collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ticket exchange  (Read 11871 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: ticket exchange
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 08:54:53 AM »
I fully understand where Malcolm is coming from.  If people want the Villa to be a big  club then it will reach out to people outside the WM area.  I am sure quite a few people decided on season tickets on the basis  if they could not get to the Friday night games  the 11am games on a Sunday morning  they could at least transfer their seat for the game.

We are living in 2015 not 1977, I may not like it but football has moved on.
exactly - bought season tickets on basis that with all of the date changes that i could sell if need be - pissed off enough that unavoidably cant go to the game (first time in 52 yrs watching villa that i have missed man u game) andcompounded by losingout on possible £80 because something that should be in place BEFORE SEASON STARTS isnt. i have missed less than 10 home games in 50 years

My suggestion is kindly give your season ticket away to a friend or maybe offer it somebody for face value of the ticket.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 04:58:48 PM »
I fully understand where Malcolm is coming from.  If people want the Villa to be a big  club then it will reach out to people outside the WM area.  I am sure quite a few people decided on season tickets on the basis  if they could not get to the Friday night games  the 11am games on a Sunday morning  they could at least transfer their seat for the game.

exactly - bought season tickets on basis that with all of the date changes that i could sell if need be - pissed off enough that unavoidably cant go to the game (first time in 52 yrs watching villa that i have missed man u game) andcompounded by losingout on possible £80 because something that should be in place BEFORE SEASON STARTS isnt. i have missed less than 10 home games in 50 years

My suggestion is kindly give your season ticket away to a friend or maybe offer it somebody for face value of the ticket.
very sensible suggestion - that is exactly what i would have done had villa not said a partner would be announced imminently  but i am out of the country until after the match and i have season cards with me so that i could register and sell my tickets .

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 05:07:13 PM »
apologies to mr woodhall for my comments and my unresearched friday facts particularly as i was at the games mentioned. I would like to blame too much sun and alcohol but lets just go with too much sun!!

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »
I can understand your frustration, but you do seem to be throwing well intentioned suggestions back in people's faces.

It sounds like there are likely takers on here and I have always found the ticket office very helpful in resolving ticketing issues. If you end up trusting someone to send you a cheque for £80 for paper tickets that you have authorised the ticket office to issue then you are still in a better position that you are now.

As it stands, if you do nothing then Sky's ownership of football will have contributed to you watching sod all but £80 going down the drain. Welcome to a not very exclusive club.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2015, 05:44:15 PM »

very sensible suggestion - that is exactly what i would have done had villa not said a partner would be announced imminently  but i am out of the country until after the match and i have season cards with me so that i could register and sell my tickets .

You can telephone the ticket office and ask them to download a paper ticket for the person you want to pass it on to. They can collect it before the game. They just need your name and postcode.

(They can cancel your season card for that game remotely)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 06:02:12 PM »
To be honest, I'm not sure why someone who's missed 10 home games in 50 years would be really buy a season ticket on the understanding that Viagogo was there.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2015, 10:01:53 PM »
apologies to mr woodhall for my comments and my unresearched friday facts particularly as i was at the games mentioned. I would like to blame too much sun and alcohol but lets just go with too much sun!!

Apology accepted. I also seem to remember a Friday night game against Middlesbrough in about 1978-79 that was shifted because of the Motor Show for some reason. We lost and Terry Cochrane ripped Gary Williams to bits.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »
To be honest, I'm not sure why someone who's missed 10 home games in 50 years would be really buy a season ticket on the understanding that Viagogo was there.
without going into detail i went for 50 yrs with my father who  passed away b4 start of last season. family circumstances have changed and i now have to finance 2 season tickets rather than one. these circumstances also mean i may have to miss more matches than  b4. i bought 2 season tickets on basis that those matches i could not attend would be financially compensated by the ticket exchange facility. i am probably not as rich as most of you posters appear to be lol!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:14:26 PM by MalcolmP »

Offline peter w

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »

Apology accepted. I also seem to remember a Friday night game against Middlesbrough in about 1978-79 that was shifted because of the Motor Show for some reason. We lost and Terry Cochrane ripped Gary Williams to bits.

2-0? remember that game well. I was sat in the directors box for that one. Was that the same season as Luton 0-2 also? maybe in the League Cup? I was in the directors box for that one also.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »
Just blame the EDL. Or the police, or. The government. Or ISIS, or the taliban, or maybe Hitler, but whatever you do, don't Blame it on the boogie.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 08:32:47 PM »
I've seen someone post something along the lines of "if you can't make a game, contact the ticket office, they will sell the ticket for you and credit you a percentage onto your Villa Cash card. This can be done until the new ticket exchange is announced". They said that's what they did last night.

Assuming it's true, it's better than nothing.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 08:44:59 PM »
I've seen someone post something along the lines of "if you can't make a game, contact the ticket office, they will sell the ticket for you and credit you a percentage onto your Villa Cash card. This can be done until the new ticket exchange is announced". They said that's what they did last night.

Assuming it's true, it's better than nothing.

I had that mentioned to me last night but I don't know if it's an official scheme or just the TO trying to be helpful.

I also found this

http://www.seatwave.com/aston-villa-fc-tickets/season

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »
Interesting, seat-wave new partner then ?.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 09:15:01 PM »
Interesting, seat-wave new partner then ?.

I just found that link thro Google, so I can't vouch for it

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 08:43:26 AM »
Latest on Pravda - http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4830873,00.html

We are currently finalising plans with a new seat exchange partner.

Details of the new partnership will be announced the week starting August 17.

This will include details of how to register your seats for sale for the forthcoming season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal