collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: David Scott Ticket Scam Update  (Read 23074 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: David Scott Ticket Scam Update
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »
Is there anyone more punchable than the ever so smug Rev Richard Coles?

I found him quite amusing at first, but he's bloody everywhere at the moment.  He was (maybe still is) the priest in my sister's local church in Finedon, Northants.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2015, 11:46:23 PM »
However, Only Connect is a rubbish quiz.
This is clearly one of those "Two Pints Of Lager/Fawlty Towers" things that you're just empirically wrong about (wink emoticon).

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2015, 11:47:25 PM »
Well, Class-of-82, the ruggeristas aren't always so tolerant of the anthem. When I was at school I made my debut and swansong against the Ercall Wood XV. I, as you put it, belted it out and I was the only one! I was treated like a pariah afterwards too.

Yes, I may be biased, but in my opinion Ce Ce Peniston 's You Got The Love never sounded so poignant as on that Wednesday afternoon in Shropshire in November 1993.

Shame on you.

Candi Staton did "You Got the Love", Ce Ce Peniston's hit was "Finally", which she seemingly released dozens of times in the 90s.

That's all very well, you can prove anything with facts etc. However, that day the song belonged to Ce Ce Peniston. And to me.

*folds arms*

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2015, 11:08:12 AM »
I tell you who is everywhere, that bloody Sarah Pascoe woman. Half expect her to be presenting Match of the Day and the ITV news at the same time soon.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »
This is a h&v classic!!   I love this place!

What are people's thoughts on women's cricket?

I like their bouncers.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »
On the subject of cricket I reckon this lot could beat England at the moment...............
Ladies and Gentlemen meet The Maasai Cricket Warriors.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2015, 10:37:30 AM »
I do like watching the Ashes on the TV, but all that "Bumble" nonsense and him with his fivefer crap makes me want to put my foot through the telly.

Even though he is a biased Lancashire bloke, Bumble when he does the county 20/20 is hilarious.  The other week the Bears were away at Lancashire and the camera panned to a family in the crowd wearing Hawaian shirts.  Bumble said 'Look at this lot here, come all the way from Hawaii to spend two weeks in Manchester.'

I like Bumble. During the Ashes a few years back he went from telling people how they could text, tweet or e-mail their views to SKY into a heart felt lament on the demise of the good old fax machine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal