collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Not a very nice poll.  (Read 5391 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Not a very nice poll.
« on: July 15, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »
If Benteke is to go, and the main rumours seem to be Man Utd or Liverpool. Which one would you prefer he went to?
 ???

Offline supertom

Re: Not a very nice poll.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
Do I want to be kicked in the bollocks with a left foot or a right foot? Umm....

Man Utd to be honest as I could actually see the point in it. It's a significant step up for him, in a side, which if they sort their defence out, should challenge for the title. Liverpool are a turd masquerading as a big club, trading on past glories. He can get regular game time at Utd as they have a gap to fill now with RVP and Falcao fucked off. There's pressure, but he can produce the goods there and play CL football.

Liverpool will be chasing the fart gusts of the top four and get nowhere near them. I just think its a shit move for him. They're a joke.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 07:53:38 PM »
Man United. At least it would make sense.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:56:48 PM »
Yep, being asked if you'd like ti be hung or face the firing squad!  I'll be honest, the thought of him going to Liverpool is sickening and I would prefer him to go anywhere else but there. 

Edit - or Spurs.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »
Man Utd  or Arsenal

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 08:02:45 PM »
In order of hard-to-stomach

1. Spurs
2. Liverpool.
3. Man United
4. Anywhere else in this country

I'd rather he went elsewhere in Europe, but if he does stay here, joining Spurs ... FFS, what a waste.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »
As said above, United. It would mean CL football which is where he want to be apparently. Couldn't begrude him that but I'll be pissed if he joins liverpool and I'm one of very few (if any) who doesn't mind them on here.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 08:12:57 PM »
Liverpool. At least we might get a win against him before he retires.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 08:14:48 PM »
Do I want to be kicked in the bollocks with a left foot or a right foot? Umm....

Man Utd to be honest as I could actually see the point in it. It's a significant step up for him, in a side, which if they sort their defence out, should challenge for the title. Liverpool are a turd masquerading as a big club, trading on past glories. He can get regular game time at Utd as they have a gap to fill now with RVP and Falcao fucked off. There's pressure, but he can produce the goods there and play CL football.

Liverpool will be chasing the fart gusts of the top four and get nowhere near them. I just think its a shit move for him. They're a joke.

Ironically them replacing Gerrard with someone who can run more than 5 yards in one go and last more than 25 minutes (Milner) will do their midfield no end of good.

Benteke up top with the other signings (if they fit it) could see them giving Man City a good run for 4th. I think City are the weakest of last season's top 4 and the money on Sterling could prove a serious waste.

So if only to stop Liverpool getting anywhere close if he's got to go somewhere in this league, then that lot from Trafford are the least odious of the plausible options.

(I wonder whether that interview he gave when he signed about his dream being to play for Arsenal could have any bearing - crosses fingers that it would give us another season.)

Personally if he wants CL football I think he was made for Klopp's Dortmund side. Might be worth him waiting a year to see where he pitches up (crosses fingers again.)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 08:14:59 PM »
Man. United.

I don't hate them as much as I used to now they've stopped winning stuff, the Moyes season and parts of last year were highly amusing.

It's funny when Yorke went in 1998, I hated that move as at the time we weren't that far off United. Even if they were winning the league we were usually in the top 6, nowadays it's a whole different universe.

That's the hunch aswell that if we did get a takeover down the line we could start challenging Liverpool again as we did for a few season under MON. They'd certainly be easier to catch than Man. United unless they appoint someone like Giggs as manager.

Plus I fancy Hernandez as part of the deal, don't want any of Liverpool's forwards.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:05 PM »
Abroad.  Nowhere else; as far as I'm concerned.  I would hate to see him play against us unless it's in European competition.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »
Don't really see that it makes a difference either way if he's not playing for us.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 08:17:27 PM »
Man Utd  or Arsenal
This.
They're both a significant step up.
Joining 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' - a team that seems to have little more than we have on paper, except for shedloads of £££ which they spend very badly, and no CL - makes no sense at all.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 08:27:32 PM »
If this goes through in the next week or two I wonder if we'll put in a gentleman's clause to stop him playing in the Villa Park game.

That would be too soon I think.

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
Man Utd and by quite a distance.

Liverpool fans are deluded enough to believe that we'll end up selling Tekkers to them for about £23m because he'll put in a transfer request and demand to go to their cesspool of a club. They're in a world of their own aren't they.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal