collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tonights game & Travel  (Read 9174 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: Tonights game & Travel
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 04:39:44 PM »
and how the road from Barr Beacon to Kingstanding road toward Perry Barr will be affected ? Just let us know ;)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 04:40:22 PM »
They certainly don't like events not going to schedule.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »
I know it'll cause inconvenience for all concerned but a part of me is thinking good - now they'll see what chaos Friday night  kick-offs will cause.

They'll see what chaos it causes but will they reconsider future Friday night games?  Not a chance of that happening.

Sky could not give one monkey about what is happening on the roads.  In fact as far as they are concerned the more people who stop at home and watch it on TV the better they like it.

In fairness, I can't see any reason whatsoever why Friday games are any more likely to have traffic problems than any midweek games. They're probably less likely to be adversely affected given the fact that more people take annual leave on Fridays and lots of people leave early too.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »
Beeb

Which brain surgeon suggests M6 traffic should take a route past Villa Park when there is a full house expected tonight?

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 04:55:52 PM »
Sounds as if it has all the hallmarks of an absolute nightmare. Best of luck to all those who are going

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »
Tok me nigh on an hour to get from town to The Bartons on the bus and I left at 4. The traffic up this way is fucked with those trying to divert.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 05:31:21 PM »
Has anyone ever calculated the percentage (roughly) of people that take public transport versus cars to games?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »
I'd imagine the club do surveys on a regular basis. In fact, I'm sure I can remember filling some of them in.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2015, 05:46:27 PM »
I set off from Nam at 14:30 and have just pulled up in my regular car park at Broadway School.

I tried to be a bit too clever with my route and got snarled up. I should have just gone straight through town

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2015, 05:50:19 PM »
You can bet the dozen or so who travel from Manchester way will have had a nightmare journey with this to deal with as well:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mancunian-way-hole-closed-flooding-9858840#ICID=fb-men-main

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2015, 06:04:57 PM »
I know it'll cause inconvenience for all concerned but a part of me is thinking good - now they'll see what chaos Friday night  kick-offs will cause.

They'll see what chaos it causes but will they reconsider future Friday night games?  Not a chance of that happening.

Sky could not give one monkey about what is happening on the roads.  In fact as far as they are concerned the more people who stop at home and watch it on TV the better they like it.

In fairness, I can't see any reason whatsoever why Friday games are any more likely to have traffic problems than any midweek games. They're probably less likely to be adversely affected given the fact that more people take annual leave on Fridays and lots of people leave early too.

You don't drive, do you?

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2015, 06:14:00 PM »

Brilliant. Friday is the worst night for traffic as many people who work away from home, try to get home to spend the weekends with their families. To say it is no different, is blind beyond reality.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2015, 06:21:01 PM »
The diverted road is looking a bit better by The Bartons.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2015, 07:39:07 PM »
traffic is a fucking nightmare. i left halesowen at 530 and am only in lozells

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »
Five and a half fucking hours it took me. Fuck Friday football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal