collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Veretout - gone  (Read 216206 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Jordan Veretout - gone
« Reply #1260 on: July 26, 2017, 11:16:53 AM »
I was gutted at the thought of him selecting Leicester ahead of us - what on earth was i thinking! He didn't even bother to flatter to deceive.

Offline NotDeLaCruz

« Reply #1261 on: July 26, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
I actually think if he'd gone to Leicester when he picked us he'd have gone on to be a very decent Premier League midfielder. It's us that's been the problem these last few years, not Gana, Veretout, Amavi etc.

I think this is definitely the case, I'd include Gil and Adama to this. Something wasn't/(maybe still isn't) right with the culture and atmosphere for new players...

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Jordan Veretout - on his way out
« Reply #1262 on: July 26, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »
In all honesty I think he could've been a very good signing but he joined when we were a basket case for a manager who didn't appear to want him or know how to use him and then last year we seemed determined to push him out on loan when we should've been trying to build a midfield around him.  Maybe he wanted away but I don't think anyone did much to stop him last year or this.

Good luck to him, I suspect he'll be another player that goes on to do well, just like Gana.

Certainly a talented player but didnt seem to have the heart or mobility to play in a centre midfield role in the top division.

Fitness could certainly be improved though and if his attitude does likewise, I think he will play at a level above where we are likely to be for next 3-5 years.

Slower pace in Italian football likely to be suit him a lot better too.

Fiorentina or play kick and rush under Bruce in the championship is an easy choice lets be honest.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1263 on: July 26, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »
In all honesty I think he could've been a very good signing but he joined when we were a basket case for a manager who didn't appear to want him or know how to use him and then last year we seemed determined to push him out on loan when we should've been trying to build a midfield around him.  Maybe he wanted away but I don't think anyone did much to stop him last year or this.

Good luck to him, I suspect he'll be another player that goes on to do well, just like Gana.

Certainly a talented player but didnt seem to have the heart or mobility to play in a centre midfield role in the top division.

Fitness could certainly be improved though and if his attitude does likewise, I think he will play at a level above where we are likely to be for next 3-5 years.

Fiorentina or play kick and rush under Bruce in the championship is an easy choice lets be honest.

The bottom line is the important bit really, if he was utterly shit as a few people on here have said he wouldn't be going to a club like that.  At some point people need to accept that the club is failing the players it buys far more often than they fail the club.  Whilst fans are happy to just boo and hiss at the next guy who comes in and isn't what they expect the club get away with wasting monry on players they don't know how to use and don't have the ability to improve.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #1264 on: July 26, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »

The bottom line is the important bit really, if he was utterly shit as a few people on here have said he wouldn't be going to a club like that.  At some point people need to accept that the club is failing the players it buys far more often than they fail the club.  Whilst fans are happy to just boo and hiss at the next guy who comes in and isn't what they expect the club get away with wasting monry on players they don't know how to use and don't have the ability to improve.

Yep. Company X bring in staff with a decent track record elsewhere on very reasonable salaries, however their roles aren't clearly defined, and they aren't particularly welcomed with open arms by other longer-standing team members. Then the manager who interviewed them for the role leaves the company, a new manager comes in and wants to bring in his own staff, demoralised staff brought in previously then leave. Company continues to lose money, blames staff saying it needs better performing employees and the high turnover continues.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1265 on: July 26, 2017, 05:56:33 PM »
Maybe his heart wasn't in it once we'd got relegated or he just didn't settle here. Some transfers don't work out for whatever reason.  He's not the first or won't be the last. At least we got the majority of our money back for him though.

Offline peter w

« Reply #1266 on: July 26, 2017, 09:06:45 PM »
I think we should just knock french midfielders on the head. In fact, all French players.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1267 on: July 26, 2017, 09:17:03 PM »
I think we should just knock french midfielders on the head. In fact, all French players.
Second, third rate French players. I can think of a few who I'd love here if we were better placed.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1268 on: July 27, 2017, 06:40:09 AM »
Indeed

There's a myth that there are loads of bargains in France - that it's an under tapped market. There aren't

But there are some sensational French players who would do or actually do brilliantly in England

Online ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1269 on: July 27, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »
Let's hope Dimitri Sea can change our luck on that front.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1270 on: July 27, 2017, 07:43:32 AM »
Indeed

There's a myth that there are loads of bargains in France - that it's an under tapped market. There aren't

But there are some sensational French players who would do or actually do brilliantly in England

It's a stepping stone for young African players.  The bargains are from this pool, rather than French players themselves. Belgium is similar.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1271 on: July 27, 2017, 08:43:01 AM »
Powder puff, gutless, invisible. I'm actually shocked he played 29 games. I didn't realise it had been that many and I can't remember any of them. He'll go down as yet another monumental waste of money but I suppose we've at least got some of that back.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #1272 on: August 25, 2017, 11:52:01 PM »
He scored a decent goal against Real Madrid in a friendly the other night

2:18mins in these highlights:

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1273 on: August 26, 2017, 12:00:57 AM »
He scored a decent goal against Real Madrid in a friendly the other night

2:18mins in these highlights:

Good luck to him.

Deserved to be able to play a better hand than he was dealt with us.

I don't think it's a huge punt to guess that he'll go on to have a better career than the likes of Henri Lansbury.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:32:06 AM by Dave »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1274 on: August 26, 2017, 11:03:35 AM »
he might well do, but I'm convinced he was never going to make an impression with us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal