collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada 1874 - Season Video  (Read 7213 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Brigada 1874 - Season Video
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »
The drum is effectively anti-social behaviour. Imagine being sat near that, it's bad enough being the other end of the ground.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »
There aren't enough kazoos at football.

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 10:34:05 PM »
I think the Drum thing is totally selfish, " we like the drum so fuck you if you don't"

If that is how you think getting the fans to be together then there is some serious flaws in your argument.

You should stop the Drum thing.

Are you for real? You want us to ditch the drum because you don't like it? Do you want us to do a mailout questionnaire to every Villan before we do everything to make sure that we aren't upsetting anyone? I'm all for consensus decision making but if you based it on the passing thoughts of people on forums you'd never get anything done.

Dave WP, I hear you pal, I used to really enjoy reading the works of Kurt Vonnegut until I found out he had a moustache, then i wanted to piss on his cornflakes and put broken glass in his porridge.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »
Do any other big clubs have drums? It's usually small clubs, often with near new half empty stadiums - Wigan, Bolton, Blackpool etc. I don't remember the likes of Arsenal, United etc. having drums. There's few things that shout small time louder.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 10:39:17 PM »
I think the Drum thing is totally selfish, " we like the drum so fuck you if you don't"

If that is how you think getting the fans to be together then there is some serious flaws in your argument.

You should stop the Drum thing.

Are you for real? You want us to ditch the drum because you don't like it? Do you want us to do a mailout questionnaire to every Villan before we do everything to make sure that we aren't upsetting anyone? I'm all for consensus decision making but if you based it on the passing thoughts of people on forums you'd never get anything done.

Dave WP, I hear you pal, I used to really enjoy reading the works of Kurt Vonnegut until I found out he had a moustache, then i wanted to piss on his cornflakes and put broken glass in his porridge.
Yes I am for Real, and like many others I don't like it. I have not heard any criticism of anything else you do, and I like all the other stuff you do. But the Drum is Crass and Small time. As long as you are enjoying yourself carry on

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 10:40:34 PM »
Do any other big clubs have drums? It's usually small clubs, often with near new half empty stadiums - Wigan, Bolton, Blackpool etc. I don't remember the likes of Arsenal, United etc. having drums. There's few things that shout small time louder.

Top Post.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 10:41:48 PM »
No don't carry on  bruised shins , the drum is surplus to requirements and pissing a lot of people off.
Be big enough to do the right thing.

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2015, 10:56:31 PM »

I'm not sure what the size of the club has to do with it. It's about atmosphere, not the catchment area of a club or what trophies they've won in the past. For example Arsenal have one of the direst, most tepid supports in the country, they're a laughing stock. Conversely if you look at Palace, they're a smaller club in terms of history and turnover but have the best home support in the country and have a drum.

If you want big clubs who have drums then look at Dortmund, Bayern, Ajax etc, they have illusrtious histories and drummers, so the too are not mutually exclusive.

The only reason why the drum is more audible then it perhaps should be is because of the lack of atmosphere for long periods of games at Villa Park, like i've said the purpose of the drum is just to keep a steady rhythm to a song, it works better for some songs than others, eg "we are the famous Holte End" or "in 1982 in Rotterdam", however if you had 13,000 people singing I guarantee you you wouldn't even notice the drum.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 11:06:06 PM »
Fair point bruised.
If the drum is just for tempo rather than say giving it a good bang every time we have a throw in, the debate alters somewhat

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »
On the basis that the Drum pisses most Villa Fans off, why not ditch it.

As has been said we are not Bolton.

Views seem pretty mixed on here. Why this obsession with Bolton? Palace have a drum and have the best home atmosphere in the country. Celtic have a drum too. It's not just Bolton.
If you seriously think Palace have the best home atmosphere in the country then you really don't know what atmosphere is. That group in the corner at Palace are just irritating cheerleaders trying to draw attention to themselves and their poxy singing that has fuck all to do with the game being played in front of them. they may as well just have a DJ playing.
A good atmosphere at football is generated spontaneously as supporters react as one to something that's just happened on the pitch. That buzz of excitement or anticipation or that roar or chant to urge the team on.
If you want to be like Palace then fine, but they are just cheerleaders without Pom-poms in my opinion. All very small-time and false.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
Rather than a drum, could you not try to get hold of a sex pistols style surfer flag with too may words in?  I'm pretty sure that would get strong support on here.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 12:53:18 PM »
Rather than a drum, could you not try to get hold of a sex pistols style surfer flag with too may words in?  I'm pretty sure that would get strong support on here.
Excellent!

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »

Maybe i'm missing something here but you do know that wasn't us right?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »
Do any other big clubs have drums? ......... I don't remember the likes of Arsenal, United etc. having drums. There's few things that shout small time louder.

Playing devil's advocate here but the "big" clubs you mentioned who don't have a drum also don't have any atmosphere in their grounds. The Emirates and Old Trafford are usually silent, save for the away fans. I'd rather have a drum banging next to me than some silent, sober, miserable bastard

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
Do any other big clubs have drums? ......... I don't remember the likes of Arsenal, United etc. having drums. There's few things that shout small time louder.

Playing devil's advocate here but the "big" clubs you mentioned who don't have a drum also don't have any atmosphere in their grounds. The Emirates and Old Trafford are usually silent, save for the away fans. I'd rather have a drum banging next to me than some silent, sober, miserable bastard

For clarification, except for the sober bit, Chico is referring to me here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal