collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: London Lions (the originals)  (Read 22907 times)

Offline dacvillan

Re: London Lions (the originals)
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:00 PM »
Hi just happened upon this site by accident.  Hello Alex remember me.  I'm the Dave of Nick, Dave and Clive fame.  Remember the good times well.  Also remember you sleeping on my floor in the flat in Forest Gate.  Reading all the posts brings it all back to me like yesterday.  Would be good to meet up all the old crew. 

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2015, 10:18:49 PM »
Well I still go  the match Dave.  Get more and more pass out cards as years go by. 

Normal people think  I am  quite respectable now have a profession, married etc.  You would know differently. 

Living in Liverpool.  Much different place from "our days" in the 70's.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
anyone on the train  from Liverpool Street tomorrow?

Offline georgesherwood

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
I lived in London from 1990-1992 and often went to Villa Park on the London Liner Coach. One particular weekend going we got stuck in snow on the M6 on the
way to Birmingham, slept on the coach overnight, match was called off, and took a National Express Coach back to London via Cardiff the next day. There was one
of the London Lions on the coach - although I never got his name and never saw each other again.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 01:42:37 PM »
Interesting thread.

I remember Alex (although I must confess to having referred to him as "cockeny c#%?" back then (sorry Alex)

I also remember PB Kuwait

Good memories from a golden era of watching Villa.  I bet there were some scary moments for those travelling to and from London back in those days, whether you were looking for trouble or not.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »
Interesting thread.

I remember Alex (although I must confess to having referred to him as "cockeny c#%?" back then (sorry Alex)

I also remember PB Kuwait

Good memories from a golden era of watching Villa.  I bet there were some scary moments for those travelling to and from London back in those days, whether you were looking for trouble or not.

your forgiven!

The only real hairy times were West Ham in particular although  I knew a few of their young lads from the Ilford area so got a walk over and the Cockney Reds who were proper shits.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2016, 08:25:49 PM »
Hi Alex-in fairness, I was slightly exaggerating.  I used to refer to you as "cockney" (due obviously to your cockney twang)

I'm glad it wasn't so bad for you guys back then-You strike me as guys who were not travelling up and down the country looking for bother but more like people who shared a great love and passion for something that is truly great.

I wondered what happened to you in the 80's when we won the league but now i've read that you emigrated.

I also remember cockney Dave (how could I ever forget?)  Also, Sunny Villa who I think mentioned him earlier on in the thread.

Glad to read that you're still keeping on keeping on mate.  We didn't really know each other back then but you stood out obviously because of your accent at the away games.

Sometimes I rue the day that I ever got into football, given the past 5 years or so of suffering.  Reading threads like this brings a glow to my heart and I wouldn't swap the memories for all the tea in China.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2016, 08:43:04 PM »
I rue the day I went to Preston  that sunny August afternoon - lifetime of pain ....

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2016, 10:47:32 AM »
There's a photo essay in the Guardian about an estate in Walthamstow. Photo 11 has a kid in Villa gear! https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2016/oct/26/a-red-brick-utopia-the-warner-estate-in-pictures

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2016, 05:44:42 PM »
Cockney Dave in a league of his own 😀  He used to make me laugh trying to learn the old time villa songs completely different lyrics.   Still say the icons were nick Dave c and Clive all vets from the 3rd div days   So much respect

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2016, 06:09:55 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks for sharing.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2016, 07:33:23 PM »
There's a photo essay in the Guardian about an estate in Walthamstow. Photo 11 has a kid in Villa gear! https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2016/oct/26/a-red-brick-utopia-the-warner-estate-in-pictures

i bloody loved that tracksuit

if ever there was a retro top waiting to be made

Offline the-farmer

• GM : Nov, 2013
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2016, 08:24:27 PM »

I had the pyjamas from that era, what ever nylon they were made from combined with brush nylon ? sheets meant when you got in bed you stuck like Velcro - it was awful, I didn't wear them in bed very often !
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:26:21 PM by the-farmer »

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2016, 04:02:12 AM »

I had the pyjamas from that era, what ever nylon they were made from combined with brush nylon ? sheets meant when you got in bed you stuck like Velcro - it was awful, I didn't wear them in bed very often !
I thought he was brave wearing it in what I assume to be Wet Spam country. I didn't realise he risked death from static electrocution as well.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:10:46 AM by Hillbilly »

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2016, 07:03:58 AM »
No Alex and Dave a Brummie who lived in forest gate

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal