collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Dogtanian
[Today at 02:08:07 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:05:07 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Richard
[Today at 02:03:24 PM]

[Today at 02:01:53 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by CT Villan
[Today at 01:59:17 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:59:06 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:24 PM]

[Today at 01:56:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Holte Suite  (Read 4748 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Holte Suite
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 10:06:55 PM »
Once they are all on the Working Wage it will all be fine.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 09:56:30 AM »
I don't get the rush for beer at half time. Unless you have a drink problem.

This. I can't get why people can't go an hour and a half without a beer.
There is also the odd few who stay in the Upper North bar area all through the second half presumably having loaded up before the bar shuts. They watch the match on TV of course!

Its the Villa equivalent of 60s/70s kids watching Doctor Who from behind the settee*

[*what's the difference, if there even is one, between a settee and a sofa ?] 

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 10:02:44 AM »
we got to the Holte Suite at 1.30 on Saturday, big queue to get in, one out one in rules so gave up and went to the Holte Pub. 4 bar staff in there, 4 deep at the bar. Anysmal

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 10:03:25 AM »
I find it quite strange that people choose to watch the Villa sober. I certainly haven't done that for a few decades.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 12:18:40 PM »
I find it strange that the bars are so badly run.  Do the club not realise (or care) how much money is simply walking away?  I went to Derby years ago - not long after Pride Park opened - and their bar staff started pouring pints 5 minutes before half time so they had a large bank of pints ready to go.  Whatever your thoughts on pre/during/post match drinking, this really isn't rocket science when it comes to meeting supply with demand.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »
I find it strange that the bars are so badly run.  Do the club not realise (or care) how much money is simply walking away?  I went to Derby years ago - not long after Pride Park opened - and their bar staff started pouring pints 5 minutes before half time so they had a large bank of pints ready to go.  Whatever your thoughts on pre/during/post match drinking, this really isn't rocket science when it comes to meeting supply with demand.

I remember the Reading game a few years ago ( Harewood winner? or was I pissed?) when they had staff with those jet-packs full of beer, spraying it into folks' glasses. 

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »

I remember the Reading game a few years ago ( Harewood winner? or was I pissed?) when they had staff with those jet-packs full of beer, spraying it into folks' glasses. 

They have had them at the Villa, in the holte concourse.

Offline Des Little

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 12:26:32 PM »
Apparently, we can't do that because the Council (?!) won't allow us....how true this is I don't know.

Edit - I stand corrected!

Online Holte L2

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
A very good friend of mine was punched in the face in the Holte Suite at half-time whilst queuing for a pint. completely unprovoked, with witnesses.  The attacker was quickly ejected, and the police asked my friend if he wanted to press charges.

Offline LTA

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 12:32:26 PM »
I've never understood why for so many, going to the football = having to get absolutely wankered. Take Leicester last week, pools of puke in the concourse, pools of piss in the bogs as they just decide to piss up the wall. Baffling.

Just to add, that's not aimed at Des, whenever I see us away i'm amazed at the state a number of our support are in.

Even more bizarre when these same people film themselves and then upload the videos onto youtube.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 01:13:45 PM »
A very good friend of mine was punched in the face in the Holte Suite at half-time whilst queuing for a pint. completely unprovoked, with witnesses.  The attacker was quickly ejected, and the police asked my friend if he wanted to press charges.

According to the Meaning Evil two blokes were arrested in the Holte Suite for assault on Saturday? Also a 20 year old Albion fan for entering a Villa stand at the end of the game goading home fans?? I assume the latter was the Lower North?

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 01:22:38 PM »

I went to Aussie rules a few times in Oz...their system for maximising profits during break periods was outstanding - They had machines that when loaded up poured 6 pints in one go. Staff were behind a counter, using said machines to pour the 3-4 various beer/cider options and stockpiling pints onto a counter in clearly annotated sections. people queued in single file, a security man controlled flow into the drink collection area, you could get a maximum of 4 pints in one go and they then had 4 staffed checkout counters where you paid on your way out. Honestly, the whole process couldnt have taken more than 2minutes, queues included.
Granted, food, hot drinks and soft drinks were still purchased in a standard fashion from a separate area but its amazing how much quicker it moves when you havent got someone ordering 9 pints of carling in one go...

Offline Des Little

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
Even if we can't won't invest in the technology to install such pumps, the very least we should offer is an orderly queuing process, sufficient staff to cope, with specific jobs...ie. one taking the order, one fetching the beer and one taking the money.  It's painfully basic. 

I don't know but I'd guess that any aggro in the Holte Suite on Saturday was linked to the frustrations being aired over the bar.  There were arguments aplenty after the game. 

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »
I was in the Holte Suite before the game on Saturday, and gave up trying to get served after about 20 minutes, despite making eye contact with the nearest 'barman' on several occasions, and saying either, 'Yes please', or 'Pint of Carlsberg please'. Surely it's part of the job working behind a bar to be aware of who is next (though I appreciate that the Holte Suite gets busy).

Another thing.....why are drinks more expensive at half-time? Is it because it's season ticket holders only before the game? If that's the case, then why are we charged to get in?

Another moan......cans of Tetley (440ml) for £3.80?????? They had cans of Carlsberg Export for sale at the Man U game for £4.00 each......disgraceful.

It's about time that they employed more staff (who spend less time chatting to each other) and reduced the prices....
Four cans of Carlsberg Export (440ml) at my local Bargain Booze are £2.99, yet the club wanted £4 for one can? I totally understand that they have to make a decent sized profit, but that's just taking the piss.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
I was in there before the game and we waited around 3-5 minutes to get served each time. Maybe we were lucky.

It is pricey in there but the answer to that is not to go in if you consider it too much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal