collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD 2015/16  (Read 22759 times)

Online rob_bridge

Re: MOTD 2015/16
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2015, 02:08:45 PM »
I'd be more inclined to describe it as moronic.
If he wasn't famous he'd be roundly ignored

Wrighty now saying Tim is surly. That's a good obdervation use
And speaks footballers sense
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/

Brilliant Analysis. What next - there are lots of canals in Amsterdam? It's autumn so leaves are falling from trees.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2015, 03:35:38 PM »
I think they should have a strikers corner analysis section and he and shearer can dovetail and talk about the goal scorers and the positional play, runs and things . I'm not sure when he talks about any other play he's so knowledgeable

I think they should perhaps give thought to getting people who are capable of stringing a sentence together to talk about 'stuff', Ian Wright makes Shearer sound eloquent.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »
Wright should be binned just for all that "gaffer" bollocks.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2015, 12:33:34 PM »
Before today's Chelsea game, oldwoman 'Lawro' on football focus today telling the world that the club in the predicament it's in purely because we sold Benteke and Delph.
Nothing to do with the manager.

Jenas telling the world the reason we are in the state we are because we just can't score goals.
We have scored as many as mid table Liverpool you fucking crock.

Football punditry?
It's just a license to spout lazy, fucking, shite!!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
Ian Wright is the worst ever football pundit. I thought the British media had come to their senses a few years back when they all seemed to bin him but he seems to have made a Lazarus style comeback lately and he's on everything now. Talk about dumbing down!

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2015, 12:42:43 PM »
Before today's Chelsea game, oldwoman 'Lawro' on football focus today telling the world that the club in the predicament it's in purely because we sold Benteke and Delph.

Jenas telling the world the reason we are in the state we are because we just can't score goals.

Football punditry?

From listening to them, neither has watched us play. Simplistic bollocks. But hey-ho, moaninho's got a book to sell.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2015, 01:06:07 PM »

Football punditry?

From listening to them, neither has watched us play. Simplistic bollocks. But hey-ho, moaninho's got a book to sell.

I gave up on FF a good while ago. Lazy fuppers.

I think it was a time when they interviewed Rooney sycophantic drivel asking him powder puff questions and then the pundits told us how great Rooney was at interviews nowadays. Self congratulatory crap. Oh and he isn't. Rooney is a fine footballer, certainly the best English player over the last decade but he is an appalling manifestations when placed behind a microphone

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »
Couple of years ago I had the misfortune to speak to Danny Mills. I asked the arrogant cock if he'd seen much of Villa and he said "I only do the important games at the top or the bottom". We were fourth from bottom, nice to know he did his research before he tells the world what's wrong/right about teams.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »
You lot sound surprised nobody watches or has any knowledge of Villa on the TV. Why would they?

Unless you're a Villa fan, why the fuck would you bother with us? Pure dull shite. We only watch it because it's Villa. Certainly not because it's fun.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2015, 04:19:51 PM »
You lot sound surprised nobody watches or has any knowledge of Villa on the TV. Why would they?

Unless you're a Villa fan, why the fuck would you bother with us? Pure dull shite. We only watch it because it's Villa. Certainly not because it's fun.

They get paid money for it, simple. They can watch on all sorts of time delay devices.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2015, 04:43:53 PM »

They get paid money for it, simple. They can watch on all sorts of time delay devices.

They get paid to talk about the teams the majority of the audience want to hear about. Aston Villa don't interest anyone other than Villa fans, and we have considerably less than the top teams.

We're not the only ones at all. All teams but the obvious have mundane shite talked about them.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »
Enjoy this thread while you can. It won't be around much longer.

Offline peter w

« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2015, 05:00:35 PM »
I was thinking today that the lack of watching MOTD was like when we were last in Div 2. I didn't watch MOTD then either. I didn't know new managers players and how teams set themselves up. Its the same now.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2015, 07:00:20 PM »
Hmmm, the wording of the poll on the BBC live thread leaves something to be desired.

What is your reaction to Aston Villa choosing Remi Garde as their new manager?

Choose : Remi who?

Choose : He’s highly rated in France – he’ll keep them up, no problem

Choose : That’s Villa in the Championship next season then

Choose : They should have gone for David Moyes
Vote Now

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal