collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Waiting for the Sunderland game, the big heart of the Italian black cats  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Archie

While we are waiting for the Sunderland game, I want to share with you this story mates.
Enrico Milani, the chairman of the Italian Black Cats, went by bycicle from Paratico (near Brescia, in the North East of Italy) to Sunderland to raise funds for Nina, a small girl affected by a very rare illness for which  every day she needs continuos assistance and therapies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z7HOwF3f-Q

For the same reasons, we played for her in two occasions in tournaments with the Italian fans of the English teams (and, even if it is not important, we won both, by the way  8)!).

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Thanks for the post Archie. There is more to life than football I guess.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Fantastic well done to all involved.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
Well done Enrico and, of course, the Latin Lions

Offline robbo1874

Nice work Archie. Very classy. How did the Blues lot go...?

Offline Archie

I think they are one of the few clubs that don't have an organised fansclub in Italy. Even teams like Brentford, PNE, Notts County, Coventry, Bradford, Brighton  and many  others have  their own fansclub,  whereas the blues do not. And that's strange as  Trevor Francis played for Sampdoria 30 years ago and made a bit of advertising for them.

Offline robbo1874

Ha- I was taking the piss mate. I don't they have an organised fan club outside of small Heath do they?

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
Went to the Norway -England game in Oslo in 82 in a bar after a Norwegian guy came up to my mate who had blues shirt on he said he runs the Norwegian branch of the scum supporters club.
He told us there are 5 in it who meet up once a month and get drunk, 33 years later there is prob 4 in it now

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
Went to the Norway -England game in Oslo in 82 in a bar after a Norwegian guy came up to my mate who had blues shirt on he said he runs the Norwegian branch of the scum supporters club.
He told us there are 5 in it who meet up once a month and get drunk, 33 years later there is prob 4 in it now
I think I've mentioned before, but there's a Danish blues fan at the refinery.
He's a member of the Norwegian blues fanclub as there's too few of them over here to form a fanclub.

Anyway well done to all the fanclubs that supported this.

Offline peter w

I think they are one of the few clubs that don't have an organised fansclub in Italy. Even teams like Brentford, PNE, Notts County, Coventry, Bradford, Brighton  and many  others have  their own fansclub,  whereas the blues do not. And that's strange as  Trevor Francis played for Sampdoria 30 years ago and made a bit of advertising for them.

Well done Archie. I always looked forward to reading your posts.

But a word to the wise never mention that name again. It's usually a straight banning offence. And if it isn't it should be.

Offline Archie

Re: Waiting for the Sunderland game, the big heart of the Italian black cats
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 10:41:05 PM »
Ok Peter, I  will follow your suggestion!  ;)

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »
Guy who came up to us was called bjorn he lived in a beautiful village just outside Oslo called blommenholm at number 10 vesvelien we promised him we would go and see him the following year even though he was a nose which we did on a interail trip.
Planned it meticulously as part of the European cup trip started in Amsterdam then cologne then Oslo then onto to see friends in nice then then final trip from Marseille to Paris then Rotterdam.
Villa Union flag flying out of the carriage at every place we came to.
Carlsberg don't do European trips but if they did

Offline Laurence

• Exiled in Lancashire
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 03:55:24 PM »
What a great story, well done to Enrico and all involved.  Thanks for posting Archie, cheered me up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal