collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A reason to hate the EDL even more  (Read 7154 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: A reason to hate the EDL even more
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2015, 10:11:21 PM »
I still more worried about the Villa defence than the EDL.

Very good.

Really does it actually matter what time our annual home surrender to ManU takes place? I suppose any kind of disruption benefits us as it might disturb ManUre so we should be happy.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2015, 10:14:30 PM »
I still more worried about the Villa defence than the EDL.
Class

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »
The only Friday night match I have ever been to was Paul Birch's testimonial in the summer of '91.

I have a bizarre memory that David Platt, who had recently left us for Bari officially kicked the match off, as in touched the ball once on the sound of the ref's whistle before sprinting off the pitch, whilst dressed in his Bari Kit.

Did that actually happen or did I imagine the whole thing?!

Nope it happened just like that, he was only insured to kick off the game

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2015, 11:09:51 PM »
Our home fixture against this lot has been my least favourite fixture for several decades now. I hate everything about it.

Even when i had my season ticket I'd sometimes make a point of not bothering with this one. It's just like a 90 minute viewing of a microcosm of every single thing that upsets me about football.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2015, 11:18:23 PM »
Our home fixture against this lot has been my least favourite fixture for several decades now. I hate everything about it.

Even when i had my season ticket I'd sometimes make a point of not bothering with this one. It's just like a 90 minute viewing of a microcosm of every single thing that upsets me about football.

I'm pretty sure the last time I went to a Manure game at VP, was about a decade ago when Scholes hit that screamer. I fucking hate playing them, so even when i've had a ST I haven't bothered with that game.
I won't be going this season either.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »
The only Friday night match I have ever been to was Paul Birch's testimonial in the summer of '91.

I have a bizarre memory that David Platt, who had recently left us for Bari officially kicked the match off, as in touched the ball once on the sound of the ref's whistle before sprinting off the pitch, whilst dressed in his Bari Kit.

Did that actually happen or did I imagine the whole thing?!

Nope it happened just like that, he was only insured to kick off the game

Didn't he arrive in a helicopter as well?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 11:27:06 PM »
Actually, I was at the 2-2 game when we played Hogg, Bannan etc and Albrighton ripped them apart. 2 manure games in a decade, and that's 2 too many. I fucking hate them and their wanky plastic Brummie red shithouses far more than I dislike small heath. Tossers.

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »
Millwall was moved because of a protest to save Lewisham hospital.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Seem to remember playing Middlesborough on a Friday night. Can't remember the score though. Probably late 70's.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 11:21:31 AM »
Our first game if the 1980s was on a Friday night at Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup.

I remember that Paul Birch testimonial game more specifically because when I was walking away from the ground I noticed I was spattered in quite a lot of blood - not mine or anyone I was with and I've still got no idea where it came from.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 11:35:45 AM »
Il be watching in Ibiza

Presumably in  packed out bars full of franchise Utd wankers

Although I remember a time years ago when I was on holiday in Tenerife and we played Man Utd I went to the local bar to watch the game, my lad had his Villa shirt on thinking we would be the token Villa supporters in there, only to find the place full of Villa fans

We lost.   (Obviously)

Offline Newportfred

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »
Seem to remember playing Middlesborough on a Friday night. Can't remember the score though. Probably late 70's.
Think we lost 2-0, we played on the Friday because the motor show was on at the N.E.C. 

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »
I remember years ago when Sky put the 1st lunchtime k.o. between ManUre and Leeds if I recall correctly. Hairy Richard Keys said it was not Sky but the Police advised to put the match on earlier, at the time I thought fair enough. It was just a platform for Sky to start showing games at the earlier time. A few weeks later it was Bolton vs Boro or something...still doing it for Police reasons??? The same is happening here.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 12:48:45 PM »
Isn't it really on a Friday so that it can be shown live on TV in the Middle East on their equivalent of MOTD?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:12 PM »
Isn't it really on a Friday so that it can be shown live on TV in the Middle East on their equivalent of MOTD?
See, the EDL are right.
Them Muslims are taking over our football as well !

Oh, the irony.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal