collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Smithy
[Today at 11:07:31 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Risso
[Today at 11:04:59 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:02:18 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:58:42 AM]

NSWE Investment by aev
[Today at 10:58:23 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by AV82EC
[Today at 10:54:31 AM]

Champions League Contention by LeeS
[Today at 10:41:54 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 09:55:19 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Smithy
[Today at 11:07:31 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Risso
[Today at 11:04:59 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by JUAN PABLO
[Today at 11:04:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by amfy
[Today at 11:02:47 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:02:18 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:58:42 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by aev
[Today at 10:58:23 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 10:58:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tim Sherwood vs Gary Rowett  (Read 17602 times)

Offline Jimbo

Re: Tim Sherwood vs Gary Rowett
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »
Sherlock Street could well have been the inspiration behind Holmes' name, as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle once lived in Birmingham. With such literary credentials, no wonder the apes of Small Heath couldn't find it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2015, 03:45:29 PM »
You may thank me any time. It's just another reason to love them for existing.

They exaggerate the numbers that will turn up, manage to include the Villa in what they do, and they got lost in the centre of the city they all claim to live in.

DEFIANT Blues fans took to the streets in protest against the decision not to allow an open-top bus tour through Birmingham to mark the team’s Carling Cup win.

Despite fans last week claiming thousands would gather for their own unofficial celebration, only around 100 gathered in the city centre’s Victoria Square having walked there in small groups following the civic reception at St Andrew’s yesterday.

They then marched through the streets, chanting: “We’re Birmingham City, we’ll do what we want,” as bewildered shoppers looked on.

They stopped outside Aston Villa FC’s official shop on New Street, where they shouted and swore to workers inside, before heading on through Bullring shopping centre up to the Chinese Quarter and along Hurst Street.

They started to disband after getting lost and failing to find Sherlock Street, where they had planned to end their protest over Birmingham City Council’s decision not to hold a parade due to health and safety reasons.

Andrew Henry, a 21-year-old trainee social worker, of Sheldon, attached a huge Blues flag to the columns of the Council House.

“I know I am speaking on behalf of every Birmingham City FC supporter when I say I am disappointed we didn’t get an open-top bus parade,” he said.

Brendan Anderson, 46, a builder of Bartley Green, who was in Victoria Square with his son Liam, 12, added: “I can’t believe we have been denied this parade, it’s a disgrace.”

Carer Kevin Roberts, aged 45, of Yardley, said: “I think it’s appalling. The official celebration was pathetic It would have been much better to have done something last week. It’s spoilt it for me really. It’s like we never won.”

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »
You may thank me any time. It's just another reason to love them for existing.

They exaggerate the numbers that will turn up, manage to include the Villa in what they do, and they got lost in the centre of the city they all claim to live in.

DEFIANT Blues fans took to the streets in protest against the decision not to allow an open-top bus tour through Birmingham to mark the team’s Carling Cup win.

Despite fans last week claiming thousands would gather for their own unofficial celebration, only around 100 gathered in the city centre’s Victoria Square having walked there in small groups following the civic reception at St Andrew’s yesterday.

They then marched through the streets, chanting: “We’re Birmingham City, we’ll do what we want,” as bewildered shoppers looked on.

They stopped outside Aston Villa FC’s official shop on New Street, where they shouted and swore to workers inside, before heading on through Bullring shopping centre up to the Chinese Quarter and along Hurst Street.

They started to disband after getting lost and failing to find Sherlock Street, where they had planned to end their protest over Birmingham City Council’s decision not to hold a parade due to health and safety reasons.

Andrew Henry, a 21-year-old trainee social worker, of Sheldon, attached a huge Blues flag to the columns of the Council House.

“I know I am speaking on behalf of every Birmingham City FC supporter when I say I am disappointed we didn’t get an open-top bus parade,” he said.

Brendan Anderson, 46, a builder of Bartley Green, who was in Victoria Square with his son Liam, 12, added: “I can’t believe we have been denied this parade, it’s a disgrace.”

Carer Kevin Roberts, aged 45, of Yardley, said: “I think it’s appalling. The official celebration was pathetic It would have been much better to have done something last week. It’s spoilt it for me really. It’s like we never won.”

Should be stickied in 'Other Football'.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 04:57:24 PM »
'as bewildered shoppers looked on.'

I loved that line so much I had it as my signature.

Online aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »
'as bewildered shoppers looked on.'

I loved that line so much I had it as my signature.

Yep, journalism at its best.

Offline El Mayor

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 08:10:13 PM »
So the consensus is Rowett is a Villa fan. Will the bed sheets come out with 'We Want Rowett' if the unthinkable happens?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »
So the consensus is Rowett is a Villa fan. Will the bed sheets come out with 'We Want Rowett' if the unthinkable happens?

Do you know where Sherlock Street is yet?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 08:17:02 PM »

I have no doubt Rowett will be privately delighted to see his boyhood team win at his favourite ground. How does that feel?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 08:26:52 PM »

Yawn.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 08:27:14 PM »
How does it feel being so sad and obsessed with us, that you take the time to register and post on a Villa site? Your life must be like the Sty on a match day, empty.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 09:05:51 PM »
I wouldn't say it's unthinkable, big clubs often lose to minnows in the early rounds of this cup.

It's unlikely though, as your club is perennially shit.

And to turn your question on it's head, how will you lot react when you're getting tatered, and the camera pans to Rowett and he's laughing?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 09:17:17 PM »
What time will the coaches be picking you up?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »

No need. If we do want him we'll just click our fingers and he'll be out of the Sty like a bat out of hell, just like your most successful manager ever was.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2015, 09:28:07 PM »
I wouldn't say it's unthinkable, big clubs often lose to minnows in the early rounds of this cup.

It's unlikely though, as your club is perennially shit.

And to turn your question on it's head, how will you lot react when you're getting tatered, and the camera pans to Rowett and he's laughing?

If 2008 is anything to go by, they'll already be sat on their coaches behind the Witton End at that point. Safe and sound for the trip back across the city....

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2015, 10:00:26 PM »
So I am thinking of the two teams and larrrfing. Can you see their pile of shite  standing up to  Amavi, Gana, Grealish and Adama? They better  say a prayer or two in the Mosque next door before they leave the Sty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal