collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Joleon Lescott - GONE  (Read 225678 times)

Offline Rudy65

Re: Joleon Lescott
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
Anyone who says he's past it could perhaps come up with their own alternative, good enough to be in the team but equally happy to be third or fourth choice, and available for a couple of million.

Jonny Evans

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »
Get him on board.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 09:40:53 PM »
POTY doesn't always mean much. Beye was Newcastle's before we signed him, Ireland was once ours.

That said as long as it's only a 2 year contract, I don't mind. Decent cover, can actually score a few and his experience will be a help.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »
Anyone who says he's past it could perhaps come up with their own alternative, good enough to be in the team but equally happy to be third or fourth choice, and available for a couple of million.

Jonny Evans

Ruomured to be £6m plus a few million in add ons. No thanks, he's shit.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 09:42:42 PM »
That's for the manager to do, not those thinking he's past it. And I'm still not convinced he's good enough to be in our team.

The good old "It's not up to me to say who we should sign" reply/cliche. You're quick enough to say we shouldn't sign him, so why so shy about who we should be getting?

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 09:42:44 PM »
Good signing if it happens. 

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »

Jonny Evans

Ruomured to be £6m plus a few million in add ons. No thanks, he's shit.

Didn't realise he was that much.

I think Evans is ok at the price

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 09:46:19 PM »

Jonny Evans

I would prefer to sign a player who is moving up to Aston Villa at the end of his career, rather than a player who is moving down to Aston Villa in the middle of his career.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 09:48:25 PM »
Good signing this , welcome joleyn.

Jonny Evans is a dreadful player, £6m + £2m add ons , that is a hilariously bad idea.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »
He's 33.

Do we really need a 33 year old squad player?

Agreed. Dont see the point. He is way, way past it

I would rather us have signed Jonny Evans

If he was as past it as you claim he wouldn't be plying his trade in the PL still. Let's not forget he was player of the year at Albion last season as well.
Plus it's good to have some experience in team as well.

Not sure POTY at Albion is any indication of how good he is.classy player at his peak but not now

'Plying his trade'? I think being under a big contract is the reason he is still in the prem.

Daft signing. Similar to Joe cole, rich, injury prone and past it

this

hardly one for the future a bit like 'senderos will be a good signing if he can stay fit' a bit like if nzogbia regains his one good half season form, a bit like joe cole can do a job, a bit like if jermaine jenas doesnt get injured

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »
He's 33.

Do we really need a 33 year old squad player?

Agreed. Dont see the point. He is way, way past it

I would rather us have signed Jonny Evans

If he was as past it as you claim he wouldn't be plying his trade in the PL still. Let's not forget he was player of the year at Albion last season as well.
Plus it's good to have some experience in team as well.

Not sure POTY at Albion is any indication of how good he is.classy player at his peak but not now

'Plying his trade'? I think being under a big contract is the reason he is still in the prem.

Daft signing. Similar to Joe cole, rich, injury prone and past it

this

hardly one for the future a bit like 'senderos will be a good signing if he can stay fit' a bit like if nzogbia regains his one good half season form, a bit like joe cole can do a job, a bit like if jermaine jenas doesnt get injured

No-one has said 'if' so it's not like any of those at all. It's not one for the future, it's one for now. It's an experienced head in a young squad for a relative pittance.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »
That's for the manager to do, not those thinking he's past it. And I'm still not convinced he's good enough to be in our team.

The good old "It's not up to me to say who we should sign" reply/cliche. You're quick enough to say we shouldn't sign him, so why so shy about who we should be getting?
You started with the clichés. I just have a different opinion. One that I'm entitled to, as is everyone else theirs.

As for your question, I suspect that we are already sufficiently stronger at the back than we were last season. I don't see Lescott as an improvement.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 09:59:49 PM »
Our defence has been shite for years . Lescott will improve things and he will be a first choice player. Anyone doubting that hasn't been paying attention.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »
I have a funny feeling he's going to move Richards to right back to accommodate him.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 10:05:26 PM »

We have one 'has been' in the squad in Senderos. Why sign another?

If we want experience why not get Evans in. Another £4m is nothing in comparison for a player who is younger, experienced and will have a resale value.

What about Jason Denayer?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal