collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by paul_e
[Today at 11:40:14 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 11:35:16 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:50:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The who are we actually going to beat in the next few months thread?  (Read 16629 times)

Offline levico

Re: The who are we actually going to beat in the next few months thread?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »
Doesn't take a rocket scientist , Benteke has kept us up for 3 seasons more or less single handedly and we've replaced him with Ayew & Gestede.
We are in a whole ocean of trouble. Needed to sign Charlie Austin.

Totally agree. I honestly can see us only getting one point out of the next 6 games (Stoke?) and by then the losing culture will have taken a stranglehold. Too early to panic but I can feel it welling up.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 05:51:32 PM »
Stoke is a massive game now, we really need to be going into the international break with a win otherwise with Chelsea away straight after we will start getting adrift with Sunderland and Newcastle.

Trouble is....we've beaten them once at VP since they've been promoted. First win today so think they'll start to pull away now so I don't really see them being anywhere near down there come May.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »
Terminal decline as described on page 1 sums up my feelings.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 05:22:05 AM »
Well as last week proved,  at least we can beat a Championship side, so that bodes well for next season

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 01:42:23 PM »
I really don't know where it's coming from at the moment. We couldn't even beat fuckering Sunderland at home, probably the easiest game of the season.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
Simply have to beat Stoke, with Chelsea away coming up after that, we can't afford to be sat on 4 or 5 points after 9 games of the season.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 06:57:47 PM »
I really don't know where it's coming from at the moment. We couldn't even beat fuckering Sunderland at home, probably the easiest game of the season.

That's what annoyed me about the Sunderland game - I was really angry at full time. I know it was too early to talk about "must win matches" but that was a game we needed to win as it offered a better chance of 3 points than most other games this season.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2015, 05:41:04 PM »
It's telling that we've beaten more lower league sides than Premiership sides this season, that statistic speaks for itself for me, they are about our level at the moment. As for sides we can beat, the most worrying performance of all for me was Sunderland, whipping boys of the division, we drop Points against them AT HOME and concede two goals as well. If we can't beat a side like that......

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »
Sorry guys we're not good enough at premier league level anymore, the facts and stats speak for themselves.

We couldn't beat Sunderland at home who everyone else is beating comfortably at home, we couldn't beat WBA at home who Palace beat today and pretty much everyone else is picking off points off Liverpool apart from us.

I didn't go today but if you've seen Stoke highlights this season, pretty much every game this season Jack Butland is MOTM. Yet today it seems we only had a Gestede weak shot for 90 + minutes.

Just not good enough, I started worrying a bit after the Sunderland game but though it was certain we'd get in a new striker on deadline day. We just look weak all over the pitch, at least last season we had some decent quality in the team like Vlaar, Wealth and Benteke who you knew for 5 game spells could turn it on and win games for us, I just can't see players in the team now making that same impact.

As for this thread...I'll call it home to Watford on November 28th....under Sam Allardyce.

Offline myf

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2015, 10:34:32 PM »
It's telling that we've beaten more lower league sides than Premiership sides this season, that statistic speaks for itself for me, they are about our level at the moment. As for sides we can beat, the most worrying performance of all for me was Sunderland, whipping boys of the division, we drop Points against them AT HOME and concede two goals as well. If we can't beat a side like that......

...and we scraped past those two teams. I wasnt too worried by Sunderland result as we played well and should hace won comfortably. The Leicester result was the killer. We havent recovered from that and it will set the tone for our season im afraid

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2015, 10:38:08 PM »
The title of his thread is beginning to sound a bit optimistic...

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2015, 11:15:02 PM »
I cannot see how it is possible for us to take a single point against Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City or Everton. I genuinely don't. We are so shambolic at the back, it defies logic. There is not a chance of us under this manager picking up a point from that run. And I am the most dyed in the wool and optimistic Villa fan going.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »
If any manager needs a game to save their job call Aston Villa FC. We helped Rodgers, we'll help Mourinho and no doubt we'll be a welcome boost to McLaren whenever that game is.

Offline levico

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »
I cannot see how it is possible for us to take a single point against Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City or Everton. I genuinely don't. We are so shambolic at the back, it defies logic. There is not a chance of us under this manager picking up a point from that run. And I am the most dyed in the wool and optimistic Villa fan going.

I totally agree and I don't think we'll see any response from Fox or Lerner. It's almost as if they've conditioned themselves to the inevitable, maybe we should as well.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2015, 11:32:08 PM »
A lot of people thought Lambert would ride out the season.

There was a tipping point and there will be one for Sherwood aswell.

Chelsea to me is a certain defeat despite them looking shambolic tonight and I just can't see how he'd survive if we then lost to Swansea the following week, Villa Park would be at its toxic worst for a manager.

We'll probably draw that one and muddle on not winning many games of football at all as we frequently did under Lambert.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal