collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Fan Friendly Pubs Near VP  (Read 17058 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Away Fan Friendly Pubs Near VP
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »
I met an elderly nose whilst on my holidays....He was rather courteous towards the Villa and told me that he regularly went to Blues one week and then Villa the next.
We had a good long chat about the state of Midlands football and I asked why he did not go to matches anymore....he said that at his age it was a bit of a trek from Solihull, so I asked what was the last game he went to...he took a good 5 mins to think about it and said 1956 FA Cup Final v Man City ( I think Bert Trautmann broke his neck in this game).....then he says sadly "the Blose lost" :)

still he wished the Villa all the best.

UTV
The Doc

Can't be too many Blues fans left that went to the cup final.  My Dad was a life long Villa fan and obtained a ticket for match but then couldn't get one for the our final the year later.

My dad was there. Seems to have followed a similar path to the Doc's chap, only he stuck it until the following year, then pretty much gave up on them after the semi at Hillsborough against that year's losing finalists. He's not been to a game in my lifetime, as far as I can make out.
Thank fook for that!

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2015, 05:56:40 PM »
I met an elderly nose whilst on my holidays....He was rather courteous towards the Villa and told me that he regularly went to Blues one week and then Villa the next.
We had a good long chat about the state of Midlands football and I asked why he did not go to matches anymore....he said that at his age it was a bit of a trek from Solihull, so I asked what was the last game he went to...he took a good 5 mins to think about it and said 1956 FA Cup Final v Man City ( I think Bert Trautmann broke his neck in this game).....then he says sadly "the Blose lost" :)

still he wished the Villa all the best.

UTV
The Doc

Can't be too many Blues fans left that went to the cup final.  My Dad was a life long Villa fan and obtained a ticket for match but then couldn't get one for the our final the year later.

Ha! My dad was the same, got tickets for the game in 1956, but couldn't get a ticket for Villa in '57.

In fact, Dad saw Blues, West Brom and Wolves in FA Cup Finals. He played for a local team in Smethwick that were given tickets by the FA, nobody else wanted them. Strangely, he couldn't get the tickets in '57. It was 2000 before he managed to get to see Villa in the Cup Final...what a let down that was!

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2015, 11:01:31 AM »
went in the Manor Tavern Saturday...even though they don't have any real ale I quite liked it as they have decorated the front bar with Villa stuff....I had a pint of Grolsch and that was fine too :)

UTV
The Doc

Offline conman

« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2015, 12:57:59 PM »
went in the Manor Tavern Saturday...even though they don't have any real ale I quite liked it as they have decorated the front bar with Villa stuff....I had a pint of Grolsch and that was fine too :)

UTV
The Doc

i thought it got burned down

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »

UTV
The Doc

i thought it got burned down

the fire was upstairs conman

UTV
the Doc

Offline Damo70

« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »
I remember them having all the Witton End in the mid 70's when it was terracing and uncovered, don't know how many it would have held

It was raining and they were losing, they took their shirts off and started windmilling them around their heads whilst chanting stuff in defiance, I remember as a young teenage boy being mildly impressed at the time

Celebrating bathtime .

That made me laugh. As did the thought of a bunch of noses trying to work out how to put a soaking wet shirt back on the right way round.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2024, 01:41:33 PM »
oops

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2024, 03:58:51 PM »
El Mayor isnt he the the virtuous Aljamir the starter of the villaleaks website that seems to be no longer active.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2024, 03:59:14 PM »
Double post.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2024, 06:29:25 PM »
El Mayor isnt he the the virtuous Aljamir the starter of the villaleaks website that seems to be no longer active.

Yes, that's what he posts as on SHA.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2024, 06:37:32 PM »
Apart from the Villaleaks website, I didn’t have him down as a Villa obsessive #irony

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal