collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Ayew - sold to Swansea  (Read 181559 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Jordan Ayew CONFIRMED
« Reply #555 on: August 02, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »
I'm still not convinced Sherwood rates Sanchez. I'd like to see Gueye and Sanchez as defensive midfielders with Veretout playing attacking midfield, two wide men/inside-forwards and a centre-forward.

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #556 on: August 02, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
I'm still not convinced Sherwood rates Sanchez. I'd like to see Gueye and Sanchez as defensive midfielders with Veretout playing attacking midfield, two wide men/inside-forwards and a centre-forward.

That is where I see us having most flexibility:

Gueye/Westwood      Sanchez/(at a push) Richardson

Gil/Ayew        Veretout/(at a push) Cole      Grealish/Sinclair/Gabby

Gestede/Kozak/Adebayor

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2015, 11:40:58 PM »

Gestede/Kozak/Adebayor

I'd hope that Gardner is the replacement in that formation rather than the 'at a push' Richardson.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #558 on: August 02, 2015, 11:42:44 PM »
I'd like to see Richardson being "pushed" to another club.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #559 on: August 03, 2015, 12:05:58 AM »

Gestede/Kozak/Adebayor

You've got Grealish in the wrong place, I'm 100% certain he'll play in the veretout/cole position, that's where his future is, he's not quick enough to play wider but he's mentally sharp enough and has the range of skills to be fantastic in a more central role.

Offline KRS

« Reply #560 on: August 03, 2015, 12:23:19 AM »
Grealish combining with the likes of Gueye, Amavi, Veretout and Ayew is something to be genuinely excited about...all confident passing and receiving the ball in tight areas, skills on the ball, pace and vision. If the players gel, we tighten up at the back and TS gets the blend right going forward then we'll be in for some highly entertaining football this season.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #561 on: August 03, 2015, 02:16:39 AM »
We're not exactly seeing ringing endorsements of Ayew are we? Gestede seems to have been the flat-track bully of the Championship last season. I hope that £15m combined for both doesn't come back to bite us.

Offline KRS

« Reply #562 on: August 03, 2015, 02:37:52 AM »
That £15m combined scored a combined 35 goals in a combined 72 appearances for their clubs last season so hopefully it wont bite us too hard. From what I've seen, both Ayew and Gestede can play a bit and they're obviously not donkeys so we'll start to see results from both once they've settled. They are both young so may need a bit of patience whilst they adapt to Premier League football, but I'd like to think that its been recognised that they must have the right temperament otherwise they wouldn't have been identified and signed in the first place.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #563 on: August 03, 2015, 03:01:27 AM »
That £15m combined scored a combined 35 goals in a combined 72 appearances for their clubs last season so hopefully it wont bite us too hard. From what I've seen, both Ayew and Gestede can play a bit and they're obviously not donkeys so we'll start to see results from both once they've settled. They are both young so may need a bit of patience whilst they adapt to Premier League football, but I'd like to think that its been recognised that they must have the right temperament otherwise they wouldn't have been identified and signed in the first place.

Gestede is 27 in October. He should be in his prime, or at least about to enter it for the next few seasons. Ayew will certainly mature and come into his own as the season progresses. I think this squad will benefit from either Adebayor or Berbatov because both players, though at the back end of their careers are naturally incredibly talented. They have both played at top clubs, and won a number of honours in the process. That's what Sherwood is trying to bring to the club. Players who can positively influence and will help change the culture.

Offline KRS

« Reply #564 on: August 03, 2015, 05:03:46 AM »
Didn't realise Gestede was that old but you're right about the need to bring in quality experienced players, and I'd like to see those additions in key positions throughout the spine of the team. TS also alluded to the need for players with a winning mentality so hopefully he has recognised that hunger in the players that we've already signed and compliment that with any experienced players over the next few weeks. 

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #565 on: August 03, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »
We're not exactly seeing ringing endorsements of Ayew are we? Gestede seems to have been the flat-track bully of the Championship last season. I hope that £15m combined for both doesn't come back to bite us.

Ayew doesn't like/want to play out wide, seeing himself more a a striker than wideman. I'd hope he saw and realises that Sinclair is also out wide but can get into goalscoring positions. I think ideally he'd like to be part of a front two as apparently he's more a poacher than leading the line type centre forward.

Very early days but let's hope it doesn't take too long for Sherwood to find a settled side with players playing in their best positions. The temptation to justify the investment by playing his signings where ever is something too many managers fall for.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #566 on: August 03, 2015, 06:32:57 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. The fact we could finish between 7-20 based on how the new lads go, with a pile of cash in our pocket for January if we need help? That works for me.

It won't be boring. We will score goals. We will get stuffed sometimes.

I genuinely believe though that this season is the start of what we thought we were getting under Lambert.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #567 on: August 03, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »
I think it feels very much Like lambert's first season. But our young and hungry approach is getting several players of the £7-10m category, and not getting the rest from division 1.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #568 on: August 04, 2015, 07:49:17 AM »
Yep.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #569 on: August 15, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »
shite at bournemouth, shite last night.

and a diver.

looks like a waste of money.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal