collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by olaftab
[Today at 03:49:33 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 459639 times)

Offline Rudy65

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1770 on: February 24, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »
Was talking about Gabby the other day, and was told the amount of work he does behind the scenes (promoting the club and visits like the Acorns) is massive.
I think he'll stay on in a similar roll as Ian Taylor as an ambassador of the club.

Doubt that

Offline nigel

« Reply #1771 on: February 24, 2018, 04:52:07 PM »
Was talking about Gabby the other day, and was told the amount of work he does behind the scenes (promoting the club and visits like the Acorns) is massive.
I think he'll stay on in a similar roll as Ian Taylor as an ambassador of the club.

Doubt that

Why?

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1772 on: February 24, 2018, 05:06:18 PM »

Doubt that

Why?

It's fairly simple Nige. Taylor gave 100% for the club he loves. I could go on but is there any need? If you are under 12 I'll understand.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #1773 on: February 24, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »
I was speaking to another fan in the Holte Suite after the Blues game and he was of the opinion that Gabby would never leave Villa. He'll always have some role. As depressing as the thought is, I'm tempted to agree.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1774 on: February 24, 2018, 06:56:27 PM »
His contract runs out in the summer and he isn't getting a new one so he's just going to retire and get a job behind the scenes?! I don't think so.

I don't think the owner is a big fan of him so think the club ambassador role won't be happening.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1775 on: February 24, 2018, 07:19:43 PM »
If he does leave it will be quite interesting to see where he ends up and what kind of clubs show an interest.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1776 on: February 24, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »
Most players are fine, but you should be able to spot the duds.  And Dave, he's not like that, and anyway you cant really deny he's right about Lescott.

Given that Lescott played more than thirty games for us in his first season then I can.

Depends on what you mean by "played".  Sure he showed up but he played like a lummox.  Do you really think he looked even half the player he'd been at Everton or City, or even as effective as when at Albion for that matter?   

Was he not their player of the season?
He was but sort of in the same way that Stephen Ireland was our player of the season under McLeish. Any time I saw Lescott for West Brom he looked past it and pretty dreadful. Their fans would probably largely agree. For us he was even worse still. We've had some absolute doozies in the worst signings ever categories. Lescott could easily make a 'shockers 18' if you had to name a team and subs of dreadful signings we've made in the Prem.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #1777 on: February 28, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
Gabby will try to stay, and we'll likely wheel him out now and again, but as an Ambassador? No chance. Do you really think that just because he played for us all of his career that he is suited for an ambassador role? They are very different roles that require different qualities. Gabby doesn't have either these days

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1778 on: February 28, 2018, 08:54:10 PM »
Most players are fine, but you should be able to spot the duds.  And Dave, he's not like that, and anyway you cant really deny he's right about Lescott.

Given that Lescott played more than thirty games for us in his first season then I can.

Depends on what you mean by "played".  Sure he showed up but he played like a lummox.  Do you really think he looked even half the player he'd been at Everton or City, or even as effective as when at Albion for that matter?   

He was but sort of in the same way that Stephen Ireland was our player of the season under McLeish. Any time I saw Lescott for West Brom he looked past it and pretty dreadful. Their fans would probably largely agree. For us he was even worse still. We've had some absolute doozies in the worst signings ever categories. Lescott could easily make a 'shockers 18' if you had to name a team and subs of dreadful signings we've made in the Prem.

To be fair, outside of his ignorance and unprofessional behaviour, I actually remember him being one of our 'better' performers, admittedly that being something of a tallest dwarf award.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1779 on: February 28, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »

I always thought the worst deal Villa ever did was to not offer Ken McNaught an acceptable contract offer and laeting him go to Albion for £125,000. When Brendan Ormsby didn't cut it as a replacement we spent twice as much as we got for McNaught on Brighton's Steve Foster. Then after playing about a dozen games for us Foster was flogged to Luton for less than half of what we paid for him. This wonderful period of business for the club was topped off with us replacing Foster by spending five or six times the money Luton had paid us for him to buy Paul Elliott, the bloke who was at that point being kept out of the Luton side by Foster!

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1780 on: February 28, 2018, 11:57:41 PM »

He was utterly abysmal in that cup tie at Villa Park under Sherwood. Stuck to the ground and looked completely finished.

We signed Nicky Shorey a few months after Ashley Young destroyed him.

We signed Stephen Warnock a few months after James Milner destroyed him.

Strange signings all

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1781 on: March 01, 2018, 12:13:02 AM »
The day I see Micah Richards GONE or Micah Richards GLUE atop this thread will be a joyous day indeed.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1782 on: March 01, 2018, 02:30:36 AM »
According to an article on Richards in the Daily Mail, Di Matteo blocked a loan move to West Ham. He’s “celebrating” 500 days without a game.

Fucking Waster article

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1783 on: March 01, 2018, 02:49:24 AM »
I don't want him in the squad and it will be a good day when he leaves the club, but assuming that article is true it's a tad harsh to call him a waster if he's fit enough to play but isn't being picked.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1784 on: March 01, 2018, 03:21:51 AM »
I don't want him in the squad and it will be a good day when he leaves the club, but assuming that article is true it's a tad harsh to call him a waster if he's fit enough to play but isn't being picked.

That’s only if you believe the article represents everything about him and his time at the club. I find it hard to believe given how many injuries we have that he would still be disregarded entirely. I do not believe all this, he’s the club joker so we keep him around stuff. He’s on £35k a week. That’s a lot of money to pay someone to keep smiles on faces. Winning does that and creates a positive environment and it appears he’s not worthy of being a part of the winning that is taking place.

Look, I was happy when we got him because I genuinely believed he would somehow rediscover the form he had at Man City. Especially given his age and time in front of him. But the game isn’t important enough to him. It’s a crying shame because at one point he was going to something special in the game. And while he’s had injuries, and the club have been enablers in how they used him and rewarded him as they did with Gabby, for the most part he’s only got himself to blame.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal