collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Transfer Window - Satisfied or Not?  (Read 23411 times)

Offline warleyboy

Transfer Window - Satisfied or Not?
« on: August 16, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »
It has been an amazing window, I cannot remember the last time I have been so happy with my beloved club.
But, if this was it, no more players to be brought in, is it enough to get us through the season.

I'm going to have to say no, I really feel, we need a RB and hoping TS has someone in mind.
I feel with Gil and Grealish to come back we will be match all over the park for most teams, I just see the RB spot as a weak link.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Transfer Window - Satisfied or Not?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »
We need another forward. Then I'll be satisfied (depending on who it is, obviously).

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 11:53:18 AM »
Surely it is a question to ask after it closes and even then it's premature. If this side gels and comes together we can look back and say it was exactly what was needed. Hopefully that's the case, but it is way too early to make a call either way.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 11:55:35 AM »
I think we're a top class forward away from having a very decent squad.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 12:01:41 PM »
I'll answer in 2 weeks time.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 12:04:06 PM »
Right Back & Centre Forward please

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
Even if we don't sign another player it's been better than I ever expected it to be

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
Two posts above sum it up for me.  Good window as it is, but still could ideally do with a top class RB and forward.  And i am sure the money must be there if any become available.  Not only did we get the Delph and Benteke money, but we must have stripped a hell of a lot of the wage bill with them, and Vlaar, Bent, Weimann and Given going.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 12:20:37 PM »
Obviously way too soon to be judging the players themselves as most of them are new to the PL. However Richards already looks at least as good as Vlaar on a good day, Amavi looks a real find, Guye and Gestede promising.  In terms of intent and approach it's the most promising window for quite some time.    However as yet I'd say not quite enough to really impress me, and I'd hope it's not quite over. The club have reinvested the 45m or so funds brought in from sales - but only about about 3-4m on top of that.   I'd say we still need a Right back in the mould of Amavi, another solid experienced centre back, a keeper to put pressure on or upgrade Guzan, and maybe a proven goalscorer.  I still think Adebayor could do a job on loan if Levy isn't going to be too much of a twat over the finances. With the huge TV money at stake next year I'd hope to see net spend of at least 20m-25m to aim for a really solid all round squad.           

Offline Madferret62

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 12:23:36 PM »
Undecided. Villa have become like a teenager in possession of both birthday and xmas money and cannot wait to spend it, far too earlxy to tell whether all this quantity will deliver on quality.

Offline ez

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 12:38:03 PM »
Time will tell. It will be a good window as long as the new players are better than what we had. Shouldn't be difficult.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »
Cant understand the clamour for another forward.

Sherwood got it badly wrong pairing Gabby and Ayew up front together but that shouldnt mean we go off and spend more money on forward players.

A coherent plan re how to get the best out of the players we do have would be far more valuable.

Gestede will be our main striker and he should have three supporting him.

For the central striker we have Gestede with Ayew, Gabby, Kozak as options

For the supporting forward roles we have Traore, Gil, Grealish, Sinclair, Gabby, Ayew and at a stretch Cole, Richardson and Nzog

So unless we can start shifting some of these in the next two weeks then I dont think we need to be adding more in these positions.

Midfield we look a bit tighter, looks as if 2 from 3 of Westwood, Sanchez and Gueye will always play.

Richardson may be an option here but not a great one lets be honest, dont think its going to happen for Gary Gardner.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 01:17:07 PM »
Put a bid in for Berahino - if we can sign him it'll have been a great window. Still need another forward.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 01:37:38 PM »
A forward, right back and possibly a centre half are required, but I'm happy overall.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 02:02:25 PM »
What is "a good window" ? I keep seeing this phrase but can't quite understand how a window can be described as good if the players purchsed have yet to prove whether they are any good or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal