collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tim Sherwood vs Gary Rowett  (Read 17630 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Tim Sherwood vs Gary Rowett
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »
Welcome, Sherwood's been a pleasant surprise, I had him down as a mouthy twat who'd fill us with spurs rejects when he came in, he's still a mouthy twat but he's our mouthy twat, his signings and approach too the game have been refreshing, I haven't seen much of you lot but Rowett seems too have galvanized you, I was convinced you were fucked under Clark.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »
1) they've both done a good job so far as they inherited utter garbage.

2) in a heartbeat.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 10:38:00 PM »
I have been massively impressed with Sherwood, didn't really want him if I am being honest, but has proved me wrong so far and far more positivity around the club now. Have to say Rowett comes across as a decent bloke, he is a Villa fan after all.

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 10:54:18 PM »
Considering the predicament the scum were in, Rowett has done one hell of a job, continues to impress, brought in some new guys who seem to be doing a job.
As for whether he could cut the mustard in the prem, I'd quite like to see him have his chance, and I feel this season he will make play offs.
Timmy was not my favoured manager, in fact I disliked the mouthy bleeder when at spuds.
Since then, he has really grown on me and surprisingly like his honesty and outlook.
You can see already he has bought into the club, he has brought in some good players, his type of football is very attack minded but very exciting and will be when team is in full flow and full of confidence.
I have a very sneaky feeling that after Xmas, villa are going to be a real treat to watch.

On the downside, I think the scum may frustrate us in a few weeks time, probably a couple of months to soon, although, the Leicester, Tesco stripes and the scum on the bounce may be what unites and bonds the team.
I think the team are in for a treat over the next few games as noise levels will hit the roof at villa park, there is no other place like it when playing the scum, the signs are all there for Grealish to become the new hero.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »
No shit Sherlock (Street).
Does anyone know where Sherlock Street is?

Offline olaftab

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 11:14:31 PM »
Gary Rowett has done fantastically well for SHA so far and will probably be managing a bigger club like Coventry or Wolves soon Tim however is managing in the First Division so therefore there can be no comparison. It's apples and oranges.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 12:10:16 AM »
Must be weird to sing Shit on da Villa with a loyal Villa fan as manager. When we beat them in a couple of weeks it's win win for Rowett. That has to be shit for them knowing that.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 06:38:28 AM »

Back end of Digbeth isn't it?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2015, 07:07:29 AM »

Back end of Digbeth isn't it?

Soz if you're joking, but it's towards the bottom of Hurst Street then off to the right. The Oddfellows pub is down there, and COBS club where they have a few Mod nights. Being a Villa fan, I know this.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2015, 01:19:02 PM »
Being Villa fans we know where it is however to a brainless....

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »
Sherlock Street is often mentioned on here and I am in the dark about it - anyone able to enlighten me?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 01:29:32 PM »
I hope the Holte will give Gary Rowett a really warm welcome back to Villa Park. Considering the shit he has to work with he's done a fantastic job there but then you'd expect nothing less from a Villa man. Being the circus that they are, it's only a matter of time before he gets tired of the pointlessness of the Rags and looks for new challenges. I'd imagine there are a few bigger clubs like Derby, Boro, Bristol City or Leeds that unless they get promoted will be looking at him.

I really admire him for sticking there this season, a clear demonstration of loyalty, courage and self belief that even at a pisspot club (without a pot to piss in), he can still do the business. His team have cost just over a million and he has them so high up the table most are getting nose bleeds.

Is he potential Villa manager material? Obviously it would be his dream job and he'd give his all but right now it's far too early to say. He really needs a few years with a couple of decent clubs before we can really judge. I just hope he has the ambition to look up. Eventually the Rags will drag him down to their level. Good luck, Gary.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »
Sherlock Street is often mentioned on here and I am in the dark about it - anyone able to enlighten me?

Barry took Sarah Jane Mee up the wrong 'un down there.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »

Blues fans were pissed off about something the council had done, I cant remember what, and met in town to protest about it, they were then going to march down to Sherlock St where the particular council dept was based, however the protest broke up when they couldn't find the street. Proper Brummies team they are.

Sherlock St is where they used to hold the Bham Real Ale Festival by the way if anyone went.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:58:37 PM by PeterWithe »

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »

Blues fans were pissed off about something the council had done, I cant remember what, and met in town to protest about it, they where then going to march down to Sherlock St where the particular council dept was based, however the protest broke up when they couldn't find the street. Proper Brummies team they are.

Sherlock St is where they used to hold the Bham Real Ale Festival by the way if anyone went.

Marvellous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal