collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: David Scott Ticket Scam Update  (Read 23043 times)

Offline rogerjstocker

David Scott Ticket Scam Update
« on: July 20, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »
I have had a letter from the Police confirming they have closed the case and are not taking any further than David Scott.   Unfortunately they can not help anyone get their money back.   Also had a letter from David Scott's wife saying she was not involved and can not help.

Like no-one wants to help and the money must be sitting there somewhere !!!

Has anyone made any progress with getting their money back?   I am looking at the small claims court or getting people together with a solicitor to share costs

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: David Scott Ticket Scam Update
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »
I have had a letter from the Police confirming they have closed the case and are not taking any further than David Scott.   Unfortunately they can not help anyone get their money back.   Also had a letter from David Scott's wife saying she was not involved and can not help.

Like no-one wants to help and the money must be sitting there somewhere !!!

Has anyone made any progress with getting their money back?   I am looking at the small claims court or getting people together with a solicitor to share costs
Unless there are any assets in the guy's Estate all you'd get from the Court would be a Judgment you can't enforce.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 08:51:11 PM »
Is this the case where the chap committed suicide?

Offline rogerjstocker

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »
Yes it was.   Most people paid the money into his wifes account

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:28:21 PM »
Please guys respect for the deceased , RIP.  Please close off the thread.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 09:33:29 PM »
The bloke in question is dead, not read of any inquest verdict ruling in a suicide. I'm not local so I could have missed it.
Without wanting to start any arguments, and acknowledging that it's easy for me to say as I'm not out of pocket. I don't think perusing his widow is particularly tasteful. (I may be using the wrong word there but you get my drift)  Some people are down some money, she has lost her husband and her kids have lost their Dad. I hope that thought will give people a sense of perspective.

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 11:58:14 PM »
I think the thread should be closed.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 11:47:38 AM »
The bloke in question is dead, not read of any inquest verdict ruling in a suicide. I'm not local so I could have missed it.
Without wanting to start any arguments, and acknowledging that it's easy for me to say as I'm not out of pocket. I don't think perusing his widow is particularly tasteful. (I may be using the wrong word there but you get my drift)  Some people are down some money, she has lost her husband and her kids have lost their Dad. I hope that thought will give people a sense of perspective.

Whilst feeling sorry for the bloke's widow, people have lost hundreds of pounds in some cases and should be entitled to pursue it.  It would be easy to identify the money, so it should simply be returned.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
Perusing widows is not tasteful under any circumstances.

😬

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 11:57:41 AM »
This thread is most distasteful.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 11:59:44 AM »
Exactly - estimated 150 fake tickets at approx £400 each.  If that's true it could be c£60k.

Add to that the Wimbledon scam and the sums could be well over £100k. 

In my view that should be sorted out.  Are the police really saying they can't track these sums?  It shouldn't be rocket science.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:13 PM »
It's not about pursuing the widow, it's about tracking down huge sums of missing money.  If the widow has it, well then she shouldn't.  If not, then no problem for her.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
Maybe give the family a bit of time first, eh?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »

Whilst feeling sorry for the bloke's widow, people have lost hundreds of pounds in some cases and should be entitled to pursue it.  It would be easy to identify the money, so it should simply be returned.

I agree entirely.

If the money really was paid to his wife, then she should be returning it.

Losing her husband must be terrible, of course, but I don't see how that makes it acceptable for her to be holding on to thousands of pounds of money he conned out of people.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 12:12:22 PM »
Read this:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/tragic-ticket-dave-accused-over-9495947

This wasn't a small time guy making a few quid on the side, this was someone who systematically conned people.  These are huge sums of money which should be tracked down.  If the widow is involved she should be prosecuted.  If not, then she has nothing to worry about.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal