. I'm literally holding onto the memories of the excellent football we have played under TS at times and hope that can develop into 90 minutes, and with Gueye and Traore now back in the squad then TS will have no excuses if results dont start drastically improving.

He needs some games with a full strength squad so I'd give him till Christmas to turn things around.
We're too good to go down? It's not just results that have not gone our way, we haven't deserved anything more than what we've got so far. This is a continuation of last season's end, just with new players. Sherwood hasn't a clue and the sooner Fox realises that the better, otherwise we have a real chance of being relegated.

Negative drivel?

We have been awful for ages, with no sign of progress.

Nothing would please me moe than for us to on a winning run over the next 6 games, but we look tactically clueless and mentally brittle, and as such I don't see us turning it around anytime soon.

Offline KRS

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2015, 06:36:11 PM »
Did you seriously expect us to win away at Anfield today?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal