collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada 1874 - Season Video  (Read 7217 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Brigada 1874 - Season Video
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »
Can we have a vuvuzela instead?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »
Under my own rules of football, Aston Villa deserve to be relegated now on the basis of us having a wanky drum.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »
Rather than a drum, could you not try to get hold of a sex pistols style surfer flag with too may words in?  I'm pretty sure that would get strong support on here.

Maybe i'm missing something here but you do know that wasn't us right?

Yeah I know that wasn't you bruised.  Don't worry I'm mostly fan of your work (not hugely of the drum but hey ho), but couldn't resist bring this up.  We're all just a bunch of miserable internet forum toxic wankers really. 

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
There are loads of annoying things at football matches, but the most annoying (and small time) is battling relegation season after season.

Towards the end of last season we had balloons, streamers, new banners, 'themes' every week, and a drum.....and we created enough 'artificial atmosphere to drag ourselves out of the relegation zone & into a cup final.

No-one would like a naturally generated atmosphere from the fans more than me, that's why I have campaigned for safe standing, because the terraces used to flow with it, but we don't have that now. All seater stadiums just don't do what football used to do, and our actual football hasn't been that great either.

If I have to choose between no atmosphere and 'artificial atmosphere', I will probably choose the latter every time. Anyone who has been at the early rounds of the cup, when Brigada are the only thing happening, will have seen the faces of little kids who think they are brilliant, and who are being given a reason to want to come again when there is sod all else going on.

I'd rather we didn't need a drum, or even Brigada much as I love them, but we do.

Offline The Adventurer

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 05:54:55 PM »
Good to see "Brigada" aren't locating anywhere near me because if they were the nuisance with the drum would be wearing it not banging it!

I'm with the MAJORITY in saying get rid of it!

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
Maybe you need to get a Delph banner organised!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 12:19:01 AM »
Do any other big clubs have drums? ......... I don't remember the likes of Arsenal, United etc. having drums. There's few things that shout small time louder.
arsenal and Utd both need to be 2-0 up before you
Do any other big clubs have drums? ......... I don't remember the likes of Arsenal, United etc. having drums. There's few things that shout small time louder.

Playing devil's advocate here but the "big" clubs you mentioned who don't have a drum also don't have any atmosphere in their grounds. The Emirates and Old Trafford are usually silent, save for the away fans. I'd rather have a drum banging next to me than some silent, sober, miserable bastard
hear them. I'm split on the drum issue. Haven't been to VP for a while, so can't comment on the atmosphere, seems good on TV though

Playing devil's advocate here but the "big" clubs you mentioned who don't have a drum also don't have any atmosphere in their grounds. The Emirates and Old Trafford are usually silent, save for the away fans. I'd rather have a drum banging next to me than some silent, sober, miserable bastard
arsenal and Utd both need to be 2-0 up before you hear them. Haven't been to VP for years, so can't comment on the atmosphere, it always sounds pretty good mic'd up on tv. I agree with most, a drum is small time and a bit cringeworthy, but if it gets the crowd going fair enough you could live with it. Does seem to piss a lot of people off though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal