collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emmanuel Adebayor  (Read 99879 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2015, 08:59:36 AM »
At the end of the day, we don't know why the deal is being held up. I would say though that he does come across as someone who moves to wherever will pay him enough.

How does he? Pretty much every move up to Real Madrid that he made was to a more successful club. He left there because he wasn't a regular. Now, of course most of those moves will have come with a pay rise but that doesn't mean he's only in it for the money any more than Veretout is for the massive salary increase he'll have got by joining us.

If we was only in it for the money he'd make far more playing for LA Universe or Al-Oily or some such team abroad. If he signs for Villa it will be because he still feels he can deliver in one of the toughest leagues around

If it's a loan, as touted, he'll get 100% of the wages he's on at Spurs, regardless of whether Villa or Tottenham pay all or some of it. It'll be Tottenham, or quite possibly Villa, holding up the deal not Adebayor.

Correct me if i'm wrong about this but didn't he get a lot of stick at the time he moved from Arsenal to Man City because he knew he'd get more money? That's from my vague memory so I may be wrong.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2015, 09:04:33 AM »
Arsenal always claim players are "greedy" when they leave to join Man City, as they can't accept that they have slipped below them in the pecking order.

Of course, he will have got a payrise, you'd have had to have had a pretty shit agent to sign for Man City and not get one. I reckon that moving to a more successful club was his main motivation though just as it was with all the other players who've quit Arsenal for Manchester in recent years.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »

I think it was to use the wrong 'your'. Apart from that I'm not to sure either.

Wrong 'to'.

Haha. Can't believe I didn't proof read a grammar Nazi post. What a div.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2015, 09:37:08 AM »
I'm afraid that's the nature of the beast. Top players will get the best wages - look at Falcao last season at Man Utd, £300k a week - a complete waste of money. Rooney on £250k a week - so Adebayor on £100k a week is not a big issue. The Mirror reckon it's Levy playing hardball (wanker). I still think it'll happen, although West Ham may well enter the equation with Valencia injured for the longterm.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2015, 09:49:26 AM »

Wrong 'to'.
'div' Surely that is a grammatical faux-pas?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:53:25 AM by olaftab »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2015, 09:51:28 AM »
Levy is a wanker and I hope he gets stuck with ED and £100K a week burden for the rest of his contract.

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #351 on: August 01, 2015, 10:23:24 AM »
Looking at the situation so far, it looks like the Ade loan is not going to be happening.
With Berbatov possibly coming in next week, no way would we take both of them.
I can understand TS wanting a proven premier league goal scorer, but surely not the pair of them.
I am undecided at this point,  Berbatov being the utter professional, but Ade still could have that one big season in him.
I'm sure the Villa team will make the right decision.

Offline villabear

« Reply #352 on: August 01, 2015, 10:28:18 AM »
Gone a bit quiet on this one. Haggling over payment of wages and deal structure no doubt.
I can't make my mind up wether it's a good move on our part or not. If we do go for Berbatov as an alternative or as well I watched him in The Champions League and he still looked class.

Offline peter w

« Reply #353 on: August 01, 2015, 10:32:04 AM »

Wrong 'to'.
'div' Surely that is a grammatical faux-pas?

Indeed. The correct terminology is 'Joey'. As in 'you fuckin' joey'.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #354 on: August 01, 2015, 10:39:37 AM »
Arsenal always claim players are "greedy" when they leave to join Man City, as they can't accept that they have slipped below them in the pecking order.

Of course, he will have got a payrise, you'd have had to have had a pretty shit agent to sign for Man City and not get one. I reckon that moving to a more successful club was his main motivation though just as it was with all the other players who've quit Arsenal for Manchester in recent years.

Yes. Whereas Delph is different. He is greedy.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2015, 10:40:18 AM »
I'm afraid that's the nature of the beast. Top players will get the best wages - look at Falcao last season at Man Utd, £300k a week - a complete waste of money. Rooney on £250k a week - so Adebayor on £100k a week is not a big issue. .

Isn't the obvious question there whether Adebayor is still a top player, or one worthy of 100k a week?

I don't think he is. Not any more.

I am happy to have him on loan for a year but not if he's going to cost 100k a week. That's over 5m in dead money in a year, plus one assumes a player who earns significantly more than the others in the changing room.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »
I prefer "div". "Joey" sounds like an insult used by someone who has watched too much Neighbours/Home and Away. And by "too much" I mean "any".

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »

Yes. Whereas Delph is different. He is greedy.

Delph isn't just about going to Man City, though, it's all the shit that happened before that. I don't blame him for going, I'd have gone too.

All that other shit, though? What an arsehole.

You're right, though, in the wider sense, football is built on hypocrisy. We all see why players want a move elsewhere, but think differently when it is one of our players.

Offline peter w

« Reply #358 on: August 01, 2015, 10:48:21 AM »
I prefer "div". "Joey" sounds like an insult used by someone who has watched too much Neighbours/Home and Away. And by "too much" I mean "any".

This really is a kick in the bollocks offence. joey predates Neighbours/Home Away or any type Aussie soap shite. You really have let yourself down here. You div.

Anyway, div refers more to an action of a person whereas joey normally refers to a speech error.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #359 on: August 01, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »
Joey may predate the Aussie soaps but it has still been claimed by them. Partly because the word just seems to suit an Antipodeon accent. "Div" sounds way better in a Brummie dialect.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal