collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Inverness Villa?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline russon

Inverness Villa?
« on: September 22, 2015, 04:55:03 AM »
Long shot but anyone on here from Inverness? I'm away with work and don't think it'd be safe for me to watch the game alone if the unthinkable were to happen. Hotel will have the game on but neutrals bound to favour the underdog and it'd be just my luck for some bluenose escapee to be on the next table. It isn't obligatory for you to be 25, female, drop dead gorgeous and looking for male company for one night only but this would be taken into account.

Any other villains working away/watching the game alone unexpectedly you have my condolences but know the spirit of B6 is with us all.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Inverness Villa?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 06:44:03 AM »
Don't watch it is my advice. Vile, horrible, overrated, hatred fuelled game. Go somewhere away from the madding crowd and follow it on the match thread. I intend to take three Mogadon and have a very early night.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 07:48:49 AM »
I shall be at a Business Breakfast meeting following the game on the H & V match thread, phone in my lap.  Oh what fun!! 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 07:54:05 AM »
Long shot but anyone on here from Inverness? I'm away with work and don't think it'd be safe for me to watch the game alone if the unthinkable were to happen. Hotel will have the game on but neutrals bound to favour the underdog and it'd be just my luck for some bluenose escapee to be on the next table. It isn't obligatory for you to be 25, female, drop dead gorgeous and looking for male company for one night only but this would be taken into account.

Any other villains working away/watching the game alone unexpectedly you have my condolences but know the spirit of B6 is with us all.

Ingratiate yourself to the locals by buying a Scotland top with Hutton written on the back.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 07:56:23 AM »

If we lose I will be in Inverness with you by this time tomorrow.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »
if I wasn't going, I'd drive up myself just to keep you company

Offline peter w

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 08:53:22 AM »
Through work I've watched Villa on my todd up and down the country. You probably won't find many people out in a pub on a Tuesday night anyway. me and 3 mates are watching it in a pub not far from Victoria station. Probably be the 4 of us in there and the odd random drunk.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »
Isn't Tuesday night Students Night ? Watch the game then tag along with a freshers party then an obligatory 3am kebab and your good to go for work in 4 hours

Offline peter w

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 09:00:02 AM »
You're morphing into Quagmire.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 09:38:04 AM »
Giggity

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 09:40:38 AM »
last time I was in Inverness 10 years ago, everything shuts at 5 o'clock and nothing opens on Sunday including garages and car parks

which is actually quite nice as long as you are aware of it

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 09:45:01 AM »
I remember sitting in a pub in Ambleside on my own for the 3-0, the entire pub was laughing for the throw in goal. God, that was a depressing evening.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 09:56:07 AM »

I know Inverness very well. The game will be on in a few places I would reckon, probably the best for safeness (i.e. not so many nutters, and Inverness has it's fair share!) would be:

The Exchange which is right outside the railway station, big chain pub, decent food, loads of screens which show just about every game.

The Auctioneers on Church Street - similar pub to The Exchange, own by the same company.

The Phoenix on Academy Street (walk past The Exchange and keep going towards the end of the street). Now this would be my pub of choice for the game, and has been on several previous occasions. Superb real ale, three big screens which the barman has no problem in switching to what you want to watch within reason if you ask nice, and it's away from the usual city centre madness.

Other pubs that will probably have it on but may be a bit more lairy (although surely not too bad on a Tuesday night!) are The Keg on Baron Taylor Street (real locals pub, but I love it), The Caledonian on Bridge Street (big chain pub, but smelt a bit of pissy tramp last time I was in!) The Gellions on Bridge Street (watch out for rampant Scottish Nationalists!) and The Castle Tavern on Castle Street (great pub but at the top of a big hill!).

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 09:57:48 AM »
last time I was in Inverness 10 years ago, everything shuts at 5 o'clock and nothing opens on Sunday including garages and car parks

which is actually quite nice as long as you are aware of it

Changed a lot in ten years to be fair, even the midnight curfew that used to shut all the pubs on Saturday night has been dropped.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
Sounds like The Caledonian would be the place to get that authentic Small Heath atmosphere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal