collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:04:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by AV82EC
[Today at 10:04:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 10:03:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 10:01:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:01:29 PM]

Re: MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:01:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:01:03 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV84
[Today at 10:00:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 387594 times)

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: International Rugby
« Reply #2100 on: January 22, 2018, 02:29:29 AM »
Sam Simmons looks an excellent replacement for billy. He was immense, especially in the loose, for Exeter against Glasgow despite losing. I watched the game with a bunch of Exeter fans and he is becoming a bit of a talisman for the club.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2101 on: January 22, 2018, 03:48:07 PM »
He's a fantastic player and Mercer has been superb for Bath as well.  I think there's great value to be gained from being forced to give these guys their chance.

Offline nigel

« Reply #2102 on: January 22, 2018, 05:41:15 PM »
He's a fantastic player and Mercer has been superb for Bath as well.  I think there's great value to be gained from being forced to give these guys their chance.

Agree.
We went to Argentina and had to blood some inexperienced guys due to the Lions tour.
Had several injuries for the autumn internationals, too.
Both series ended well.

I think it could be the tightest 6 nations ever, with 3 or even 4 teams in with a chance.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2103 on: January 22, 2018, 06:36:26 PM »

Agree.
We went to Argentina and had to blood some inexperienced guys due to the Lions tour.
Both series ended well.

I think it could be the tightest 6 nations ever, with 3 or even 4 teams in with a chance.

Nah. We will win at home (when Jon Crofts finally gives me and Charlie a free ish ticket to one), beat the Sweaties in a close game. But I worry about the game in Paris. I still have Engand winning this comfortably after a scare in Jock land but where we mash them off the bench in the last 20. I have no concerns about home defeats. 

Online paul_e

« Reply #2104 on: January 22, 2018, 07:57:38 PM »
I think the games get tougher as it goes along this time round.  Italy should be fairly straight forward, then we have Wales who I'm always confident of beating at home, that should be 2 from 2 without too many concerns.  Then you have the 2 tough away games against Scotland and France before a potential grand slam game at home to the only side who've beaten us in 3 years, so the pressure in that will be huge.  I don't think there's much between Wales, Scotland and France though with us and the Irish a little way ahead right now.  I worry for the italians again, I think they could take a few big beatings this year.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2105 on: January 22, 2018, 08:41:59 PM »

Agree.
Both series ended well.

Nah. We will win at home (when Jon Crofts finally gives me and Charlie a free ish ticket to one), beat the Sweaties in a close game. But I worry about the game in Paris. I still have Engand winning this comfortably after a scare in Jock land but where we mash them off the bench in the last 20. I have no concerns about home defeats. 

I'll see what I can do for you in the Autumn Internationals mate, even debenture holders struggled to get additional 6N tickets this year doe to a monumental fuck up on the RFU website.

Online paul_e

« Reply #2106 on: January 22, 2018, 09:11:59 PM »
I reckon tickets fort he Japan game will be ok, and maybe SA but Australia always sells out quick.  NZ is probably the biggest international match (outside a world cup final) for 20 years or more, that's going to sell out very quickly and if tickets go up on third party sites they'll be well in the thousands, it's genuinely mouth-watering, the first meeting between us in 4 years and with England pushing hard to take top spot in the rankings.  I'm already excited for that one, it's either going to be a 'where were you' game (regardless who wins) or 80 minutes of defence and territory with both teams shit scared to attack and my money is on the former.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2107 on: January 23, 2018, 08:18:01 AM »
I reckon tickets fort he Japan game will be ok, and maybe SA but Australia always sells out quick.  NZ is probably the biggest international match (outside a world cup final) for 20 years or more, that's going to sell out very quickly and if tickets go up on third party sites they'll be well in the thousands, it's genuinely mouth-watering, the first meeting between us in 4 years and with England pushing hard to take top spot in the rankings.  I'm already excited for that one, it's either going to be a 'where were you' game (regardless who wins) or 80 minutes of defence and territory with both teams shit scared to attack and my money is on the former.

You'd be surprised what sells out, for the past few years Autumn Internationals Oz & SA tickets were easily obtained through ballots, ERSC & clubs, NZ game packages are already on sale via RFU appointed agents, I very much doubt more than 2 or 3 thousand tickets will make it to English rugby clubs for the NZ game meaning there will be next to nil available to ERSC members or the public unless you're willing to pay £1000 for a £90 ticket.

Online paul_e

« Reply #2108 on: January 23, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »
I knew how odd the sales can be, I just think the inclusion of NZ this time means that the other games might not see such a clamour.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2109 on: January 23, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »

Agree.
Both series ended well.

I'll see what I can do for you in the Autumn Internationals mate, even debenture holders struggled to get additional 6N tickets this year doe to a monumental fuck up on the RFU website.

I was only joking Jon. Although Charlie is dead keen on a trip to HQ.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2110 on: January 24, 2018, 02:20:10 PM »

Agree.
Both series ended well.

I was only joking Jon. Although Charlie is dead keen on a trip to HQ.

Let me know what you're after in good time & I'll see what I can do.

Online usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #2111 on: January 24, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »
Good news for US based folks, NBC Sports are showing the 6 nations this year.  They've been ramping up the rugby coverage over the last year or two showing Premiership games, but this is really great!

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2112 on: January 29, 2018, 08:44:06 AM »
So Round 1 predictions ladies & gents if you please............

Wales v Scotland Saturday at 2:15 too close to call for me, if I had to pick a winner, a very close win for Scotland.

France v Ireland Saturday 17:45 another close one, Ireland by 6.

Italy v England Sunday 15:00 England by 20. I'll wave at you on the telly box.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #2113 on: January 29, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »
Wales 2 sets to one

France on a penalty shootout after extra time

England by an innings and 27 runs

Online paul_e

« Reply #2114 on: January 29, 2018, 11:12:15 AM »
This is a strange week where the away sides are the better teams but in 2 cases things are close enough that home advantage might be significant.

England will win comfortably, I'd agree that a 20+ bet on this one looks safe.

Scotland will take the points because of the inexperience in the Welsh backs.

I think Ireland will win but I wouldn't bet on it, the worst thing is i can't even say that I think it will be close because no result up to 10-12 points either way would surprise me, both teams can score from nothing so I'm just going to call it as the best game of that round and leave it at that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal