collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458375 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1710 on: January 09, 2018, 03:08:49 PM »
2 years ago today ( my Facebook timeline kindly reminded me this morning) we were at Wycombe watching Richards being confronted by our own fans. And he's still drawing a wage from us?

Wycombe, what a farce that was - a town with the slowest serving Chip Shop I've ever been to. It was a good job I was pissed and starving or I'd have walked out

This photo always comes to mind when that game is mentioned.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #1711 on: January 09, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »
When we got relegated, I argued that the best money we could have spent was paying up both Micah's and Gabby's contracts. The counter-argument being that no business writes of assets just like that. Given time, I'm not convinced that I was wrong. I still believe that we wasted a good crisis at that time.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1712 on: January 09, 2018, 04:05:02 PM »
2 years ago today ( my Facebook timeline kindly reminded me this morning) we were at Wycombe watching Richards being confronted by our own fans. And he's still drawing a wage from us?

Wycombe, what a farce that was - a town with the slowest serving Chip Shop I've ever been to. It was a good job I was pissed and starving or I'd have walked out

We had a great day, largely down to the pub we found afterward.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1713 on: January 30, 2018, 01:40:20 PM »
This waster wasn't mentioned by Bruce yesterday as being long term injured (like Kodjia), or on his way back (like Gabby, samba), so what is he doing? Today it's reported he's quite happy to see out the remaining 18months of his contract. Villa fans need to make an example of this cnut. He's quite happy to keep a low profile whilst picking up his wages. Villa fans should put him in the public eye and show him up for what he is. He's f-cking sh-t, he's f-cking sh-t, Micah Richards is f-cking sh-t!

Offline Countryside Villain

• GM : 11.05.2016
« Reply #1714 on: January 30, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »
I'm not sure a mass public bullying campaign is really the solution.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1715 on: January 30, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »
We offered him a 4 year deal and he signed it. If we want to break the contract, we must pay the necessary damages.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1716 on: January 30, 2018, 01:55:27 PM »
We offered him a 4 year deal and he signed it. If we want to break the contract, we must pay the necessary damages.

This.

I don't like it, but the club offered the deal.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1717 on: January 30, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »
An old friend of mine is/was a WBA shareholder (not sure about now, since the Chinese have taken over) and was telling me a few months ago they (Albion) have one of the best medical facilities in football and they are extremely thorough with their checks on players.  He said it's why they were quite happy to sell Fletcher to Stoke as they believed he was on his last legs, and more pertinently they knew Lescott was a goner and were more than happy to offload him to us.  Richards and Lescott indicate that our medical checks and facilities are somewhat lacking by comparison, to say the least.  I sometimes wonder if they even check for a pulse.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1718 on: January 30, 2018, 03:03:07 PM »
An old friend of mine is/was a WBA shareholder (not sure about now, since the Chinese have taken over) and was telling me a few months ago they (Albion) have one of the best medical facilities in football and they are extremely thorough with their checks on players.  He said it's why they were quite happy to sell Fletcher to Stoke as they believed he was on his last legs, and more pertinently they knew Lescott was a goner and were more than happy to offload him to us.  Richards and Lescott indicate that our medical checks and facilities are somewhat lacking by comparison, to say the least.  I sometimes wonder if they even check for a pulse.

Albion supporter in 'We do it better dan da Villa' shock.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1719 on: January 30, 2018, 03:03:39 PM »

but how about all of the other players that have come into the club and have been just fine?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1720 on: January 30, 2018, 03:15:10 PM »
Most players are fine, but you should be able to spot the duds.  And Dave, he's not like that, and anyway you cant really deny he's right about Lescott.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1721 on: January 30, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »
Most players are fine, but you should be able to spot the duds.  And Dave, he's not like that, and anyway you cant really deny he's right about Lescott.

I'll believe they have some sort of miracle system and medical department if Sturridge plays in every game the rest of the season. If not, they are like all the other clubs where most of the time players are diagnosed correctly and go on to have injury free careers and in some cases they miss things or the player gets injured and it becomes an ongoing issue.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #1722 on: January 30, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »
I saw this thread occupying all the Recent Posts and thought we’d somehow miraculously got rid - but alas no.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1723 on: January 30, 2018, 03:33:46 PM »

Given that Lescott played more than thirty games for us in his first season then I can.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1724 on: January 30, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »
His legs have just given up on him - happens to  all of us at some stage usually early 30's - you  suddenly just can't  run as fast as you could.

For for our subject - I would keep  him on tendering to the  pitch, collecting  rubbish and serving us the fans before and half time in the kiosks around the ground.  He needs to start earning his crust.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal