collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Plaudits are due!!  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Plaudits are due!!
« on: July 31, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »
Following the recent influx of talented players I think it is about time young Mr Grace called the following individuals into his boardroom.

Mr T.Sherwood
Mr T Fox
Ms Lorna McClelland
Ms Sharon Barnhurst
Mr Paddy Reilly

to tell them .....all together now

" You've all done very well"

Ms Lorna must be on treble time the ammount of woman hours she must have put in!

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Plaudits are due!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
Hear, hear! Great window. Would be interesting to know who targeted these players.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »
They have clearly planned well and executed efficiently on all of their targets. They should absolutely be commended. Part of me does wonder what all this would have looked like had Delph and Benteke not been sold. But if they have done nothing else, and not to ignore the obvious quality of those two players, these additions have gone a long way to helping us move on.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 05:00:38 PM »
I think that the DoF needs to added also.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 05:02:26 PM »
Hear, hear! Great window. Would be interesting to know who targeted these players.

There seem to be generic TS quotes for some and more genuine ones for others, like Gestede. I wonder if that's a clue.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 05:11:55 PM »
What about Nicky Keye? She's been keeping the bastid place afloat all-decade.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

There seem to be generic TS quotes for some and more genuine ones for others, like Gestede. I wonder if that's a clue.
Good point, I noticed that with Veretout, sounded like someone on someone else's list.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 05:13:42 PM »
Randolph Lerner needs to be on that list for blowing away any theories some people had that he would just trouser the money from this summers sales.

Randy - if this is what the future is going to look like, take the club off the market and stick around.

Offline gabbythelegend

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 05:16:40 PM »
And all for a tasty 2.75 million profit so far.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 05:18:52 PM »
It's been a remarkable transfer window so far. Obviously there is a risk that it mightn't work out, but it's a calculated risk from the looks of things. Think of how low the mood was just, what, two weeks ago, to how much optimism there is around here now. Let's hope that continues through the start of the campaign, regardless of results. There may need to be a little bit of bedding in time for the players to gain an understanding, we might not see instant results.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 05:27:14 PM »
I think the club have done well to get a few players in before pre-season and a fair few more before the season starts.  Let's hope most of them turn out well.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 05:28:57 PM »
Considering he's a cheeky chappie cockerney, who likes to play up to the press and who loves to give a quote or 4, Mr Sherwood has been no less than magnificent over the last 2 weeks.

Quietly going about the business of transforming the playing staff.

Well done Tim, that's the way to do it.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 05:37:38 PM »
I think that the DoF needs to added also.

Paddy Reilly is basically our DoF in it's traditional sense. He has the ear of Fox, responsible for choosing/recommending our manager, running our scouting network and helping Sherwood rubber stamp his back room staff and player requirements. Fox appears to have a very sharp mind and knows his way around but Reilly is his football sounding board. He fact that Sherwood was a Reilly recommendation means there's great harmony behind the scenes. Bringing in the football analyst was a great move by Sherwood but despite his job title he's not a DoF.

What I like right now is we have a very good set up from the boardroom down. Everything is geared to providing the best opportunity to success where it most matters, on the pitch. Over to you, Tim. Do us proud.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:39:22 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »
One of the things I like is that we appear to have targeted players and made a move for them without any fuss, the first time any of the media has picked up on any is when we are already in negotiations.

The other great thing is that none of them were on the list compiled by footyskillz.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
Randolph Lerner needs to be on that list for blowing away any theories some people had that he would just trouser the money from this summers sales.

Randy - if this is what the future is going to look like, take the club off the market and stick around.

Agree with this. Also for finally getting a decent management team in. It's not been for the want of trying but finally we look like we have the behind the scenes stuff going on. Well in Randy. Up the Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal