collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone Getting Excited?  (Read 8786 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Anyone Getting Excited?
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »
Not one member of the media, local or national had any idea the players we were buying. They all had use linked with ex Spurs and other such shit English players. I don't give a damn about their opinion on how we'll do because they don't have the first clue.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:17:27 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2015, 07:16:39 PM »
Not one member of the media, local or media had any idea the players we were buying. They all had use linked with ex Spurs and other such shit English players. I don't give a damn about their opinion on how we'll do because they don't have the first clue.

That was what struck me about the Observer article.  It's all write-ups from the fans' perspectives, not journos.  But I guess, if you're not on forums like this all day long and get your infos from the mainstream media, you might get a different impression of the general mood amongst fans.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2015, 07:26:38 PM »
Not one member of the media, local or media had any idea the players we were buying. They all had use linked with ex Spurs and other such shit English players. I don't give a damn about their opinion on how we'll do because they don't have the first clue.

That was what struck me about the Observer article.  It's all write-ups from the fans' perspectives, not journos.  But I guess, if you're not on forums like this all day long and get your infos from the mainstream media, you might get a different impression of the general mood amongst fans.

Yeah I was surprised as well. But getting a miserable fan to write the Villa bit was probably a fair balance to the other Villa fan special Guardian ran saying we were the seasons surprise package.

Offline claretandbeer

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »
I think Sinclair could be a bit of a surprise package. He's slipped under the radar a bit, but I like him and I think he could reach double figures for league goals.
Agreed.I hope he gets a striker's role ,rather than wide midfield,as he looks a very capable finisher .

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2015, 10:54:22 PM »
Alan Smith in the Torygraph is slightly more excited than Pritchard.  16th.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11777974/Premier-League-201516-Alan-Smiths-predictions.html

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2015, 11:14:31 PM »
I fail to see how anyone can begin to forecast where we might finish if we haven't finished our squad full and replacement. I genuinely can't call it. Sign a decent centre half and it'll change people's opinions again.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2015, 11:19:28 PM »
I fail to see how anyone can begin to forecast where we might finish if we haven't finished our squad full and replacement. I genuinely can't call it. Sign a decent centre half and it'll change people's opinions again.

True but honestly peoples minds would change only if they dug a little deeper or had seen any of our new signings play. 90% of the non Villa following journos writing these predictions just see "Benteke & Delph left, that means Villa are in trouble."

Could end up being right but its also a bit lazy.

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2015, 11:21:34 PM »

I know where we can get an experienced CB
Capped 50 times by his country ( scoring 5 goals) and appearing in 3 World Cups
Has FA Cup winners medal and CL losing finalist

and he's only 30.

and he's available for free

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal