collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Notts County (H) Tuesday 25.8.15 7.45pm KO Pre-Match Thread  (Read 33671 times)

Offline hipkiss92

Re: The League Cup
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
Northampton away please

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 12:47:28 PM »
Newport,  Dagenham, Fleetwood, Stevenage, Yeovil, Burton Albion or Morecambe - i.e. a team we have never faced in a competitive match.; though not many of them will survive Round 1

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »
Home to Bristol Rovers please.

Online nordenvillain

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »
Rochdale away, once they've seen off Coventry tonight.

Online Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »
Home to Bristol Rovers please.

Away to Bristol Rovers ... I live in Bristol.

Just bumped into some Bluenoses. Had the day off and had a wander around Bristol Harbourside with Mrs R and youngest son. Then headed to The Welly on Gloucester Road for a pint and a pie - cracking Bath Ales pub near the Memorial Ground.

A couple of Rovers fans drifted in, then a few Bluenoses trolled in.

Their new crest/badge is shocking - as I pointed out to one stood at the bar. A low rent fake Rangers badge is what it looks like. Is there nothing about that club and their fans that is not shoddy/downright shite?

Online FailsworthVillan

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »
Oldham away preferably but Rochdale or Bury would suffice.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 07:04:55 PM »
Oldham away preferably but Rochdale or Bury would suffice.

Yep throw Bolton and Wigan into that mix and it's a nice night out after work for those of us exiled up here.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 07:11:35 PM »
A trip to Highbury Stadium please.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »
Was right in the line of flight of Chris Nichols shot from when it left his boot to when it ended up in the net at old Trafford in 77.

Come on villa

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 07:44:58 PM »
I lived for a while near Brookmans Park where the eponymous hotel was owned by Martin Chivers. On my first visit he was working behind the bar and he was very happy to talk about the League Cup final against the Villa. Whether or not he was being kind to me on declaring I was at the time of the final  a 13 year old attending Wembley for the first time he insisted that the best team lost that day. Although disappointed the memory of that game has stayed with me only outdone by the semi- final victory over Man Utd at Villa Park, still the best match I ever attended.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 08:19:36 PM »
I lived for a while near Brookmans Park where the eponymous hotel was owned by Martin Chivers. On my first visit he was working behind the bar and he was very happy to talk about the League Cup final against the Villa. Whether or not he was being kind to me on declaring I was at the time of the final  a 13 year old attending Wembley for the first time he insisted that the best team lost that day. Although disappointed the memory of that game has stayed with me only outdone by the semi- final victory over Man Utd at Villa Park, still the best match I ever attended.
The semi vs ManU was indeed a total stormer. Looking back, I realise how privileged I was to be there.
Apart from that my best League Cup memory was the 1994 3-1 defeat of odds-on favourites, Ferguson's boys. Oh so sweet!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:51:03 AM by Mister E »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 08:28:41 PM »
Coventry away

Online FailsworthVillan

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 08:42:04 PM »
The semi vs ManU was indeed a total stormer. Looking back, I realise how privileged I was to be there.
Apart from that my best League Cup memory was the 1984 3-1 defeat of odds-on favourites, Ferguson's boys. Oh so sweet!
I missed that. I assumed we were knocked out after Everton beat us in the semi final

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 08:44:01 PM »
Apart from that my best League Cup memory was the 1984 3-1 defeat of odds-on favourites, Ferguson's boys. Oh so sweet!

I don'r remember us beating Aberdeen?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 09:03:15 PM »

It's up there with the 1887 league & cup double before the league even started and 1972 European Cup Win when we were in the 3rd division !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal