collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League predictions  (Read 5254 times)

Offline eric woolban woolban

Premier League predictions
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:56:36 PM »
1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Man Utd
4.  Liverpool
5. Man City
6. Everton
7. Saints
8. Newcastle
9. Swansea
10. Spurs
11. Villa
12. Stoke
13. Palace
14. Leicester
15. Sunderland
16. Bournemouth
17. West ham
18. Norwich
19. Albion
20. Watford

Top goalscorer: Aguero
Championship promoted : M'boro, Derby, Fulham

Champions league: Bayern Munchen

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Premier League predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:06:29 PM »
1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Arsenal
13. Aston Villa
18. Sunderland
19. Leicester
20. Watford

Top Scorer: Aguero
Up. Derby, Wolves, Middlesbrough
CL. Barcelona.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »
1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Man City
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Swansea
8. Stoke
9. Everton
10. Palace
11. Saints
12. Villa
13. Newcastle
14. Sunderland
15. Albion
16. West Ham
17. Leicester
18. Norwich
19. Bournemouth
20. Watford

Top goalscorer: Benteke
Championship promoted : Derby, Wolves, Hull

Champions league: Man United

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:10 PM »
1, Chelsea: I don't see anyone giving them much competition. Crucially, they can win matches in first gear. Their rivals don't convince me and I reckon they'll only need about 85 points to win the league, which they'll achieve quite easily.

2, Man Utd: probably likely to be the closest contender, but I think their defence isn't good enough to win the league, especially with added uncertainty over their goalkeeper.

3, Arsenal: every year, hipsters predict Arsenal will challenge for the title. Every year, they have a massive mid-season slump leading to calls for Wenger's head, before battering everybody in the last dozen or some games to easily secure a top four place. This year will be no different.

4. Man City: Aguero's brilliant, but he gets injured a lot. With Toure in decline, I think they'll fade a bit before the inevitable sacking of Pellegrini. If you spend all Summer being linked with Pogba then end up with an injured Fabian Delph as your new midfield lynchpin, I don't think you can really expect to be winning the league. And I say that as someone who rates him quite highly. Although I think he's a cock, obviously!

5. Liverpool: their signings seem pretty good. They suffered from missing Suarez and Sturridge last year, but their new midfield signings should chip in more goals than they managed last year when they had to keep picking a semi-retired Steven Gerrard. Benteke will score at least twenty goals, if he stays fit. Too soon to compete for the title though but they could conceivably end up above any of the teams I've picked to finish second-fourth.

6. Swansea: why not? Every year they seem to get better, and this year their signings look impressive. This is probably about my most outlandish prediction but I wouldn't even be amazed if they finished in the top four.

7. Tottenham: no team is as reliant on how well one player does as they are with Kane. Basically, if he does as well as last year, they could finish in the top four. If he fails, they could be mid-table. I suspect that he'll be somewhere in between and so will they as a result.

8. Stoke: they're just effective at what they do. Nowhere near as dull as they were in the days of Rory Delap spending ten minutes per game drying the ball with a towel, albeit still pretty direct. They'll be nowhere near the drop and could challenge for Europe.

9. Everton: if I was them I'd cash in on Stones and use the money to add a bit of creativity which could propel them to contention for Europe. I don't think they will though, so top six/seven will elude them. They should be way better than last season though.

10. Southampton: I'm scared to write them off too much after last year but surely you can't keep selling your best players and still doing well? I don't think they'll have enough to compete too close to the top this year, especially with the added distraction of Thursday nights abroad.

11. Newcastle: probably the most unpredictable team in the league, but I reckon they've bought well and shouldn't have to worry about the drop. They'll lose to Sunderland and beat us, as ever.

12. West Ham: I think Bilic will be under pressure to change the style radically and it'll mean they remain unconvincing in the early stages of the season, as they have been in Europe. Fancy them to finish the season well though given the desire to give the ground a good send-off. Should have too much to get involved in a relegation scrap.

13. Crystal Palace: have retained the team that exceeded expectations last year including, crucially, Bolassie. Much will depend on how well Cabaye does. He could be brilliant or disinterested. If he's anywhere near his best they should be nowhere near the drop.

14. The Villa: 17th last year and sold our best two players. So relegation certainties? Well, for once I'm cautiously optimistic. The abject surrender in the cup final covered the fact that, under Tim The Enchanter, we were generally about mid-table level. We'll miss Benteke and Delph but with the signings we've made we now have more strength in depth in every position. I just want to be safe in April and reckon we can meet that meagre target. Hoping Jordan Veretout can make a massive impact for us.

15. Bournemouth: pissed goals last season, most hilariously at St Andrews. I reckon they'll do okay, especially at their (by Premier League standards) teeny ground. Comfortably safe. They'll definitely get off to a good start as we always, and I mean always, lose away to newly-promoted teams at the start of the season.

16. West Brom: I can't see Pulis getting them relegated. They'll be able to scrap and stay up, just. Fancy Ricky Lambert to score a few in a team whose style will suit his abilities.

17. Sunderland: A big club with a big ground, but who haven't won anything for fucking ages. Seemed to be willing to splash the cash when O'Neill was there but have given up a bit since. Tend to bore people to death each year but do just enough to survive when everyone thought they might finally see the back of them. But enough about us. Sunderland will finish seventeenth.

18. Watford: I don't know any Watford players. For all I know they could be good enough to win the league. They won't though.

19. Leicester: Their end of season run was excellent, but doesn't belie the fact that they were still beyond pish up until about March. Seemed to survive purely by their ostrich-obsessed manager's anger infecting the team. I can't see Ranieri having the same effect. Hopefully all their sex tapes will remain racism-free.

20. Norwich: well, they're Norwich. Getting relegated is just a Norwich sort of thing to do.

Top scorer: Aguero

Champions League: Real Madrid
Europa League: some Spanish lot. Valencia maybe.

FA Cup: Arsenal
League Cup: Man U

Championship:
1 Middlesbrough
2 Derby
PO Winner QPR

R Huddersfield
R Rotherham
R Blackburn

League One:
1 Wigan
2 Sheff Utd
PO Winner Bradford

R Colchester
R Gillingham
R Crewe
R Blackpool

League Two:
1 Leyton Orient
2 Luton
3 Bristol R
PO Winner Portsmouth

R Accrington Stanley
R Dagenham & Redbridge

Promoted to Football League:
Forest Green
Wrexham

Scottish Prem:
1  Celtic (no shit!)
R Hamilton
R Kilmarnock

Scottish Champ:
1 Rangers
PO Winner (promoted) Falkirk
PO Winner (survive) Livingston
R Morton

Scottish League One
1 Dunfermline
R Albion Rovers
R Stenhousemuir

Scottish League Two
1 Clyde
PO Winner Stirling
R Montrose

Promoted to Scottish League:
Brora
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:29:36 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 09:29:13 PM »
^^^A good summary.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 09:31:36 PM »
Ta. I did copy and paste it from a prediction I made on another forum which I moonlight on and someone pointed out that Aguero doesn't actually get injured that much so I should probably edit the Man City bit but can't be bothered.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 09:34:11 PM »
1. ManUre
2. Chelsea
3. Man CiŁy
4.  Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Saints
8. Stoke
9. Swansea
10. Spurs
11. Villa
12. Newcastle
13. West Ham
14. Leicester
15. WBA
16. Bournemouth
17. Palace
18. Norwich
19. Sunderland
20. Watford

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »
I do think you're rather optimistic about Swansea!  I actually think they've probably already reached their high water mark. 

The top four will be the top four - although I imagine Arsenal will do their usual and finish fourth having given another side a sniff.

I think Newcastle will surprise a few people.  Mclaren is a good coach and he'll get them to the top half.

The "big" team to struggle will be Everton.  They seem to be treading water again and not convinced that Martinez has got it.  I can see him gone before the end of the season.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »
I do think you're rather optimistic about Swansea!  I actually think they've probably already reached their high water mark. 

The top four will be the top four - although I imagine Arsenal will do their usual and finish fourth having given another side a sniff.

I think Newcastle will surprise a few people.  Mclaren is a good coach and he'll get them to the top half.

The "big" team to struggle will be Everton.  They seem to be treading water again and not convinced that Martinez has got it.  I can see him gone before the end of the season.
I can't see that they'll ever be in enough trouble to sack him mid season, but he could be spending June polishing his CV.
It will be expensive to dump him. He's still got 4 years left on a five year contract.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:31 PM »
No doubt one of the newly promoted teams will fire their manager pre Xmas . I can't see Advocat lasting long either.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 10:06:28 PM »
McLaren proved last season that he may well be a good coach, but he is a poor manager. That Derby side had more firepower than anyone and despite injuries, should have walked promotion, yet he contrived to have them outside the play off places come May and got the boot. I think they will be safe enough, but no better than about 46-48 points mark if that.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 10:26:13 PM »
William Hill will give you 15m if anyone gets 1-20 right, come on Ads you can be manager/owner next season.

Can't see how Man. United are finishing above Arsenal.

Rooney, Memphis and errrrrr James Wilson going to outscore Ozil, Alexis, Giroud, Walcott, Cazorla, Ox, Wellbeck etc?

Seems they went for Sergio Ramos or bust so plenty more starts for Phil Jones this year and De Gea still might leave so Arsenal stronger at the back as it stands for me aswell.

I could seriously see Arsenal winning the league this time, not sure Chelsea have refreshed their starting 11 enough and think they might get a few injuries this year.

Going down, Norwich, Leicester and Sunderland.

Us 12th.

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:19 PM »
1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Man City
5. Saints
6. Liverpool
7. Stoke
8. Spurs
9. Palace
10. Villa
11. West Ham
12. Everton
13. Swansea
14. Bournemouth
15. Baggies
16. Newcastle
17. Leicester
18. Norwich
19. Sunderland
20. Watford

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 10:48:23 PM »
We have as much chance of winning the league as Arsenal do.

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »
Champions - Chelsea
CL spot - Arsenal, Man Utd & Man City
Us - between 11th to 14th

Top scorer - Aguero
In the mix - Costa, Benteke & Rooney

Champions League - Barcelona
Europa League - definitely not Sevilla (again)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal