collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where in Rowley or Brum is showing tonights game?  (Read 3636 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Where in Rowley or Brum is showing tonights game?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
Buy him one of those giant gobstoppers that last for yonks instead. Actually, do they still make those?

Indeed they do PWS spotted some in Bourton on the Water last week!

Probably cost about five quid a time from some artisan sweet shop in the Cotswolds

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »
Love the ticket prices for tonights game.  Being on a limited budget at mo' and travelling up from Bristol - tonights prices makes it very affordable, tho both my daughters will want to visit club shop so that makes me a little nervous!

I think the prices are overcharged. £10 for adults at most to see us play Notts County is reasonable.

I got tickets for this Saturday and was going to go tonight, but I couldn't see anything less than £15.

£37 against Sunderland was bad enough, but I hope to see our first team (or what's approaching our first team) in action.

I agree, the tickets are priced too high for this. I was going to go but I'm not paying that for the League Cup 2nd Round vs Notts County.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 02:23:28 PM »
desperately disappointed that a family meal is falling on tonight as I was hoping to get to VP. The meal will finish at 7.30 so id be able to make it home for kick off. Not asking for streams or links to streams but does anyone think this will be locatable on the internet?
Im going to be rushing the mrs out of the restaurant door, driving like Lewis Hamilton and then making the mrs put the littl'un to bed while I load up the laptop and swear madly at the screen as I try to locate the advert closing buttons without clicking those pretend links that take you to Russian horny girl sites.

An argument will definately ensue-however I just wont bother if the consensus is it will be in vain...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »
How is £12 too much? Again, it's cheaper than a Conference game so I don't get the complaints.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
It'll never be cheap enough for some folks.  If it was a tenner some will say it should be a fiver etc etc

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
How is £12 too much? Again, it's cheaper than a Conference game so I don't get the complaints.

That's only £2 more than Tooting and Mitcham another 4 divisions below the Conference.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »

That's only £2 more than Tooting and Mitcham another 4 divisions below the Conference.

I used to watch T&M when I lived in Tooting and when they played at Sandy Lane ( which, triv fans, was the ground used as the backdrop in Danny Baker's Match of the 70s series)

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
The sort of humor you would expect from a breezeblock
I wasn't joking old lad.  For less than the cost of four pints in the pub you can actually go along and support the club and see the game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:45:34 PM by Breezeblock »

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »
The sort of humor you would expect from a breezeblock
I wasn't joking old lad.  For less than the cost of four pints in the pub you can actually go along and support the club and see the game.

This! I'll be leaving Machester in half an hour and travelling down.  Must be mad!
Haven't missed a home cup game in 21 years!

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »
desperately disappointed that a family meal is falling on tonight as I was hoping to get to VP. The meal will finish at 7.30 so id be able to make it home for kick off. Not asking for streams or links to streams but does anyone think this will be locatable on the internet?
Im going to be rushing the mrs out of the restaurant door, driving like Lewis Hamilton and then making the mrs put the littl'un to bed while I load up the laptop and swear madly at the screen as I try to locate the advert closing buttons without clicking those pretend links that take you to Russian horny girl sites.

An argument will definately ensue-however I just wont bother if the consensus is it will be in vain...

Very unlikely. The second round isn't usually shown. Last year the game vs. Leyton orient wasn't televised, however the year before the Rotherham was available. Bein sports usually do a red button service that may have the game.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 04:11:11 PM »
Average price is £15 to watch a mixture of first-team and squad Premier League players against a League 2 side, it's very decent value. My Dad watches Macclesfield sometimes in the Conference as it's now his local team and tickets are £17-19.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 04:18:18 PM »
£32 for me and 3 under 18s tonight. You can't argue with that.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 05:01:08 PM »
Early rounds of the League Cup aren't widely televised. It's unlikely to be on.

I'd ask for the dessert menu and order a coffee, cheese board, maybe even a glass of port and a nice cigar...show the Mrs a good night out (and keep refreshing the match thread on your phone watching everyone moan about the radio coverage).

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2015, 12:18:26 AM »
I think it's fair to say we got value for money tonight! Not often you can say that over the last 4 years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal