collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So, who replaces Benteke ?  (Read 10399 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: So, who replaces Benteke ?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2015, 11:28:42 AM »
Buying from within the English leagues, especially the Premier League, would be an incredibly stupid thing to do given the advantage the TV money gives us over European leagues this summer. This advantage won't last forever, so we really need to make use of it and stop the disastrous transfer policy which resulted in a team chasing the Champions League bringing on Marlon Harewood.

Bingo Monty, and given the signing of Gueye and potentially Amavi it would appear the club realise this too.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 11:29:55 AM »
Not as a replacement for Benteke but maybe for Weimann would be Gestede from Blackburn. Always thought he was a good player

I do like the look of him.  Puts in some great effort and always seems to be involved.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2015, 11:34:54 AM »
We need two strikers really. Just buying in one with a big transfer fee and all the pressure on him to replace Benteke, that hasn't worked well in the past has it? Particularly as our other options like Gabby aren't really bothered in scoring goals anymore or have been injured for ages.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 12:13:13 PM »
Would be fine with Bamford and Austin, and maybe an Ollic or Klose-type forward to come in on a short-term deal.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
Aguero won't be starting the season for City as he is being given extended time off so Bony will be getting games for City at the start of the season.

I know he is a pariah around these parts but I fully expect Adebayor to be a Villa player in the next week or so. Timmy boy will back himself to get the best out of him like he did when he got 14 in 25 for him at Spurs. Plus his record is 1 in 2 which is what we need to replace with CB going.

I would hope that a younger striker is bought in as well such as Embolo as we need to think long term but having an experienced Prem striker coming in would mean that the weight of expectation would be less and allow them to settle in a bit.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:09:41 PM by Karl Bridges »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2015, 02:06:04 PM »
I reckon Adebayor is nailed on too, with a younger striker also bring signed.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 02:09:58 PM »
I reckon Adebayor is nailed on too, with a younger striker also bring signed.

It wouldn't surprise me about Adebayor but the wages might be a sticking point. He must be on a fair whack at Spurs and i've no idea what our top wage is.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »
I reckon they will subsidise it for 12 months to get him off their books.

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 31.07.2022
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 02:17:33 PM »
Showed more in the Belgian league than Benteke ever did. But that's not a hard thing to achieve.

Quite expensive and he's a bit of a twat. Great striker when 100% up for it, but sadly that's not always the case. 10m max.

Praet on the other hand would be an excellent signing at every price quoted IMO.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »

I can't see Levy being that generous. Besides, it would only leave them with Kane and Soldado. I reckon they might want a replacement first.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 02:21:02 PM »
Possibly right but I think the first willing taker of him will get welcomed with open arms

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 31.07.2022
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »
Someone worth mentioning from the Belgian leagues is Obbi Oulare. Raw, a crossing between Lukaku and Benteke, fee would only be 5m max and could turn out to be the next Beast in three years time.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2015, 02:24:59 PM »

I can't see Levy being that generous. Besides, it would only leave them with Kane and Soldado. I reckon they might want a replacement first.

Aren't they trying to shift Soldado back to Spain?

Offline Clampy

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2015, 02:29:02 PM »
Someone worth mentioning from the Belgian leagues is Obbi Oulare. Raw, a crossing between Lukaku and Benteke, fee would only be 5m max and could turn out to be the next Beast in three years time.

Just had a quick look. He looks bloody good in the air.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2015, 02:39:28 PM »
Losing Benteke and signing Adebayor would be like losing a Maserati and getting a turd baguette in return.

We should be aiming to sign players on the way up (like Benteke and Delph, actually);  players hungry to make their name with us.

Rather than basket cases like Dr Alban, who are chasing one last payday and are happy to just poodle about.

If Paddy Reilly and  this new Sporting Director are to earn their corn, that's the type of lazy, unimaginative and ruinous  transfer deals we need to put a stop to.

Maybe Sherwood will turn out be be Ron Saunders mkII.  But recent history suggests he will be doing well to stay at the club for 2/3 years. Someone who is unlikely to be a long term employee shouldn't be given carte blanche to have total control over deals that could impact us long after they've gone, as per O'Neill, Houlieballs and the rest.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:42:02 PM by KevinGage »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal