collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 386048 times)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: International Rugby
« Reply #2205 on: February 16, 2018, 04:25:52 PM »
This isn't a dig at Tom, just a general moan. I do wish some of the bitter Welsh fuckers that I would class as proper friends would let it go. I am still getting "it isn't fair, isn't it" text messages now.

Don't expect those to stop any time soon.  Many fans are only just about getting over Andy Haden's dive in 1978.

The penalty according to the referee was given for an infringement on Oliver and nothing to do with the Haden dive. There's some great accounts of that game & some great footage, Wales led 10-0 at one point.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2206 on: February 16, 2018, 04:36:59 PM »
That's something that's bugged me throughout the first two rounds, and on the odd occasions I've watched Super Rugby. It seems the refs barely bother to penalise a forward pass these days unless it's something Tom Brady and his ilk would be proud of. I'm all for a flowing game, but rules are rules...

laws are laws  ;)

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2207 on: February 16, 2018, 06:09:06 PM »
This isn't a dig at Tom, just a general moan. I do wish some of the bitter Welsh fuckers that I would class as proper friends would let it go. I am still getting "it isn't fair, isn't it" text messages now.

Don't expect those to stop any time soon.  Many fans are only just about getting over Andy Haden's dive in 1978.

The penalty according to the referee was given for an infringement on Oliver and nothing to do with the Haden dive. There's some great accounts of that game & some great footage, Wales led 10-0 at one point.

Another footnote about that game -  Brian McKechnie was sub for New Zealand in that game and kicked the penalty that resulted from that controversial incident.  He was a dual international and a few years later it was him who faced the infamous underarm delivery batting against Australia.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013

Offline nigel

« Reply #2209 on: February 17, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2210 on: February 22, 2018, 06:30:48 AM »
Big weekend, I fancy Wales to beat Ireland especially with Biggar back in the side, can’t see it being a classic more of an aerial bombardment from both sides.

Can’t see anything other than a reasonably comfortable win for England, obviously Laidlaw will win the most chatty man award, I wonder if he ever shuts up?

Italy to get hammered again.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2211 on: February 22, 2018, 06:46:54 AM »
I think Scotland away will be very tough.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2212 on: February 22, 2018, 07:02:52 AM »
It will, I think how England start will be key, they’ve been off to flyers the first 2 games and it’s down to Scotland to respond at home.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2213 on: February 22, 2018, 10:48:46 AM »
It will, I think how England start will be key, they’ve been off to flyers the first 2 games and it’s down to Scotland to respond at home.

Not sure it will be that uncomfortable for England to be honest.  I can see England dominating the set piece and up front, starving the Scots of any good ball.  England by a couple of scores.   

Online taylorsworkrate

« Reply #2214 on: February 22, 2018, 05:16:12 PM »

Not sure it will be that uncomfortable for England to be honest.  I can see England dominating the set piece and up front, starving the Scots of any good ball.  England by a couple of scores.   

That's how I see it going. Our pack should be too strong for Scotland, and the line speed of the defence should suffocate them. We'll need to be below par for Scotland to get close.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2215 on: February 22, 2018, 06:20:47 PM »
I think Scotland at home have shown they can be very good. We’re also looking a bit plodding at the moment, we need to up our game.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2216 on: February 22, 2018, 07:47:26 PM »
England by 10+ at the weekend. I think the Irish will win as well. So should be a Grand Slam shoot out at Twickenham as long as we don't catch the French on a mad good day.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2217 on: February 23, 2018, 01:35:02 PM »
England by 10+ at the weekend. I think the Irish will win as well. So should be a Grand Slam shoot out at Twickenham as long as we don't catch the French on a mad good day.

That hasn’t happened in about 15 years and won’t happen this year either.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2218 on: February 23, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »

The last match shoot out or us sticking a few on them up there? We Won by 20 three or four years ago. And if the Irish win tomorrow I would fancy them to beat the jocks at home in the next game.

Offline nigel

« Reply #2219 on: February 23, 2018, 06:00:13 PM »

8 times in the last 15 years, Jon.
I agree, though, this year could be a close one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal