collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 06:43:21 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by London Villan
[Today at 06:35:55 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 06:26:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:15:07 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Whats the point ?  (Read 13701 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Whats the point ?
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »
We desperately need a season free of a relegation battle to raise the morale. It's 5 years on the bounce now and it grinds people down. The home form doesn't help either.

Absolutely this.  I dream of a season in which the last 10 games are not nerve shredding.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2015, 12:46:43 PM »
As disappointing as it is, buying players for 7mil and selling for 33mil should be exactly what we are about right now. Southampton have shown that providing you reinvest well, this is how you can grow and develop a top 10 side.

Allowing Delph to get get to having just 6 months left on his contract is just piss poor management.
and what have Sarfampton won?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »
As disappointing as it is, buying players for 7mil and selling for 33mil should be exactly what we are about right now. Southampton have shown that providing you reinvest well, this is how you can grow and develop a top 10 side.

Allowing Delph to get get to having just 6 months left on his contract is just piss poor management.

Considerably more football matches than us in recent seasons.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »

get that, its just when i hear us being asked to emulate a poxy little club with a charecterless stadium and bumpkin supporters that i can not help thinking that maybe we should be better than that. The Saints ar Norwich in Red and White stripes.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2015, 02:13:03 PM »

get that, its just when i hear us being asked to emulate a poxy little club with a charecterless stadium and bumpkin supporters that i can not help thinking that maybe we should be better than that. The Saints ar Norwich in Red and White stripes.

That's incredibly disparaging. It would be no different to Liverpool fans calling us the same or the comments Holloway made about us a few years back. Quite frankly if we are going to follow a club that has come back from the edge of oblivion to be financially sound and within a few years competing in European competition then clubs like Southampton or Swansea are decent models to follow and build on.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2015, 02:18:14 PM »

Entertainment, goals, good signings, full stadium, great set up, a chairman who gives a flying F, tonked us 6-1, 4-1 etc. I'd be happy with a season similar to theirs of the last 3 years

Offline Dlp

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2015, 08:40:20 PM »

I think a reality check is needed here by some people because for the past few seasons the only type of club we've emulated is one that's a bloody good candidate for relegation. I for one would have loved us to emulate Southampton's league position over the past two seasons.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2015, 08:03:55 AM »
I feel like I had a moment of clarity this morning. It's all very well being linked with and making some quality signings. But the squad as It stands today is a definite relegation contender and there's two and a half weeks until the season starts. I think the current group of players probably scored ten or fewer premier league goals between them last season.

I'm excited about grealish and Gil but it's very optimistic to think we can play with one up and rely on them creating and scoring enough goals from the positions behind. And we know that our defence has been awful under Sherwood in particular.

He really has got a hell of a job on. Having said that, there are at least 6 clubs that i don't think have better squads and presumably less money to spend.

I need a positive goal scoring performance tonight and two quality signings within the next week please villa.

Offline enigma

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:54 AM »

They were in the third tier just a few seasons ago and on the edge of going bust. Last season they had as good a go at qualifying for the Champions League as we did back when O'Neill was in charge of us and  they were in League One. That's not bad going in my book.

Offline levico

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »

Respect

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal