collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 459478 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1905 on: June 18, 2018, 03:22:02 PM »
If he is fit, then he has been badly managed. Inside there is a good footballer either at RB, CD or a DM. We invested in this player and we should be managing him correctly to get the best out of that investment. If he is injured, then I agree with poster above, in that surely insurance covers the costs.

Not sure if serious ?  :o

Offline Eiresvillan

« Reply #1906 on: June 18, 2018, 03:33:38 PM »
The day we get rid of this c**t is the day to celebrate (and I wanted to sign him)!

Why did you want to sign him? (Because there is decent player in there).

Anyone saying he has no positional sense, maybe needs to recheck what this player can do when on form and fit.

I believe he could be a very good DM, when CB(he did have the odd decent game) he would drive forward from CB and be more a ball playing centre back.

At the end of the day we are forking out 50k a week for this player under contract - yet we allow him to sit and rot picking up the wages. Which for me is shocking man management. Big Ron and Ron Saunders would have got him playing and shoved a rocket up his ass.

We have wasted far too much money on players in positions where we already had adequate cover. DM, FB, are prime examples where we have wasted funds. Do we really need BB, Whelan and Jedinak?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1907 on: June 18, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »

When we signed him on a free i assumed he was still that player Man City had a few years before. How wrong I was. I think Fiorentina clearly saw he was a busted flush and couldn't wait to send him back to City.

I don't recall any good games at centre back, I recall games where he got some praise for charging out of our box with the ball and then ultimately losing it further up the pitch (ala Hutton) and leaving us ridiculously exposed in defence. And his efforts at right back were equally shocking.

He's not fit to even be called a footballer (literally).

Who's fault is that? Can't he motivate himself to get off his lazy fucking arse and be the athlete he's supposed to be (even has athlete as his twitter profile, JFC)

Nobody at the club other than the bloke himself needs to do anything to turn this appalling situation around. He's the ****** that's wasted three years here pocketing about 5-6m in the process. In all my time of watching the Villa (since a kid in '82) I can't think of a player i despise more than him.

And that's including players that have spat at fans, said shit after leaving, turned snake etc etc.

All of them at the very least did something in the shirt before it all went sour. This ****** has done precisely fuck all expect steal a fucking living from us

Utter ******. The only way i could ever have any respect for him now would be for him to end his contract and fuck right off into the abyss.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1908 on: June 18, 2018, 04:24:09 PM »
Good rant.  I can't get worked up about him personally, but he really has been an utter waste of money.   

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1909 on: June 18, 2018, 06:12:21 PM »
I saw him play for us once when I was at home on a trip, it was the season we got relegated and it was against Watford. (My birthday as it happened) He played centre half and I lost count of the number of times that prick Deeney had him beat.  Richards at centre half is cack.  His best position always was full back.

IIRC, didn't he dictate that one of the conditions of him signing was that he would only play centre half.  I could be wrong. 

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1910 on: June 18, 2018, 06:36:46 PM »
We can't we start looking to offer this clown cash to just leave us. 3 months salary up front to piss off. We are happy to take cash early from Burnley for a discount but continue to let this charlatan prick around at the training ground.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1911 on: June 18, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »
I saw him play for us once when I was at home on a trip, it was the season we got relegated and it was against Watford. (My birthday as it happened) He played centre half and I lost count of the number of times that prick Deeney had him beat.  Richards at centre half is cack.  His best position always was full back.

IIRC, didn't he dictate that one of the conditions of him signing was that he would only play centre half.  I could be wrong.

That was certainly the rumour. But when he did play right back he was as gash as he was at centre back. Complete waste of space

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1912 on: June 18, 2018, 06:48:21 PM »
We can't we start looking to offer this clown cash to just leave us. 3 months salary up front to piss off. We are happy to take cash early from Burnley for a discount but continue to let this charlatan prick around at the training ground.
But why would he take it?  He won't get a gig elsewhere so will hang round for every last penny.

I wouldn't mind as much if he was busting a gut to get fit and contribute, going on loans for games even if we were paying the wages.  But he's not.  And if he can't even do that it is frustrating we cant cancel the contract and get the insurance to pay him off.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1913 on: June 19, 2018, 12:21:23 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me if the Richards signing came up in some inquiry in future years. He was effectively semi retired before we bought him. Next thing he rocks up at Villa as captain and centre half on a crazy contract, think we pipped Sunderland to get his signature! Couple of games in Gary Neville was calling out his lack of positional sense as a huge problem.

I'm not sure Balaban could even compare to his last couple of performances in a Villa shirt. Bruce's first game v Wolves and there was a cup game in which he embarrassed himself.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1914 on: June 19, 2018, 12:49:52 AM »
Luton away under Di Matteo, wasn't it?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1915 on: June 19, 2018, 01:06:07 AM »
Micah Richards is a case study in how you can toss away a potentially excellent career. He was such a highly rated full back at Man City with everything in front of him. I realize injuries have played a part in his decline but so very much is on him and his attitude. When you throw in our incompetence as a club agreeing to sign him on such a long term deal it is the most unpleasant looking Venn diagram of terrible decisions and circumstances all colliding.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #1916 on: June 19, 2018, 06:05:16 AM »
I actually think it's sweetly naive that he feels the need to get all defensive and apologetic on social media as if most Villa fans are going to be more incensed about some bizarre hand gesture than, amongst other things, his total lack of application in the job for which he is paid millions.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1917 on: June 19, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
He's just thick, monumentally thick.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1918 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:26 AM »
But not as stupid as the clowns who offered him a deal that has contributed significantly to our bankruptcy.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1919 on: June 19, 2018, 09:10:57 AM »
Micah Richards is a case study in how you can toss away a potentially excellent career. He was such a highly rated full back at Man City with everything in front of him. I realize injuries have played a part in his decline but so very much is on him and his attitude. When you throw in our incompetence as a club agreeing to sign him on such a long term deal it is the most unpleasant looking Venn diagram of terrible decisions and circumstances all colliding.

How many of those kind of decisions have there been in our recent history as well?  Richards, Lescott, N'Zogbia, Ireland, McCormack, new contract for Agbonlahor - just think of the money we have wasted on those six alone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal