collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 459695 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #2100 on: December 31, 2018, 03:45:05 PM »
I don't blame any player for seeing out the contract they were offered and signed. I don't like Richards. He's a wanker of the highest order. But like Stephen Ireland before or watching Sunderland Till I Die recently, they have Jack Rodwell, why should they walk away from a deal nobody else will ever give them?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2101 on: December 31, 2018, 03:53:06 PM »
Because the money is all that matters to them?  The game, their pride, their self respect, their reputation are as nothing compared with the heap of money that will inevitably be wasted one way or another.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2102 on: December 31, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
but we don't know if he is injured

if he was why don't they say he'l not play again,
 that would surely take some of the heat of him as it would be the reason for his long term no show

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #2103 on: December 31, 2018, 03:59:02 PM »
For all the other faults, the players signed in our final season by the club rather than Sherwood reveal him to be the inept fool he was.

Richards easily the worst of those that year.

Still not sure why we haven't paid his contract off in full with a clause that if he gets another contract he has to return part of the cash. I assume as he knows no one will sign him now.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2104 on: December 31, 2018, 04:04:12 PM »
For all the other faults, the players signed in our final season by the club rather than Sherwood reveal him to be the inept fool he was.

Still not sure why we haven't paid his contract off in full with a clause that if he gets another contract he has to return part of the cash. I assume as he knows no one will sign him now.
FFP.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #2105 on: December 31, 2018, 04:06:32 PM »

FFP.

Yeah, but I don't get why they haven't sacked him like a manager gets sacked and placed on gardening leave. So continue to pay him weekly or monthly or whatever but physically remove him from the premises.  Would at least deprive him of the use of our facilities!!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2106 on: December 31, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »

FFP.

Yeah, but I don't get why they haven't sacked him like a manager gets sacked and placed on gardening leave. So continue to pay him weekly or monthly or whatever but physically remove him from the premises.  Would at least deprive him of the use of our facilities!!
It’s a strange one, but I guess they can’t write his contract off in one go because that would recognize the loss in that financial period.
If they did not provide an opportunity for him to train or take part then they could face a constructive dismissal claim which would cost them more money.
I can’t see any other explanation.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #2107 on: December 31, 2018, 04:12:18 PM »

FFP.

I suppose that amounts to constructive dismissal?

Offline achilles

« Reply #2108 on: December 31, 2018, 04:30:31 PM »
Because the money is all that matters to them?  The game, their pride, their self respect, their reputation are as nothing compared with the heap of money that will inevitably be wasted one way or another.

Exactly, I just couldn't envisage myself taking the piss like this!

Is it 4 years that he has done absolutely sod all, not even got his coaching badges to help the youngsters, he has done absolutely nothing except be a blood sucking parasite on the club!

A player that I hope eventually he gets his just rewards in life!

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2109 on: December 31, 2018, 04:39:01 PM »
It's always been deliciously intriguing why the club has operated such a news blackout on him, The most I've heard Bruce comment was that he wasn't fit enough to play which is a sort of nothing statement. If someone at the club did sign him up after he failed a medical so we couldn't insure him, then surely those responsible are long gone and any embarrassment factor null and voided? Then you've got the media blackout, and considering it all went tits up for us last summer surely some journo would have run the Richards story under the financial mismanagement angle but not a dickie-bird. Very odd.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2110 on: December 31, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »

Exactly, I just couldn't envisage myself taking the piss like this!

Is it 4 years that he has done absolutely sod all, not even got his coaching badges to help the youngsters, he has done absolutely nothing except be a blood sucking parasite on the club!

A player that I hope eventually he gets his just rewards in life!

You’re not in his shoes though where he’s getting paid as much in a week as many get paid in a year.

If he can’t play again then no other club will want him. If the club offers him a “deal” to leave it’s hardly going to be what they are paying him now. So from Richards’ standpoint he is well within his right to use the facility his employer has contractually allowed him access to. And the PFA will back him fully so the club seemingly can’t do anything about it. Which given how long it has now been appears very much to be the case.

We fucked up. We should never have made this deal and certainly not for as long. I hope we never commit ourselves to contracts like this again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 04:47:31 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #2111 on: December 31, 2018, 04:55:38 PM »
but we don't know if he is injured

if he was why don't they say he'l not play again,
 that would surely take some of the heat of him as it would be the reason for his long term no show
v
Ivo Stas, always injured.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2112 on: December 31, 2018, 04:59:24 PM »
I hope Mica has been given some prudent financial counsel  because one thing is unequivocal - he isn't going to earn a bean from professional football ever again once his contract with us expires.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #2113 on: December 31, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »
I hope Mica has been given some prudent financial counsel  because one thing is unequivocal - he isn't going to earn a bean from professional football ever again once his contract with us expires.

He could do indirectly as a pundit. Regardless of any ability to form sentences. If he's got a tight shiny shirt he's got a place on MOTD2 for life, if he wants it. TalkSport would hire a chaffinch if it had once kicked a ball. He'd have his own show on there within a couple of weeks. He really won't struggle for cash.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2114 on: December 31, 2018, 05:10:50 PM »
He could forge a career as a Championship referee with little effort aswell.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal