collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:05:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 12:02:26 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Martyn Smith
[Today at 11:59:21 AM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa commentary rights bought by Absolute Radio?  (Read 4459 times)

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Villa commentary rights bought by Absolute Radio?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 01:24:50 PM »
I eventually got so fucked off with radio coverage that I mostly follow the match on Twitter. The highlights pop up straight away via Vine so I don't feel I'm missing out. I was sick of the stick Villa took by people who are supposed to big us up, and most of the time our coverage wasn't on anyway. They can fill three digital stations with the Noses versus Northern Afterthought FC but the top Midlands club against a Champions League side? Get on crackly AM and be glad you're getting that.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 11:14:10 PM »
Loads of stations I listen to are going, planet rock is going off FM and team rock have gone off Dab, drives me mad because I have to listen off my phone

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 10:29:11 AM »
I eventually got so fucked off with radio coverage that I mostly follow the match on Twitter. The highlights pop up straight away via Vine so I don't feel I'm missing out. I was sick of the stick Villa took by people who are supposed to big us up, and most of the time our coverage wasn't on anyway. They can fill three digital stations with the Noses versus Northern Afterthought FC but the top Midlands club against a Champions League side? Get on crackly AM and be glad you're getting that.

Apart from AVTV, which media organisation is duty bound to "big us up"?

Now, we know that WM and the Mail have been particularly negative of late, as has been detailed on here extensively but surely the media should be giving a balanced view?

Praise where it's due and criticism where it is valid. This, of course has been skewed by the fact that we have have deserved most of the latter for the last 4 years or so.

I like to hear balanced reporting when it comes to Villa, whith a slant towards us from the local media, anything else is just bias against us or unnecessary cheerleading.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal