collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season 2015/16 - What lies ahead for claret & blue.  (Read 9246 times)

Offline warleyboy

Season 2015/16 - What lies ahead for claret & blue.
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:35:30 AM »
With the new season drawing nearer, what is the optimism for our new season ahead.
After our lack lustre cup final performance, I was very enthusiastic about the transfer window, adding to Delph and Cleverley in midfield, Tekkers up front, strengthening on defence.
Possible new owners, clearing out Lerner and starting afresh with some big investment.

But yet again feeling disappointed that Cleverley decided to move to Everton, clauses for Tekkers and Delph highlighted in media.
Delph about to move on with Tekkers not far behind.
Yes, we have managed to get rid of some of the bomb squad, but replacing Given for Bunn, obviously a cost cutting exercise but really !
And what an embarrassing new kit launch, pretty sickening to say the least.

My hopes for the coming season were pretty optimistic, hoping for a mid table finish, beating a few of the top four along the way.
Unfortunately I cannot see this at the present time, some new players are going to have to hit the floor running.
Can see another relegation battle ahead, just hope we have enough to stay in the premier league.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Season 2015/16 - What lies ahead for claret & blue.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:38:54 AM »
Black. It's all black.

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 09:40:36 AM »
For the first time in years we're starting a season without a dour scottish twat in charge, and that's got to count for something

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
Woe. I see woe and pain. And a bit more woe.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 09:50:50 AM »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 10:04:16 AM »
Yes, we have managed to get rid of some of the bomb squad, but replacing Given for Bunn, obviously a cost cutting exercise but really !
Where's the problem here?

Offline peter w

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 10:16:47 AM »
I'm sure Southampton fan feared for the worse when the lost Chambers, Lovren, Lallana, and Lambert and replaced them with virtual unknowns on these shores. We looked like we had the basis of something at the end of last season but we've got Grealish to build on last season, N'Zogbia in the last season of his contract which is when he usually pulls up trees, Sinclair who looked bright and positive, Kozak who should be good for at least 10 goals, Clark/Richards/Okore as centre-halves.

Its been a disappointing summer so far but we will now have the dying embers of Lambert extinguished and we will be a Sherwood team. I'm still hopeful if not dripping with confidence.

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »

Depends how you look at it Dave.
Given replaced Guzan for the rest of the season after his Man City error, with the exception of Burnley.
Given gets shipped to Stoke and we get a free from Norwich!!!
I'm sorry but it stinks of cost cutting at its worst, is this the type of player you would like to bring into the club?
And how will Guzan feel, I'd be mighty peeved in the circumstances, Given was made no1 and now replaced with currant Bunn, does this make him our new no.1.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 10:22:06 AM »
Pain.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 10:23:23 AM »

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 10:26:22 AM »

Given replaced Guzan for the rest of the season after his Man City error, with the exception of Burnley.
I'm sorry but it stinks of cost cutting at its worst, is this the type of player you would like to bring into the club?
And how will Guzan feel, I'd be mighty peeved in the circumstances, Given was made no1 and now replaced with currant Bunn, does this make him our new no.1.

I can't see an issue with this. I still think Guzan is a better keeper than Given and Bunn looks a decent back up keeper and is only 30. He seems to have been a bit unlucky with injuries but I would imagine his salary is nowhere near what we were paying Given.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 10:27:36 AM »
Cost cutting? Getting rid of a player you've been paying 50k a week over 4 years who's only played a handful of games, I'd call it long over due.

Online exigo

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 10:29:28 AM »
Benteke and Delph gone for £40 million. Randy throws in his usual tuppence ha'penny.
Sherwood buys a new striker, midfielder, winger, centre back, left back and keeper.
We surprise everyone by coming out of the blocks and being top four into September.
By Christmas we're mid table.
By March the relegation thread is into three figures.
By April the rumblings of Sherwood leaving are mounting.
By May he's gone.
By July Grealish is kissing the shirt on the new season's kit promo.
By August Grealish is playing for Man City's youth team.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 10:31:24 AM »
Good shout, exigo but I can't see Sherwood lasting until May.

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 10:36:07 AM »

I can't see an issue with this. I still think Guzan is a better keeper than Given and Bunn looks a decent back up keeper and is only 30. He seems to have been a bit unlucky with injuries but I would imagine his salary is nowhere near what we were paying Given.

Totally agree JD, Guzan is the better keeper, hence why was he taken out of first team.
From his point of view, lost his place to Given, now Given replaced with Bunn.
I'm hoping Bunn is 3rd place to Steer.
I'm hoping Guzan is still up for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal