collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 09:31:10 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 09:28:58 AM]

Re: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by olaftab
[Today at 09:27:53 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:25:58 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 09:24:55 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by LeeB
[Today at 09:16:30 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by dicedlam
[Today at 09:16:24 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208292 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #1320 on: May 22, 2017, 12:35:48 PM »
£10m would be crap business. One of Europe's richest clubs wander in and you want to take their first offer?

£10m for a reserve championship full back is crap business?

Yes. If they've offered £10m, then it's telling the selling club that there's a higher bid to be squeezed out of them.
Ergo, accepting the first bid is crap business.

See also, selling your house.

No one's bid £10m for Amavi, nevermind £25m. If we supposedly need to pull up the drawbridge and are on a sell to buy regime as to not completely fuck up the ffp rules then do you really think  we would turn down a £10m offer for a fullback who was shit last season, didn't play the season before because of a bad injury and isn't regarded as a first team player.

Come on now, think about it.

You think about it. A club walks in and makes a first offer. When in the entire history of football did the selling club roll over and say yes? You go back and say, thanks for that offer, but we'd like a whole lot more. And then, a few weeks later, when there's an offer of £15m+ on the table, you say yes.

It's not rocket science.

Or they realise the error of their ways, don't come in with an increased offer and we either end up with a player sitting on the bench, rather than £10m in the bank, or we sell him for less than £10m later in the Summer when there's less time to work out who to spend it on.

He's surplus to requirements and whilst I agree that there's potentially a player in there we don't have the luxury of being able to wait for him to come out.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #1321 on: May 22, 2017, 12:42:42 PM »
No one is going to bid £10m for Amavi. Come on, were sounding like deluded noses here and their fantasies about signing Maradonna etc etc

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1322 on: May 22, 2017, 01:45:12 PM »
There has been plentiful speculation that suggests otherwise. Are all the press deluded Noses?

Offline exigo

« Reply #1323 on: May 22, 2017, 01:49:47 PM »
It's funny the amount of hand-wringing on here whenever Daniel Levy (and others like him) extracts extortionate fees from a club. And yet now we're supposed to take the first offer from Atletico, despite it being far lower than bids in the summer.
It's almost like people want to whinge whatever happens.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #1324 on: May 22, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
No one is going to bid £10m for Amavi. Come on, were sounding like deluded noses here and their fantasies about signing Maradonna etc etc

People here were astounded that we got the fees we did for the likes of Sinclair, Westwood, and Gestede. Being able to see them week in week out is probably a mixed bag when it comes to one's ability to assess a player's ability as a fan.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #1325 on: May 22, 2017, 04:40:57 PM »
Amavi might get even better next season as we will have pre season to sort things out. Just a thought. We should be telling him to study 4 players - Phillip Lahm, Roberto Carlos, Stuart Pearce and Andrea Breheme. Perhaps Steve Staunton should be on coaching staff for short term contract.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1326 on: May 22, 2017, 04:48:51 PM »
It's funny the amount of hand-wringing on here whenever Daniel Levy (and others like him) extracts extortionate fees from a club. And yet now we're supposed to take the first offer from Atletico, despite it being far lower than bids in the summer.
It's almost like people want to whinge whatever happens.

Indeed it does.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1327 on: May 22, 2017, 07:31:19 PM »
despite it being far lower than bids in the summer.

Do you honestly believe that?!

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1328 on: May 22, 2017, 08:44:20 PM »
Amavi has had two pre-seasons at BH and struggled to hold down a regular place in the worst Villa sides in over 20 years. Luminaries like Richardson, Cissokho and Taylor have been selected ahead of him reasonably regularly by successive managers. That game at Fulham summed him up, plenty of ability but no heart and a feckless attitude.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1329 on: May 22, 2017, 08:57:44 PM »
Amavi has had two pre-seasons at BH and struggled to hold down a regular place in the worst Villa sides in over 20 years. Luminaries like Richardson, Cissokho and Taylor have been selected ahead of him reasonably regularly by successive managers. That game at Fulham summed him up, plenty of ability but no heart and a feckless attitude.

He's also had what would've been a career threatening injury 20 years ago.  The feckless attitude bit is totally unfair as well, it's an accusation that seems to get thrown at anyone who doesn't run through walls regardless of if there is any evidence they've ever shown any problems with their attitude.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1330 on: May 22, 2017, 11:10:31 PM »
Bit harsh to say he couldn't hold down a place for 2 years when he was crocked early November in his first season. He was a big disappointment this season though.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1331 on: May 22, 2017, 11:27:47 PM »
Bit harsh to say he couldn't hold down a place for 2 years when he was crocked early November in his first season. He was a big disappointment this season though.

I'm not sure it's even that simple.

He started the season looking like he'd missed 9-10months and was working his way back before getting up to speed and being one of our better players from around mid-October until the middle of January.I don't know if the talk of a rejected bid then got to him or if it was the links to Taylor (which started around the same time) or if it was just a fitness thing with him having spend the pre-season recovering rather than building his stamina but he nose-dived after that.

That up and down is why I'd still like to see him with us next year after a proper pre-season but, as above, I can accept that it's unlikely because he's one of the 'easy' options to sell and get big money back without leaving a big hole in the team.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #1332 on: May 23, 2017, 01:54:46 AM »
There has been plentiful speculation that suggests otherwise. Are all the press deluded Noses?

Yes, it's jackanory column filling bullshit. If it's not and Amavi commands a £10m price tag I'll put a tenner in to H and V.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1333 on: May 23, 2017, 08:12:36 AM »
Griezmann practically admitted on French TV yesterday that he's off to Manure if they get Champs League football so with all that lolly Atleti will have we can throw in Micah with Jordan and call it a cool £50m.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1334 on: June 18, 2017, 03:47:56 PM »
On the transfer list, according to the Meaning Evil:

Jordan Amavi looks set to leave Aston Villa this summer, after the defender confirmed he had been placed on the transfer list.

Amavi joined Villa in the summer of 2015 before their relegation from the Premier League.

He made 34 appearances last season, but following the claret and blues' failure to win promotion back to the top flight at the first attempt, wants a move to meet his ambitions.

Amavi told French daily the Nice-Matin: "We spoke with Aston Villa, I was upfront with them, the club were in return.

"If I have to leave, there will be no problem.

"I have ambitions. I want to play in Europe, for a club that play in all the competitions.

"I've been placed on the transfer list."

The 23-year-old, who cost Villa £9m from Nice, revealed that clubs have come forward to discuss potential moves - but no concrete offers have yet been made.

Amavi is ideally seeking a switch to a Premier League club, though he's open to the idea of moving abroad.

"There are clubs that have come to enquire and we've talked, even if there is nothing concrete yet," Amavi added.

"I love the Premier League, it is the league that I like enough, but I am open to other countries.

"If the sporting challenge is interesting, I will go ahead, I won't think twice."

Amavi has been linked with a host of clubs including Liverpool, Sampdoria, Marseille, Monaco, Atletico Madrid and former outfit Nice during his time at Villa.

In December, Villa were said to have turned down a £25m bid from an unnamed club from China.

No surprise, really.

I like him as a player, even if he did have a ropey second half to the season. 

But if we did turn down an offer of £25 million in Jan, that's nuts.  Particularly for an owner now so perturbed about FFP.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:52:44 PM by KevinGage »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal