collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets 65 and over  (Read 3803 times)

Offline spud1950

Season tickets 65 and over
« on: August 11, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »
 I reach 65 beginning of November .Fell aggrieved that I  renewed and payed full price .I was told a few have complained to the club regarding this situation over the years and have a favourable outcome .So I wrote several weeks ago and have not had any sort of reply .Has anyone else had this or  know of someone who had the same situation .In no other industry would so could senior citizens would be asked full price .Does anyone have an email address of someone to contact.Wasnt expecting a good outcome but would have thought I would have got a reply at least

Offline Confusious says

Re: Season tickets 65 and over
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »
Yes Spud, exactly the same situation for me last year. I have been season ticket holder unbroken
For over 40 years and mainly for last 25 in middle Trinity road, I have on average purchased 4 season tickets for my son & daughter and dad until he passed away. When I asked the club about a consession only to be told no consessions in my seat area.and I could move to the end near the holte. I found it a little annoying that as I had built up friendships with all the fans around me who are all enjoying reduced price consession as they were 65 before randy took over.I had to move or pay full price, so the way we were playing then I decided to move. I even wrote to Doug, to no avail
But he showed some sympathy. Keep trying with the club you never know!

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:16:35 PM »
I think the stock answer for anything ticket related is to speak to Nicola Keye. Not sure if she'd be able to do anything but I get the impression from past issues that if something can be done she'll get it done

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 02:20:55 PM »
Spud

Are you saying that you expected to be able to buy a discounted ST for the season during which you turn 65 or, as in our philosopher friend's case, are you saying that there are no discounted tickets sold in your seating area ?

Offline spud1950

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »
 I don't see why I should have to pay full price .The games before I reach 65 gladly pay the going rate .Any after should be as a senior citizen .I wrote to niky keyes have not had a reply of anykind .When the cups come round and when I buy a ticket for that it will be as over 65

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 03:57:37 PM »
While it might have been a pain, from a purely financial basis would it not have been possible just to buy tickets on a game by game basis then maybe get a half-season ticket for the latter section of the season when you will have reached pension age?

Offline spud1950

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 06:59:18 PM »
 It seems loyalty doesn't work for fans only players .A facility should be in place for these situations .Plus didn't want to break my length of service of season ticket.My friend who was 65 in july paid £235 sitting next to me mine £510 .Another friend siting behind the dug out £290 .

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 08:40:41 PM »
But your not 65 yet , no system works like that , your cannot have an annual system that varies mid month , it be chaos
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:48:28 PM by richardhubbard »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
It seems loyalty doesn't work for fans only players .A facility should be in place for these situations .Plus didn't want to break my length of service of season ticket.My friend who was 65 in july paid £235 sitting next to me mine £510 .Another friend siting behind the dug out £290 .

Check your PMs.

Offline spud1950

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 09:08:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply .My letter was posted a few weeks ago to her .I will give her a call.This must occur every year for people reaching 65 .As I said I don't expect to pay the same as somone else who is 65 before the season starts ..But don't excpect to pay the full amount either .I think I have spent enough over the years to have a little moan

Offline jeff

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »
I understand why you feel aggrieved but would you expect the club to charge a child who turned 17 in November as an adult after they turned 17?
There has to be a cut off date for a yearly renewals whenever that is there will be someone just the wrong side of it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »

Check your PMs.

By the sound of it, Douglas-Home, MacMillan, Eden.

Offline levico

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »
I've had exactly the same experience. Apparently my seat in the Doug Ellis Upper is a 'premium' seat so I pay full price. Ironically I get a discount for all away tickets.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 11:13:08 AM »
Thanks for the reply .My letter was posted a few weeks ago to her .I will give her a call.This must occur every year for people reaching 65 .As I said I don't expect to pay the same as somone else who is 65 before the season starts ..But don't excpect to pay the full amount either .I think I have spent enough over the years to have a little moan

You've had 65 years to save a bit of extra cash for season ticket.  Plus you'll now get free prescriptions and a bus pass.

You've seen us win everything there is to win and this season you'll have a prime seat to watch it start all over again.

So stop bloody moaning you old fart.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 11:24:36 AM »
Dad was the same, turned 65 in November last year but had to pay full price for his ST last season. This season he has paid the reduced price. He phoned up and moaned but said couldn't do anything about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal