collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone Getting Excited?  (Read 8790 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Anyone Getting Excited?
« on: July 31, 2015, 04:24:17 PM »
Must admit I am probably for the first time in six years....(this is Villa excited and nothing to do with my personal life).

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
Re: Anyone Getting Excited?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 04:27:16 PM »
Yes. This is Draperman-Savo-Tayls-Super Tommy exciting.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »
Yes

Post FA Cup I wanted the entire team sold and replaced. To be fair I would have kept Delph and Big Ben given the chance.

But it wasn't to be and we badly needed this clear out to happen.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 04:31:50 PM »
Yep, I genuinly thought we'd be going down the MON route with Sherwood of tried and tested, run through walls for the manager but technically poor English players, instead were signing some of Europes highly rated youngsters... Naturally it could go all tit up but at the moment its exciting times indeed.

Offline supertom

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »
There's a definitely feeling of a clean sweep and in a good way. Much like Sir Brian of Little in 95. I don't know whether these players will work out for us, but unlike Lamberts first couple of summers, where we took a lot of lower level punts, or O Neill going for all too many aging, overpriced Premiership plodders, there's something a little more exciting about this window. The French league is a fairly decent standard with some affordable talent, and whilst we didn't have much luck with Jean Makoun the Second, or Berson, I don't think we've utilised that league, or the German league enough.

Sherwoods clearly identified where we're weak and set about making improvements on the squad. It also appears as if he's wanted to do his business quickly too.

When last season ended a lot was up in the air. It felt like we needed to shift maybe a dozen crap players, and bring in at least 8-10 decent players. It was that drastic. But having been ground and beaten down watching our club over the last 4 years most of us probably figured we'd scrimp on 4-5 underwhelming signings, probably from Spurs reserves. I'm really delighted the way the summer has panned out. Will we see an upturn in fortunes? Who knows. But I'm certainly feeling more confident about our summer than I have done for a good few years.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 04:39:27 PM »
Nine in so far with the guts of another month to go before the window closes.  Last weekend when they said that this week was going to be busy, they weren't bloody kidding!

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 04:40:20 PM »
I get the impression these players are going to have the same swagger as the manager which if nothing else will lead to some barnstorming moments this season.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 04:43:39 PM »
Yes very. We have temper our expectations because this may not all come together starting with Bournemouth. But we have so many new toys and with it options that we are going to look completely different this season. It just got so very stale and now there is an immense freshness to it all. I hope fans get behind it and get their season tickets.

"Hold on to your seats!" as a former member of this parish used to say.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:10:11 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 04:48:02 PM »
Extremely and fully agree with what Supertom says.

Can't be sure that it will definitely work as Newcastle have had several ropey moments with a similar approach but by God I wouldn't swap us trying for the world.

Definite feel of Brian Little's window this but perhaps even more exciting with the sheer number of new faces.

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 04:49:41 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 04:54:54 PM »
Nine in so far with the guts of another month to go before the window closes.  Last weekend when they said that this week was going to be busy, they weren't bloody kidding!

I fear next week that when we only sign one player I will be devastated

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 04:56:51 PM »
The Pointer Sisters!

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 05:06:41 PM »
Have to agree with TV, delighted with the signings so far but it will take time to gel so expect some good results and poor defeats early on. Hope and expect we are looking for another centre half and another striker then I expect that to be it. There is definitely something different in the air at VP with all the back room changes etc....

Offline Archie

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 05:08:38 PM »
After the FA Cup final, the Delph telenovela, the move of Benteke, the signign of Crespo and the rumours about Adebayor, a former player by all accounts, I was very depressed. But  now, with the signigns of Varetout and Gestede instead of Ade, yes, I am quite excited, we needed a bit of fresh air. I would like a new keeper too, now!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 05:09:21 PM »
Definitely shades of '95

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal